Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Please let us know what you find out. I expect a wait and as long as the certificates come in the next couple of weeks it will all be fine, but I am a little concerned that we have not yet heard any reports of anyone's receiving the certificates.
Called on Wed., she took my info and said I would get a call back on Thursday. No call. Called back on Friday (yesterday) and it is being forwarded to someone else to look into....
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I just got my booking code (to choose my flights).

I am wondering, if my departure destination can be a US territory, Guam??

"Destination locations are nonnegotiable. Departing locations are not restricted (you can provide any departure location). "
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:53 pm

I called earlier in the week and was told my certs were mailed 3/9 certified mail. I'm in SoCal and still haven't gotten them. No notice my the post office. I don't think certified is supposed to take this long.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:40 am

"Free" Flight

Since this promotion seems to be copied from their previous Dockers flight promotion, the "free" airfare is likely based off the dollar amount of the base airfare before taxes. In other words, they are buying a paid ticket in your name with a pre-tax amount up to X ($300? $400?) and charging you the taxes plus a $10 booking fee. Your credit card will be charged by the marketing company (using Square) and not the airline.

Although I didn't ask, if this is anything like last time I'm assuming they are using an OTA to book the tickets and flying Southwest may not be an option. The difficulty for those trying to get the most from their purchases with this promotion is predicting what the base airfare will be 1.5-2 weeks after submitting your request.

The good news is there seems to be some flexibility at the moment as I was able to request an airline that was slightly more expensive than the originally offered carrier.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by thenewbie
Since this promotion seems to be copied from their previous Dockers flight promotion, the "free" airfare is likely based off the dollar amount of the base airfare before taxes. In other words, they are buying a paid ticket in your name with a pre-tax amount up to X ($300? $400?) and charging you the taxes plus a $10 booking fee. Your credit card will be charged by the marketing company (using Square) and not the airline.

Although I didn't ask, if this is anything like last time I'm assuming they are using an OTA to book the tickets and flying Southwest may not be an option. The difficulty for those trying to get the most from their purchases with this promotion is predicting what the base airfare will be 1.5-2 weeks after submitting your request.

The good news is there seems to be some flexibility at the moment as I was able to request an airline that was slightly more expensive than the originally offered carrier.
I am interested to see what they try to charge me, all three of my flights were over $1000+ (for travel around 4th of July). Just did a quick search, seems like taxes + fees on the ticket should be around $100 out of pocket.

Fare Details
1 Adult (18-64) $1,546.00
Additional Taxes/Fees $91.89
Total $1,637.89

GUM > JFK July 4-7...
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Got my hotel certificates in the mail yesterday!

Overall I was thrilled with this promotion. Really the only things that RiteAid/TRC didn't do well were: (1) they had inadequate staffing to handle the volume of calls and emails that they had to deal with given the time constraints that they wanted to impose; (2) they said the certificates would be mailed in a week (honestly, if they'd said four weeks, who would have cared?); and (3) they do the awkward "we'll book the hotel for you" charade and I can't really figure out why they don't just mail the certs. I can understand with the airline tickets why they'd want to minimize their costs, but their cost of the Premier Hyatt Cert has to be the same night for night, so why not just send the certs and let the customer do the booking.

Anyhow, the certs look good, they are secure certificates with a watermark. Hope they do this again. ^
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
GUM > JFK July 4-7...
Good luck with this... would love to hear that this works out, but the terms say in Paragraph 1:

This complimentary Domestic Roundtrip Flight (“Reward”) entitles the bearer to one (1) economy class roundtrip flight (excluding applicable taxes and fees) to a participating U.S. (excluding U.S. territories) destination (participating destinations provided within these terms).
Now, even though that's talking about the destination and not the departure city, the fact that "U.S." is defined as excluding territories there probably indicates that they won't consider GUM a viable option. And even if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they said "sorry, not available."

And then you have paragraph 6:

Reward valid in the United States only (excludes U.S. territories and possessions).
But... fingers crossed...
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

GUM > JFK July 4-7...

Good luck with this... would love to hear that this works out, but the terms say in Paragraph 1:

Quote:

This complimentary Domestic Roundtrip Flight (“Reward”) entitles the bearer to one (1) economy class roundtrip flight (excluding applicable taxes and fees) to a participating U.S. (excluding U.S. territories) destination (participating destinations provided within these terms).

Now, even though that's talking about the destination and not the departure city, the fact that "U.S." is defined as excluding territories there probably indicates that they won't consider GUM a viable option. And even if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they said "sorry, not available."

And then you have paragraph 6:

Quote:

Reward valid in the United States only (excludes U.S. territories and possessions).

But... fingers crossed...
Oh, you're right. Well, that was 1 of my 3 choices. Thanks for pointing that out though
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Got my hotel certificates in the mail yesterday!

Overall I was thrilled with this promotion. Really the only things that RiteAid/TRC didn't do well were: (1) they had inadequate staffing to handle the volume of calls and emails that they had to deal with given the time constraints that they wanted to impose; (2) they said the certificates would be mailed in a week (honestly, if they'd said four weeks, who would have cared?); and (3) they do the awkward "we'll book the hotel for you" charade and I can't really figure out why they don't just mail the certs. I can understand with the airline tickets why they'd want to minimize their costs, but their cost of the Premier Hyatt Cert has to be the same night for night, so why not just send the certs and let the customer do the booking.

Anyhow, the certs look good, they are secure certificates with a watermark. Hope they do this again. ^
Congratulations! I'm glad you finally received your certificates.

On point (1), I agree with you. Seems like the people who got in their requests early (like myself), were processed "on time", and those later requests really started to fall behind. Inadequately staffed. I think they could have allocated resources a little differently. I understand those certs are valuable, and so they used certified mail, though in my view many people work during the day and couldn't sign for their certs--creating another delay and extra motions by having those folks have to go to the post office to pick up their certs. Adding time, expense, and complication. They could have used regular mail, saved on the postage costs and perhaps applied those savings to fund more hourly call centre resources (or concierges, or whatever).

(2) Setting false expectations if they didn't have the right staffing levels. Which they didn't!

(3) Maybe it's some anti-fraud thing. I was honestly surprised I would be getting real certificates. If they did this three choice thing, and had me locked into one of my choices without the option to change, honestly I would have been OK with it. But if they're going to give you certs and tell you to pay for the stay with those certs, why did they do the choice thing in the first place. Totally agree there.

After all is said and done though, I'm just absolutely thrilled to have these "free" two nights. I did have to jump through hoops, but it was worth it. I would do it again, hopefully less painfully the next time!

Ruhr
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Hyatt Free Night Certs. Received

I received the certs. today via certified mail. It was only 6 days after talking to the travel agent on March 11 (see post 157) and more than two months before my scheduled stay on May 26. I might change where I will use the certs.
now.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:00 pm

I believe it is supposed to be 8 days from the time you submit your booking form until they ticket your flight. I am up to 10 days now. Would be great if they called me tomorrow with more info last I spoke to Thalia she said they only have two booking agents. Oh well, if i get ticketed - even if late - I'll still be satisfied considering the Dockers scandal!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:45 pm

I have spoken with 3 different people about the certs not being mailed. Each one was going to "follow up" and someone would contact me. Zero, nada. Tomorrow I will take this a step further.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:16 am

I confirmed my booking on February 13 and still haven't received my certificates either soonerfanatic. My reservation isn't until November so I figured that's the delay and they are getting them out to people with reservations before mine...at least that's my hope based on the fact others confirmed their reservation after me in this thread and have received their certificates. I did the February promotion as well so I planned on speaking to someone about January once I receive a call about February.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:35 am

Well, the certs arrived yesterday
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Well, the certs arrived yesterday
When is your stay scheduled for? I called on Friday checking on mine and was told they'd be mailed out closer to my stay which is in November. I was told it was when I would receive them from Hyatt. It makes me nervous to wait that long given this is just a company contracted by Rite Aid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.