[EXPIRED] Omni Berkshire Place new york $49 suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Omni Berkshire Place new york $49 suite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
No. Omni is large, they give people special pricing all the time on one level or another. if you want to do something odd like name or date changes, it will be escalated to a person who knows this from that. mistake from comp for example. if your patient not selfish and wait, when you check into the property you will be dealing with another type of person who will likely smile and say good for you nice rate, have a blast!

If your line of reasoning says there are no more rooms they found the error and pulled it. They already know. I'm gifting buddies these reservations. you're guessing and playing on a level most don't. we're a crack team of dumpster divers here that live by a code, some more adherent than others. This thread seems to have some prospectors speaking up over the level personal travel experiences.just know what you're doing in the process. appreciate how you came to be here.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:02 pm

No I'm not guessing although it is always possible to be wrong. I book mistake rates day in day out and they are either honoured or not honoured. Hotels that do not honour have spotted the mistake rate and send the bad news and hotels that do honour have always made it clear via small talk that they know the rate was a mistake after I thank them for their kindness at checkout.

I'm not suggesting that if you try to do a name or date change you will have any joy. Just be grateful for what you already have. In short don't push your luck.. you will no doubt be sorry that you did.

What I am suggesting is that it is highly unlikely that a hotel the stature of the Omni is unaware of the mistake that has occurred so whatever people do it will be non consequential as the hotel have already IMHO reached a decision over these bookings.

I of course wish everybody the best of luck with these reservations.^
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:28 am

They've upped my rate. Taxes are now more than the room rate... my grand total for 7 nights is still very cheap. $775 after taxes. So looks like they are going to honor this.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by DealAddict
They've upped my rate. Taxes are now more than the room rate... my grand total for 7 nights is still very cheap. $775 after taxes. So looks like they are going to honor this.
Did they contact you about this change? I have had no correspondence yet.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:44 am
2mg

Interesting way to recoup costs...

I checked my reservations, but I have yet to see the change. So, the taxes have changed - did they list out the specifics?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
I guess you booked directly through Omni? The rate of my booking through OTA site hasn't changed...yet.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:03 pm

I booked three separate stays via the Omni website, and nothing has changed on my reservations. the room rate is $49 plus about $12 in taxes.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:05 pm

Very odd. I checked the reservation again and the total has been reverted to the original. Not quite understanding what happened?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:01 pm
2mg

I'm no expert...

But can a company simply tack on a bunch of taxes AFTER the purchase is made?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by 2mg
But can a company simply tack on a bunch of taxes AFTER the purchase is made?
Unless the tax rate changed, I don't think they can. Even if it did increase, having a confirmed reservation, with taxes, would certainly help. I know that NYC had a room rate tax that was more for rooms of $100+, obviously that wouldn't be the case for these sale rooms.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Very odd. I checked the reservation again and the total has been reverted to the original. Not quite understanding what happened?
whatever happened, seems like it's back to normal right?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:37 am
Suspended

Programs: hotel shree ram dlx
thanks for the information that you share with us
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: AA PLT UA GLD
Has anyone stayed on this deal yet?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by infoguy
Has anyone stayed on this deal yet?
I don't think it was valid until late March, early April 2015.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:35 pm

My reservation still hasn't been amended or cancelled, so I think they may just be honoring this rate...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.