[EXPIRED] Omni Berkshire Place new york $49 suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Omni Berkshire Place new york $49 suite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by march212006
d) The Omni website is capable of displaying an existing reservation.

On the Omni website I entered both the confirmation number from Getaroom as well as the booking reference number and both returned "no reservation found."

Has anyone else had success in viewing their reservation on the hotels website?
Nope.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by march212006
d) The Omni website is capable of displaying an existing reservation.

On the Omni website I entered both the confirmation number from Getaroom as well as the booking reference number and both returned "no reservation found."

Has anyone else had success in viewing their reservation on the hotels website?
If you booked through a 3rd party, you will have to call Omni to add the booking to your account.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by lewende
If you booked through a 3rd party, you will have to call Omni to add the booking to your account.

Again, do not call them!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by BobKop
Again, do not call them!
That is only a statement, but not a recommendation...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
As one of the first ones to espouse the "Do Not Call" policy many years ago, I think you guys might be taking it to an extreme.

The deal is no longer in play. I can assure you that the property knows about the bookings. I would certainly NOT try to sell your bookings, as that will lead to lots of problems for other people who have booked it.

Many properties honor the rates they publish on their own websites. If someone offers the price, I accept that it is a valid offer at that rate. I don't expect them to weasel out of it.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
wait for the first report. simple. set a wiki with approximation dates of stays if your a nervous wreck. relaxing and thinking of Christmas works way better than calling in and getting your stay honored with a voucher and killing it for the rest. sadly sometimes you get the feeling opportunity and convenience overrides team here. thanks op, booked twice in spring.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:47 pm
2mg

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
As one of the first ones to espouse the "Do Not Call" policy many years ago, I think you guys might be taking it to an extreme.

The deal is no longer in play. I can assure you that the property knows about the bookings. I would certainly NOT try to sell your bookings, as that will lead to lots of problems for other people who have booked it.

Many properties honor the rates they publish on their own websites. If someone offers the price, I accept that it is a valid offer at that rate. I don't expect them to weasel out of it.
Well said Jaimito Cartero
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Booked directly with Omni and my reservations are showing up on the website without any problems.

Agree that there's not a ton to be lost by calling the hotel at this point. Deal is dead. Hotel surely noticed that booking volume for a particular suite went up 8000% on the day it was available and changed the rate accordingly. Think the bigger concern would be to not exploit the hotel any further; don't ask for anything the rate doesn't offer, don't sell the room to others, don't try to change the dates. Give the hotel every reason to honor the rate.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by billybligh
wait for the first report. simple.
Simple?

This fare sale is for a fairly limited, 3 month window of bookings. It's not a 12 month period. Waiting for a trip report, if your stay is in April might not work so well.

If you have to buy a revenue air ticket to NYC, waiting until a few days before your stay is going to be very expensive.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:13 am

Jc, did you say revenue ticket to Nyc? Cmon try revenue ticket to position to yangon. We've been over this here. Give us one reason you need to chat with someone at a large chain hotel operator today, months in advance of a booking probably months in advance of your own. Cool it with the guys we are overdoing the do not call rule thing. Lets be smart. I waited for another member here to fly halfway across the world in etihiad business only to denied a week later. Happens. Post the report move on. That was long and I may sound more annoyed than I am because I do see your reason to be concerned, but positioning isn't a good reason to chat with cs.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:29 am

Its all about being helpful here and so I don't sound like I'm bashing a guy that's obviously helped more than a few here. Try this one, Book another set of rooms refundable for your dates. That way you'll either have a good time or a really good time. At least that was our plan for Melia in Spain and Leonardo in Germany. worked great.

If you do have a great reason to call this early let us know. but as it stands now calling within 30 days of a transaction that's 90 plus out sounds suspect. some transactions hit different status at 30 days, end of the year, etc... waiting is best. calling the moment a "deal is dead" just seems selfish. Only ranting because I appreciate the share from OP. We've had a lot of fun through FT over the last 3 years.

Last edited by billybligh; Oct 5, 2014 at 10:34 am
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:10 pm

rez made on omni.com still shows. again, don't call!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by billybligh
Jc, did you say revenue ticket to Nyc? Cmon try revenue ticket to position to yangon. We've been over this here. Give us one reason you need to chat with someone at a large chain hotel operator today, months in advance of a booking probably months in advance of your own. Cool it with the guys we are overdoing the do not call rule thing. Lets be smart. I waited for another member here to fly halfway across the world in etihiad business only to denied a week later. Happens. Post the report move on. That was long and I may sound more annoyed than I am because I do see your reason to be concerned, but positioning isn't a good reason to chat with cs.
I have no reason to call. At this time, I would not criticize anyone who did.

If someone is calling to ask if they can "reassign" their reservation, of course I would look on that as a bad act.

Again, the FT mantra is, "Don't call while the deal is alive".

The amount of bad press that the hotel would receive for not honoring it's own deal would likely far outweigh the extra booking revenue from canceling reservations.

As someone who "likely" had a 7 figure Jumbo blown by an idiot calling in while the deal was alive, I do not post this opinion lightly.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Don't call while the deal is alive.

Simple as that folks. Goodness gracious.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:54 pm

Jaimito speaks from reason.

This thread is transforming into the ridiculous. The hotel obviously know about the mistake rate, unless basic common sense says otherwise, which clearly it doesn't. Whether somebody contacts the hotel or not is totally irrelevant at this stage. Why would somebody calling jeopardise an error rate that they already know about?

No doubt they have already been contacted by numerous people and no doubt they already have made a decision regarding this rate.

To state the obvious the hotel will either honour the rate or refuse to honour. Calling or not calling at this belated hour will not effect that decision.

So far all bodes well but there is still time for bad news. However as with the Millennium deal in Thailand it is never over until the fat lady sings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.