Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by WorldofWonders
It worked... They accepted my claim in a matter of hours
thats awesome...has anyone used travelpony for other BRG's...hilton, spg, Ihg
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:20 am

Active coupon code for TravelPony: FACEBOOK7

This will take 7% off any booking on the site. According the the email I received from them on Tuesday it was supposed to be shut down, but it's still working...but I don't know for how long.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 4:06 pm

Privacy concern

When requiring sign-up to even look at some prices, TP has this FB advisory:

We respect your privacy so we only request your name and email

But when I clicked to sign-in via FB, it also requests access to my friend list!

No thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by agrater
When requiring sign-up to even look at some prices, TP has this FB advisory:

We respect your privacy so we only request your name and email

But when I clicked to sign-in via FB, it also requests access to my friend list!

No thanks.

don't sign up with your FB info.

just made my first TP booking, not too bad considering its $542 total everywhere else (before coupons), used facebook7 code:

Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
My credit from referring still applies today. Don't know if there is any minimum though. I used it towards a long stay.
Regarding the "deterioration" and your seemingly imperious need to "stack" codes why don't you go ahead and try?

If you want to stack, go ahead and stack - I know I did. I am in no way affiliated with TP, just sharing my latest booking of 4 night including a week end at 129$/night (before tax and TP credit discount) at Palazzo, which is cancellable and massively available in july/august and therefore 45% cheaper than market BEFORE applying TP credits.

I am mentioning this in a rebuttal to the ones putting in questions TP's merits regarding rates is all ; I don't need stacking if I got good rates.
Rate for Venetian some dates has gone down since I last checked. Just helped in laws book Aug 10-14 (not a weekend), $86 a night before tax and fees (using code facebook7 for 7% off), Expedia was $159, direct with promo $124.

Last edited by trajanc; Jul 4, 2014 at 8:51 am
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:30 am

Yep, TravelPony seems to still do well in Vegas. Not in Orlando any more, compared to last year...

So, no one posted net effect of their BRG(?)
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:17 am
Suspended

Never heard of this sit until today! Found a good deal in New York for October! Thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:08 am

Use Promo Code at Checkout

Only 921 left!

Additional 10% off total purchase:

FLASHPONY
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:28 am

Their current sale offer looks terrible. tpsavings to get 10-45% off. However they have jacked up the prices on all the hotels to offset the savings. Example hotel I was tracking Sunset Vistas, Treasure Island, FL, was $144, now $160 but code gets you 10% off. Wooo. Plus on multi night bookings the discount is on only the first night.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by trajanc
Their current sale offer looks terrible. tpsavings to get 10-45% off. However they have jacked up the prices on all the hotels to offset the savings. Example hotel I was tracking Sunset Vistas, Treasure Island, FL, was $144, now $160 but code gets you 10% off. Wooo. Plus on multi night bookings the discount is on only the first night.
Exactly true,i was myself tracking a hotel to stay at and they have jacked their prices from 84$+taxes{99} a night to 130$+taxes{151} while the same Hotel has actually decreased the prices on their own website
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:45 am

I agree. It's totally bogus. They eliminated the standard built-in discounts they had over some competitors for certain properties, then offered back a "discount". Do they think nobody would notice?? Well I guess they were right because I see some bloggers giving the "sale" free press as a good deal.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:06 pm

They have fixed the issue with the discount only applying to the first night.

Sale itself is still basically a fraud. Shame they think they need to do this. They have some great deals but crap like this makes the whole business seem so shady and amateurish.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:43 pm

Yes I agree- well maybe not that it is "fraud" but that it is poor marketing that will just annoy and drive away any savvy travel consumers. I have used TravelPony several times and thought they were a consolidator-like site that had better than average prices on certain properties on a daily basis, but now that they have increased their base prices and have been providing this "today only" code day after day to get back some of what they took away, I am less likely to use them. If it is truly a site based on a marketing model of little or no advertising and using social media for exposure, they should take note this latest strategy is backfiring and they are pissing people off.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by gil123
Yes I agree- well maybe not that it is "fraud" but that it is poor marketing that will just annoy and drive away any savvy travel consumers. I have used TravelPony several times and thought they were a consolidator-like site that had better than average prices on certain properties on a daily basis, but now that they have increased their base prices and have been providing this "today only" code day after day to get back some of what they took away, I am less likely to use them. If it is truly a site based on a marketing model of little or no advertising and using social media for exposure, they should take note this latest strategy is backfiring and they are pissing people off.
Didn't mean fraud like the crime. But fraud as in fake, not real? Yeah, it is that.

Re social media and the travel blogs, yeah, interesting seeing who is promoting this as a 'great sale' and who actually checked it out and has some integrity (answer; very few ).
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by diederik
I also just sent a claim with Marriott - was not expecting it to be accepted, but price difference is substantial (~30%) - worth a shot.
I have two BRG's approved with Marriott, Using TP.

Courtyard- Lihue ( Kaui) Marriott Rate was Oceanview $191.
TP was $109 New rate $81.75

Courytyard Kona Hawaii.
My rate was knocked down to $99 from $175

I emailed IHG, they said no, they do not BRG TP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.