Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:31 am

Heads Up on TravelPony Flash Sale

Hey all,

I get TravelPony's special blogger newsletter. For those of you who aren't familiar with Travel Pony, it is discount hotel booking site. It is great and cheap. I use it often, but in this newsletter, they tipped us off that they are going to be having a Flash Sale where they are taking an extra 10% off any hotel booked through their website. It is suppose to start at midnight tonight (Friday June 13 12:00 AM). Just thought I would give you all the heads up if you were planning on booking a hotel.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have 2 x $35 credits that we've been trying to use for months on TP.

I've found better deals elsewhere.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
I've found better deals elsewhere.
Agreed
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I'm based in London and found TP substantially cheaper for my New York hotel and the Miami hotels are cheaper than the trivago deals.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I have used Travel Pony to get A BRG deal with Marriott.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BERbound
I'm based in London and found TP substantially cheaper for my New York hotel and the Miami hotels are cheaper than the trivago deals.
Care to share any specifics?

TravelPony hasn't been on my radar so far, and a Web search seems to bring up only a bunch of generally positive "reviews" that the skeptic in me discounts simply because they all seem to push their referral links.

If anyone cares to share specific dates & prices they've actually booked at, then we can compare it with existing corporate and discount codes to see whether TravelPony is really offering anything special or not.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:23 pm

1.Their deals soured since they first tried to get at least some market share. Not sure they're remaining competitive at this point.
2. there used to be no minimum spend to use $35 travel credit - but is it still the case?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
1.Their deals soured since they first tried to get at least some market share. Not sure they're remaining competitive at this point.
2. there used to be no minimum spend to use $35 travel credit - but is it still the case?
TP is definitely on my radar. Case in point: Vegas, The Palazzo June 25-June29...
588$ on TP, before taxes and discounts, 870$ everywhere else...
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:30 pm

First 1000 Customers Save an Extra 10%!
TravelPony delivers deep discounts on hotels just for spreading the word, while The Big Travel Sites spend billions advertising the same hotel prices.

Book Today and Save Even More
Use the following discount code for an additional 10% off any order:

FLASHPONY
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:49 am

Can't argue about one hotel on certain date. Overall, however, there are sites with lower prices on most hotels. That's significantly different from last year: when TravelPony just started out, pricing was more aggressive. Are travel credits still applicable to any booking, or there are min. spend now?
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
TP is definitely on my radar. Case in point: Vegas, The Palazzo June 25-June29...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:55 am

Any currently valid codes (non-referral)? Missed out on the 10%
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

I am trying to book a room on Travelpony.com - all is well except for one thing.

When I get to the payment page after I enter all my payment data, credit card number, etc. and I click on the payment box I get a cross scripting warning letting me know that the site is not safe, the security certificate was revoked and advising me not to trust this website.

This is happening with both I.E. and Firefox. I am running the latest updated versions of each on two different laptops and still having this problem.

The link says https://wwwtravelpony.com so it should be secure. This is really strange.

Has any of you encountered this same problem?

I am a first timer on the site. I want to make sure it is 100% safe.

Calling for help and advice. Thank you.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by CDG1
I am trying to book a room on Travelpony.com - all is well except for one thing.

When I get to the payment page after I enter all my payment data, credit card number, etc. and I click on the payment box I get a cross scripting warning letting me know that the site is not safe, the security certificate was revoked and advising me not to trust this website.

This is happening with both I.E. and Firefox. I am running the latest updated versions of each on two different laptops and still having this problem.

The link says https://wwwtravelpony.com so it should be secure. This is really strange.

Has any of you encountered this same problem?

I am a first timer on the site. I want to make sure it is 100% safe.

Calling for help and advice. Thank you.
Wierd. You are missing a dot in the link in your post. I click that link and I get a security warning. But your problem sounds like something more than that.
When I go to www.travelpony.com I've never gotten a security warning and I'm on that site like everyday with multiple different browsers.

Just FYI, I booked Planet Hollywood in Vegas 1 1/2 hours before check in. No problem when I arrived. Haven't had similar luck with some other sites/properties.

Overall they have some good deals. Not consistently the best but travelpony is definitely in my list of top 5 must check sites.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
Holy crapola! Their prices on Venetian some nights (I checked Aug 10 to 14) is $110 incl tax before resort fee. Wonder if that is a glitch?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Not bad at all.
It is not a glitch, just validated my 145$-a-night-incl-tax-and-two-week-end-nights stay with front desk at Palazzo ;-) (booking is not for me...)) ;-)
Everything is fine...

Originally Posted by trajanc
Holy crapola! Their prices on Venetian some nights (I checked Aug 10 to 14) is $110 incl tax before resort fee. Wonder if that is a glitch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.