Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: shahr04360
Orbitz's Price Guarantee covers flight, hotels, packages, rental cars and activities.

What it means
If you find a cheaper identical flight, package, rental car or activity within 24 hours of booking, or a cheaper, identical hotel up to 2 days before your standalone hotel check-in date, we'll refund the difference and give you 50 USD Orbucks.

Before you submit your claim, answer the following questions:
- Is the cost of your booking at least 50 USD, excluding taxes and fees?
- Did you book your flight, package, rental car or activity on Orbitz in the last 24 hours?
- Standalone hotel bookings only: Is today's date at least 2 days before the check-in date?
- Are the trip dates the same?
- Did you find the lower price on a website in English?
- Is the lower price quoted in US dollars?
- Is the room type the same?
- Is the cancellation policy the same?

If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions and wish to receive your refund, then you will need to:
1. Have your Orbitz itinerary number ready.
2. Submit your claim by clicking here.

Good to know
- To qualify for Orbucks, you must have an Orbitz account.
- If you booked as a guest, you will only qualify for a refund in price difference.
- Orbucks will be added to your account 3-4 weeks after your qualifying travel itinerary has been completed.
- The amount of Orbucks issued is limited to the total amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees). If the amount spent on the booking is less than the amount of Orbucks you are eligible to receive, then the Orbucks will be capped at an amount equal to the amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees).

Source: https://www.orbitz.com/service/#/articles/553/55/16146
Print Wikipost

Orbitz BRG

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
If you cancel a flexible reservation paid with Orbucks will they refund you the Orbucks?
Old May 9, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by winkny
If you cancel a flexible reservation paid with Orbucks will they refund you the Orbucks?
Yes... as long as the Orbucks have not expired at the time of cancellation (check your Orbucks statement to see what is expiring and when...)
Old May 11, 2017, 5:34 am
Suspended

My first experience with Orbitz has been pretty bad. Booked a hotel with them on Monday. Next day, price for 4 nights has gone down by 30$. I submit a claim. A few hour later, the price went down by another 20$ and I send them an email with a screenshot of the new lowest price. This morning, they reply to my email, ignoring the lowest price and telling me my claim has been approved for a refund of 15$ and a 50$ coupon, which I will only receive 30 days after my stay. W T F
Old May 11, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
This is almost turning into a bit of a scam. Recent attempts for flight BRG's resulted in the claims being rejecting with a form letter.

"We would like to inform you that your Price Guarantee request does not meet the criteria established in the terms and conditions. Specifically, the screenshot that you have submitted does not indicate the number of guests. It must be an apples to apples comparison."
- Sounds like they sent a form letter for a hotel BRG even though it was a flight BRG claim. The screenshot clearly indicated there was only one passenger.

"it does not meet the criteria established in the terms and conditions and we are unable to process a refund. Specifically, the cabin class and flight number were not indicated on the screenshot that you have submitted. The Price Guarantee claim is available only for exact itinerary matches."
- This was for a BRG flight claim with a screen shot of a lower price on their own website orbitz.com
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by turbov6
This is almost turning into a bit of a scam. Recent attempts for flight BRG's resulted in the claims being rejecting with a form letter.

"We would like to inform you that your Price Guarantee request does not meet the criteria established in the terms and conditions. Specifically, the screenshot that you have submitted does not indicate the number of guests. It must be an apples to apples comparison."
- Sounds like they sent a form letter for a hotel BRG even though it was a flight BRG claim. The screenshot clearly indicated there was only one passenger.

"it does not meet the criteria established in the terms and conditions and we are unable to process a refund. Specifically, the cabin class and flight number were not indicated on the screenshot that you have submitted. The Price Guarantee claim is available only for exact itinerary matches."
- This was for a BRG flight claim with a screen shot of a lower price on their own website orbitz.com
Another claim just approved. Got same reply BTW. Appeal, reply them with all infos (flight numbers, cabin class, price breakdown, number of pax) in screenshots they require (few images). Bump. Received reply email with approval claim. Orbitz much tolerate than others as they can receive screen shot. Shortfall you can only attach one-screenshot image at first. Some agent just ended-up with quoted reply while some may ask additional info they required. Just keep all infos screenshot in safe.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Originally Posted by armus
Given their BRG rules and marketing gimmicks it seems that for most orbitz hotel bookings it's possible, at least in theory, to get at least the $50 orbucks part of the BRG -- just intentionally make a simple/basic hotel booking on Orbitz, then attempt another identical booking on orbitz in a way that gets a lower price (e.g., via their mobile website, or their constantly-present and publicly-advertised 15% coupon code) and use that for a BRG price match.
Short version: I tried doing this and got denied for not being apples-to-apples.

Long version: I've had multiple instances lately where I use a 15% off coupon and see it reflected on the price quote page, but when I click on "book now" the confirmation page no longer reflects the discount. This happened on a non-ref booking. Online agents gave boilerplate comments that didn't address the issue and phone agents were useless and hung up (I've since opted for credit card dispute). The phone agent suggested I try a price match claim with a booking that showed the coupon discount but was denied for not being apples-to-apples.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I didn't see a definitive answer, so sorry if I missed it: When placing a claim on a hotel for which I used a 15% off code, does the competitor's price have to be lower pre- or post-code?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
I didn't see a definitive answer, so sorry if I missed it: When placing a claim on a hotel for which I used a 15% off code, does the competitor's price have to be lower pre- or post-code?
Mine worked post-code. One person challenged me once but ultimately approved it.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Moorea
Mine worked post-code. One person challenged me once but ultimately approved it.
As in, you compared the pre-code Orbitz price to a competitor's price and the BRG was approved despite you ultimately paying less after using a 15% off code?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:59 pm

As in, you compared the pre-code Orbitz price to a competitor's price and the BRG was approved despite you ultimately paying less after using a 15% off code?
Oh, no. Didn't try that. Doesn't seem fair to me.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:52 am

Just another data point to add:

Booked one night at a hotel through Orbitz. About a week later, I noticed the price on Orbitz itself dropped by a few dollars. Submitted BRG claim and was approved after 12 hours, with the approval confirming a refund of the price difference + $50 Orbucks.

First claim with them, so far so good! Between their BRG program, cashback portals, coupons, Orbucks, and their cobranded credit card, there is certainly a great deal of value to be had.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I'm having an issue with Orbitz BRG now. They initially approved a BRG on my flight from LIH to HNL. Price difference was $9.99. I'm Platinum so I'd get that amount refunded plus $50 orbucks.

Well I get to the airport today and HA canceled my original flight due to mechanical. They re-accommodated me on an earlier flight which of course they should. Well now Orbitz is saying my itinerary no longer qualifies for the BRG since it was not flown as approved. Has anyone had experiences with this? I'm very frustrated right now. How am I supposed to fly a flight that's canceled? I showed up at the airport to fly the ticketed itinerary. It's not like I can board the flight when it's canceled.

Does anyone have any advice here? I understand if I'd made a change then it would not qualify, but this seems nitpicky.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Let’s say a hotel on orbitz is 200 and you use a 15% standard coupon and next day the price drops to 180 before the coupon.

why is this ineligible if you could have used the same coupon on the 180 lower price?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Let’s say a hotel on orbitz is 200 and you use a 15% standard coupon and next day the price drops to 180 before the coupon.

why is this ineligible if you could have used the same coupon on the 180 lower price?
It should be eligible -- I've done exactly this kind of BRG and was approved without a fight!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
It should be eligible -- I've done exactly this kind of BRG and was approved without a fight!
Darn. I’ve asked again and they’ve repeated that they only compare total price (after coupon) vs any potential lower price.

Complete BS in my opinion with the new coupon everything business models of OTAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.