HOLIDAY INN ELK GROVE VILLAGE (CHICAGO, OHARE) $42++ See inside

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOLIDAY INN ELK GROVE VILLAGE (CHICAGO, OHARE) $42++ See inside

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I can't take advantage of this but I wonder if the $50 and $75 rebate offers would work for this rate? That would make it a even hotter deal.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by chunky649
I can't take advantage of this but I wonder if the $50 and $75 rebate offers would work for this rate? That would make it a even hotter deal.
IHG $50 rebate ended on August 2nd. 50% travel club discount rates are also excluded from the rebate offers (which would be Entertainment regardless of the % amount off on the rate).

Last edited by CalItalian; Aug 21, 2012 at 8:30 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
A warning for anyone who intend to use the shuttle to this hotel from ORD.

This place only run the shuttle every hour no matter from the hotel or from ORD. Last time I was about to catch the shuttle to the hotel for the semi-annual airline collectible show from ORD. I called the hotel and was told I missed the shuttle by 10 min, and the driver won't be back for another 50 min !
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
So let's post every other Entertainment rate as well? And every AAA rate?
This isn't some $300/nt property going for $42.
I would wager that Raffles Longhaul has more / better HOT deals in his ~650 posts on FT than anyone else. I didn't click on this thread because of the city or the hotel; I clicked it because Raffles Longhaul started the thread, and if he says something is a deal, I listen. I don't always jump in, but I sure do listen.

You on the other hand? Never heard of ya.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hobo13
I would wager that Raffles Longhaul has more / better HOT deals in his ~650 posts on FT than anyone else. I didn't click on this thread because of the city or the hotel; I clicked it because Raffles Longhaul started the thread, and if he says something is a deal, I listen. I don't always jump in, but I sure do listen.

You on the other hand? Never heard of ya.
Well, thank you for that astute, non sequitur, ad hominem, observation. I am so glad this is a HOT deal. There is also a HOT deal on Milk at the corner store. Just walk in, grab it from the refrigerator, and remove it, then walk out the door. Then proceed to complain when the HOT deal isn't honored.

You can also book corporate rates as an IBM employee at any hotel you'd like - HOT deals! Also, check out the government rates at every hotel in America - HOT deals!

It's not a HOT deal if there's a substantial chance you get to the hotel and it isn't honored because you don't qualify for it. If my initial comment was so offbase because it had the nerve to suggest that there might be something wrong with encouraging people to book a rate they were not qualified for, then the infallible OP would not have edited his initial post to suggest people should actually qualify for the rate.

I have never heard of you either, my apologies. Are you perhaps one of the greedy people who insists that travel companies are always wrong when they try to enforce rules and don't allow themselves to be taken advantage of?

Last edited by Adam1222; Aug 23, 2012 at 5:35 am
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Well, thank you for that astute, non sequitur, ad hominem, observation. I am so glad this is a HOT deal. There is also a HOT deal on Milk at the corner store. Just walk in, grab it from the refrigerator, and remove it, then walk out the door. Then proceed to complain when the HOT deal isn't honored.

You can also book corporate rates as an IBM employee at any hotel you'd like - HOT deals! Also, check out the government rates at every hotel in America - HOT deals!

It's not a HOT deal if there's a substantial chance you get to the hotel and it isn't honored because you don't qualify for it. If my initial comment was so offbase because it had the nerve to suggest that there might be something wrong with encouraging people to book a rate they were not qualified for, then the infallible OP would not have edited his initial post to suggest people should actually qualify for the rate.

I have never heard of you either, my apologies. Are you perhaps one of the greedy people who insists that travel companies are always wrong when they try to enforce rules and don't allow themselves to be taken advantage of?

I like Raffles posts too - I have to agree they are usually filled with travel deal goodness! Yours - not so much. You seem so angry .... are you lost?
Were you looking for the Hyatt Gold Passport Forum?

I'm kidding, you come in here and fling your poo at our hotel deals and our integrity all day long, I'm not a mod and I won't flag your posts, but I sure wouldn't be sorry to see them go either. @:-)

And for the record, I don't agree with your analogy. Exceptional rates, using AAA, EC, Costco/BJ or any other *publicly* available booking method have always been welcome in this forum. IBM and Government rates are not available to the public, unlike the Entertainment Card. See the difference? And as for your milk analogy, I'm both lactose and insult intolerant so I don't care much for that one either.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
We'll just have to agree to disagree that a rate limited to people with a certain affiliation is not a rate for the general public.

Finally, yes, I am angry, as I found hobo's post to be an unnecessary personal attack. I never said Raffles makes bad posts, or that he is a worthless individual, etc. All I said is that I didn't think *this* post was appropriate.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by redreeper
I like Raffles posts too - I have to agree they are usually filled with travel deal goodness! Yours - not so much. You seem so angry .... are you lost?
Were you looking for the Hyatt Gold Passport Forum?

I'm kidding, you come in here and fling your poo at our hotel deals and our integrity all day long, I'm not a mod and I won't flag your posts, but I sure wouldn't be sorry to see them go either. @:-)

And for the record, I don't agree with your analogy. Exceptional rates, using AAA, EC, Costco/BJ or any other *publicly* available booking method have always been welcome in this forum. IBM and Government rates are not available to the public, unlike the Entertainment Card. See the difference? And as for your milk analogy, I'm both lactose and insult intolerant so I don't care much for that one either.
Well said! Not only is it publicly available - it's easy to get and almost free which makes it worthy in my book.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
We'll just have to agree to disagree that a rate limited to people with a certain affiliation is not a rate for the general public.

Finally, yes, I am angry, as I found hobo's post to be an unnecessary personal attack. I never said Raffles makes bad posts, or that he is a worthless individual, etc. All I said is that I didn't think *this* post was appropriate.
You went so far as to wish "Rack Rates" upon us all. I'm still in shock.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Part 1 of my post is a defense of Raffles LH.

Part 2 is a statement of fact -- I have never heard of you. How is that a personal attack? On FT, one needs to have thick skin.... er, how about some skin.

And back to the subject matter -- so if there is a AAA rate for $5 / night at the Westin Times Sq, is it unethical for someone to go sign up (and pay for) an AAA membership just to book that deal? I'm serious. You seem to say no.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
In spite of all the discussion, I for one, would like to thank Raffles longhaul for the heads up! It's only because of the original post that I was able to use an overnight flight option via ORD this past weekend. My mom landed first, used the shuttle and checked in no problem Friday evening, then I joined her when I arrived, and we left together Saturday morning. Thank you, Raffles longhaul!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver

I'm not
I personally thank the OP for the great rate. Anyone can join, so this is a publicly available rate in my opinion. If you are that high strung then I'm not sure FT is the best forum out there for you...Grey areas abound on this site
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by skibum7732
I personally thank the OP for the great rate. Anyone can join, so this is a publicly available rate in my opinion. If you are that high strung then I'm not sure FT is the best forum out there for you...Grey areas abound on this site
Thanks skibum7732 for the Sage advice from a Flyertalk person who has been around for a LONG time.

To jump back into the original two posts.The original post by Raffles was not what you see today. It was edited AFTER ADAM 1222 pointed out the FLAWS in the original post.
Why people are jumping on him because he made a valid point about not using a discount YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO I have yet to figure out.
NO ONE can make anyone a moral or ethical person that is up to the person to decide. But we should not facilitate those who want to abuse the system and the original post could have left the impression of condoning that. (SKIBUM7732. that is your grey area)

Now children let us not post anymore on this thread unless it has to do with the rate . Otherwise I will put you to bed without supper.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by darben
Thanks skibum7732 for the Sage advice from a Flyertalk person who has been around for a LONG time.

To jump back into the original two posts.The original post by Raffles was not what you see today. It was edited AFTER ADAM 1222 pointed out the FLAWS in the original post.
Why people are jumping on him because he made a valid point about not using a discount YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO I have yet to figure out.
NO ONE can make anyone a moral or ethical person that is up to the person to decide. But we should not facilitate those who want to abuse the system and the original post could have left the impression of condoning that. (SKIBUM7732. that is your grey area)

Now children let us not post anymore on this thread unless it has to do with the rate . Otherwise I will put you to bed without supper.
The problem is that it appears Adam just jumped to conclusions and made a very accusatory post. He could have simply pointed out that it was an ENT rate, and requested that the OP include that information in his post. Considering that anyone can join ENT, and very cheaply at that, it was really unnecessary for him to accuse anyone of cheating, or suggest that anyone cheat.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by hobo13
The problem is that it appears Adam just jumped to conclusions and made a very accusatory post. He could have simply pointed out that it was an ENT rate, and requested that the OP include that information in his post. Considering that anyone can join ENT, and very cheaply at that, it was really unnecessary for him to accuse anyone of cheating, or suggest that anyone cheat.
Unless you read the original post you too are jumping to a conclusion and going on appearances

I will no longer respond to you as thid has gone on too long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.