FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HOLIDAY INN ELK GROVE VILLAGE (CHICAGO, OHARE) $42++ See inside
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:46 am
skibum7732
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Well, thank you for that astute, non sequitur, ad hominem, observation. I am so glad this is a HOT deal. There is also a HOT deal on Milk at the corner store. Just walk in, grab it from the refrigerator, and remove it, then walk out the door. Then proceed to complain when the HOT deal isn't honored.

You can also book corporate rates as an IBM employee at any hotel you'd like - HOT deals! Also, check out the government rates at every hotel in America - HOT deals!

It's not a HOT deal if there's a substantial chance you get to the hotel and it isn't honored because you don't qualify for it. If my initial comment was so offbase because it had the nerve to suggest that there might be something wrong with encouraging people to book a rate they were not qualified for, then the infallible OP would not have edited his initial post to suggest people should actually qualify for the rate.
I'm not
I have never heard of you either, my apologies. Are you perhaps one of the greedy people who insists that travel companies are always wrong when they try to enforce rules and don't allow themselves to be taken advantage of?
I personally thank the OP for the great rate. Anyone can join, so this is a publicly available rate in my opinion. If you are that high strung then I'm not sure FT is the best forum out there for you...Grey areas abound on this site