Reload this Page >

Travelocity - 10% off any hotel or package booked by 8/5/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelocity - 10% off any hotel or package booked by 8/5/12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:47 pm

Well since TO publicly tweeted the code...I don't really know how well that holds up. 10% off is not enough to motivate me to use them.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Is the 10% off code for every person, or is the 10% off code just for the people who thought that the $200 off code was for them and then got their bookings cancelled? They are going to have to do much, much better than 10% off to get most of the business back that they lost. This last thing was a major debacle for TO - the way they handled it all.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Here's my timeline of #NFB2012 booking events:

-- I saw the post in the general codes thread.
-- Googled the code to find out more information.
-- The tweet I found in the search results said: "@Travelocity has offered NFB members $200 of a three-night hotel and flight package thru September 4; use code NFB2012. #NFB12" click
-- I became a NFB Member-at-Large.
-- My Travelocity vacation package search came back with an error, so I clicked the Term & Conditions link.
-- Read the T&Cs.
-- Adjusted the dates of my search to pre-December 31, 2012.
-- Booked a vacation package for two family members. Got email confirmation that tickets are issued. Confirmed on airlines' sites.
-- Five (5!) days later, got Travelocity email cancellation for one (1) itinerary.
-- Both itineraries disappeared from Travelocity.com, then airlines' sites.

99.9% of the time, I chalk failed deals up to "win some, lose some", but not this time. I read and followed the rules. Itineraries were confirmed and ticketed, then cancelled five days later. Travelocity is claiming rules that didn't exist were broken.

I have filed a complaint with the US DOT, and I urge anyone else who feels wronged to do so too.

US DOT: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm
Canada DOT: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/air-menu.htm...ign=airleftnav

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.