Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Error Fare - Hilton New York at 30 USD per night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Error Fare - Hilton New York at 30 USD per night

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
When the W Times Square published a mistake rate of $25 per night, they honored it without any hesitation. So, there is a history of mistake rates being honored in NYC. Granted, that was Starwood and this is Hilton.
wow nice how long ago was that wish I didn't miss that since I am in NY a lot.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:22 pm

anybody heard from Agnes? Been three days and I haven't heard from her. I didn't expect to hear something over the weekend, but figured something by close of business today.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
When the W Times Square published a mistake rate of $25 per night, they honored it without any hesitation. So, there is a history of mistake rates being honored in NYC. Granted, that was Starwood and this is Hilton.
That is totally incorrect. I was one who was in on that deal for 12 rooms for 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend 2002 (and a few other weekends prior). Starwood called us trying to get us to take a higher rate. We held out, contacted the press and when it got into the Wall Street Journal that is only when they relented.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by CalItalian
I was one who was in on that deal for 12 rooms for 5 nights
Wow!! Guess you had quite a party up there!!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:50 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

That is totally incorrect. I was one who was in on that deal for 12 rooms for 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend 2002 (and a few other weekends prior). Starwood called us trying to get us to take a higher rate. We held out, contacted the press and when it got into the Wall Street Journal that is only when they relented.
I'll take your word for it but I don't remember. Probably beacause for me, that was about 50 hot deals ago!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:14 am

I'll take your word for it but I don't remember. Probably beacause for me, that was about 50 hot deals ago!
Unfortunatley, Marriott didn't do the same for us with the Residence Inn NYC $25 rate... Here's the blast from the past...

W Hotel's Room-Rate Mistake
Benefits Some New York Guests
By JANE COSTELLO
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE

NEW YORK -- It's a happy new year for some guests at the new W Hotel in Times Square.

The upscale hotel opened Dec. 27 with a bang, when hotel personnel inadvertently loaded an incorrect room rate into the hotel's computer system. People who visited Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide's Web site from Dec. 27 through Jan. 2 were able to book rooms at the W for $25 a night instead of $259.

Word of the rock-bottom rate was posted on several message boards in cyberspace, and by Tuesday, at least 172 people had booked a total of 342 room nights.

When they first learned of the mistake, hotel personnel at the W called several people to inform them of the error and encourage them to pay the $259 rate. But officials at the parent company eventually decided to honor the discounted price.

"It was our mistake, so we'll honor it" says Starwood spokeswoman Nadeen Ayala. "A bunch of people are now going to stay in a brand new W hotel for $25. They'll have a great time."

This isn't the first time technologically savvy travelers have netted a good deal on the Net. Last year, Hilton Hotels Corp. had a similar data-entry error that resulted in $0 rates at several hotels in the U.S. and in Mexico City. Hilton also eventually agreed to honor the free room nights. In February 2001, United Airlines mistakenly entered a series of fare codes that resulted in sales of round-trip tickets to Europe for less than $30.

Steve Leibowitz, a computer trainer from Brewster, Mass., booked two nights for the end of March at the Times Square W hotel. "It's a present for my wife," he says. "Her birthday is April Fool's Day."
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have yet to hear from Anges as well. I have sent her two emails thus far. Funny how quickly they are to email us when they noticed the fare error, but then complete silence.

I personally still think my $109 rate is extremely fare for a NYC hotel, however, it would be nice for them to get back to me.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: AS GOLD
I haven't gotten any reply from Agnes too. Should we start calling? Silent is golden but how long do you have to wait? I has been a week.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
What to do next

While this is not my fight I would as a next step contact the GM of the hotel
MARK LAUER - HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER either by fax or telephone.
My conversation (fax to him) with him would be that I had contacted (fill in name) on (date)and had not been granted the courtesy of a reply. I am calling the GM to let him know I had not received a reply and was hoping he could get me a reply. Curiosity being what it is; the GM's secretary (you probably won't get through to him personally) will ask you what the problem is. This is your opportunity to give her the lowdown. Write down what you propose to say and keep it short and business like. Leave contact information and ask how long you should wait before calling back to follow up.
If you fax lay out the problem and the solution clearly and be reasonable. Give multiple contact info.

I guess if it was me my fax would offer to pay $99.00 a day for the 2 days. But your call is your call. If they countered back at $129.00 I would ask if they would throw in breakfast for that price.

If you are one of those people that goes off the deep end and gets to threatening quickly by all means fax.
If you do not know if your are then you are.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:42 am
Suspended

Thanks to such greedy guys as you, they are less and less likely to honor mistake rates @:-)
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by OliverM
Thanks to such greedy guys as you, they are less and less likely to honor mistake rates @:-)
That was 10 years ago, almost. But I'd do it all over again today. I was also the OP of the 5* Windsor Court Hotel New Orleans $35 club floor suite (or lower, if you pre-paid) over the Labor Day period last year. My friends and I booked 8 rooms on that one. I also met a number of those who took advantage of the deal I shared here on FT in the club floor lounge.

The number of rooms booked by one person has nothing to do with their honoring it or not. My friends and I have occupied every room I've ever booked and was honored.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by OliverM
You are wrong.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:59 am

Got a call from Agnes. Anyone else?

Last edited by Moorea; Nov 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
She called!

She called. Accepted my counter offer. 25k points.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by SESTAR
She called. Accepted my counter offer. 25k points.
Same here. Exact same amount of points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.