Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Fairmont Hotels & Resorts NFAF

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Corporate sent a message to employees today notifying them that they are aware of the online leak of the NFFR code and will be dealing with it. I would not be surprised to see your reservation not honored if you can not provide proof.
Aw you saying all reservations made this way won't be honoured?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by tcook052
Aw you saying all reservations made this way won't be honoured?
Nope, all I know is the official words were that they were "investigating misuse of the code and will be dealing with it"
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
travel agent?

It seems like we have a travel agency for FT? NFFR is a new friend& family code. It does not ask to provide any ID to prove that you have a Facebook friend. Fairmont is your friend
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
travel agent?

Duplicated. Delete.

Last edited by Bacai; Nov 25, 2010 at 10:02 am
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bacai
It seems like we have a travel agency for FT? NFFR is a new friend& family code. It does not ask to provide any ID to prove that you have a Facebook friend. Fairmont is your friend
The code has been around for awhile.. the source is found here

http://www.omers.com/Retirees/Public...RS_retiree.htm

Like Military, Travel Agent Rates, OMERS code requires you to produce ID.. whether they enforce it depends on the hotel.

What is OMERS?

http://www.omers.com/

You might get excited about a discount code.. An OMERS retiree, Military, or Licensed Travel Agent might not get too excited. Anyone can become one of the above I suppose.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Looks someone does not want us o use the NFFR rate but use the Facebook links for booking F&F rates.

Hope someone is not a Tale Tattler!!!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Looks someone does not want us o use the NFFR rate but use the Facebook links for booking F&F rates.

Nobody is stopping you to use the OMERS Retiree nffr rate, military rate, or traveller agents' rate. No one is "tale tattler" your deal.

I sense you're a bit uncomfortable, not knowing when you book the above rates whether it will be honored or not (the result Fairmont charging you full retail because you can't produce proof that you are entitled to that rate..i.e. CAA/AAA rate you are required to produce the membership card)..

The key is eliminating 100% of the risk when you arrive at a Fairmont to know that you're going to have a most excellent stay and experience.. nowadays Fairmont requires that you are friends and/or family of an actual Fairmont Employee to receive a Friends and Family Rate. That is why manual NFAF is setup here.. so that you are friends with an employee, and that you know 100% you are going to have an excellent, worry free and enjoyable stay.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sweets61250

Take this info from someone who has been critical of the Facebook "concept" at times (I won´t start discussing the pros/cons of the Facebook site, you can look up various posts I´ve made in the past if you like or contact me directly):

1. The NFFR rate is only valid for a small select group of customers, the discounts are much greater than with CAA/AAA etc.
2. Fairmont is aware of this "leak" and is "dealing with it" and has recently sent out an e-mail to its employees addressing this issue
3. IMO the chances of a booking made with the NFFR code not being honored are much higher than with, say, AAA/CAA
4. Regardless of whether one is favour of the Facebook concept advertised by Ancien Maestro, I think it´s not appropiate to call him a "tale tattler"

Basically it´s up to you what rates you qualify for and which rates you decide to book.

Cheers.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Tweeted yesterday by @fairmonthotels: "Our Black Friday special offer goes live at 9:30 a.m. EST tomorrow. I'll post a link with details in the a.m."

Wonder what it'll be.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
From Facebook: "We had some technical difficulty earlier, but our Black Friday deal is up and running! To apologize for the problem, we have increased our offer to 100 discounted cards: Now, our first 100 fans to enter promo code BFGIFT50 will receive $50 off any gift card purchase of $200 or more, plus free shipping (in US and Canada). We now have 100 discounted cards to sell our guests, so let’s try this again!"

Booooooooooooo, there is no way of applying the code, knowing if the promo has reached 100, without submitting payment.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

FPCs experienced some success.. Others none.. I bet ya that a few FPCers bought the truck load, so a bit SOL if not early..
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I take it there's no way to get something special for the Singapore Fairmont for this Monday (November 29), staying for 5 nights?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by aster
I take it there's no way to get something special for the Singapore Fairmont for this Monday (November 29), staying for 5 nights?
Very unlikely, as the hotel seems to be nearly sold out. (all room categories are unavailable for BAR except for 2 suite types)
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Hi Ancien Maestro,
looking for stay at Royal York Fairmont Toronto in the next two weeks. Can I send you PM for getting on the face book for NFFR rate.
Thanks
karl
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

aster.. I send you a PM for connection to Manual NFAF "New Friends and Family" for future stays

karlkkm.. I think you mean Manual NFAF "New Friends and Family".. I've sent you a Private Message.. You're new to FT.. so we'll go light on you for the confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.