Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:00 am

Just stayed at the Radisson Blu in Rome for 2 nights, no questions asked, breakfast included.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Read the conditions for using this rate and you'll have your answer....
Frankly, if you were using this rate w/o having the required "friend" and staying at a hotel that I had a finacial interest in I'd not only charge you rack rate but report it to the local cops for prosecution for fraud......as thats exactly what those of you who are using this rate improperly are committing....
Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of "friend" here?
Does Facebook friend qualify? How about Twitter followers? G+?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
It's up to Carlson Rezidor, not me, to define what they consider a legitimate "friend" but it certainly is not anyone who grabs a stack of Front Office Manager business cards to use later if challenged as to who their "supposed" friend is........

Originally Posted by sky417
Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of "friend" here?
Does Facebook friend qualify? How about Twitter followers? G+?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:06 am
Suspended

based upon your opinion then, if I use the IBM or ATT corp code, which is equally publically available on the Internet, and "pretend" I work for this company in order to use their corporate rate this situation is likewise not fraudulent!!!!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

Originally Posted by Mora
The ever returning fraud argument is my problem. If Carlson doesn't want the rate to get used they should not publish on the internet or phrase their T&C's right. In the times of facebook technically everybody who likes Carlson on there is considered their "friend" and therefore you telling users on here that they are fraudulently using the rate is ridiculous.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
It's up to Carlson Rezidor, not me, to define what they consider a legitimate "friend" but it certainly is not anyone who grabs a stack of Front Office Manager business cards to use later if challenged as to who their "supposed" friend is........
hello: could you spare some of your invaluable wisdom and give some of your stellar advice on whether having a one-off...hm...'after-party experience' with a doorman employed by Radisson makes the said doorman a 'friend'?
Or should it be at least two full sit-down-dinner dates with a reservations manager as a minimum? I will re-evaluate my 'friendships' on the basis of your advice. You will be my moral and life compass from now on!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:06 am
Suspended

no thanks.....you can find out the hard way cause its not you deciding if these examples are your friends but there decision as to whether they are friends with you (if the hotel checks out your so-called "friend").......

Originally Posted by ozon78
hello: could you spare some of your invaluable wisdom and give some of your stellar advice on whether having a one-off...hm...'after-party experience' with a doorman employed by Radisson makes the said doorman a 'friend'?
Or should it be at least two full sit-down-dinner dates with a reservations manager as a minimum? I will re-evaluate my 'friendships' on the basis of your advice. You will be my moral and life compass from now on!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Some hotel clerks get the F&F rate mixed up with the staff rate which works differently....
Game, set, match.

It really is down to this.

Next.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And - as noted way above here - next stay - pick up the business cards on the front desk to obviate even this - and don't give it another fret.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
based upon your opinion then, if I use the IBM or ATT corp code, which is equally publically available on the Internet, and "pretend" I work for this company in order to use their corporate rate this situation is likewise not fraudulent!!!!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud
why are you so obsessed by a fraud prosecution?!

T&C are very clear: family AND friends,so since the friendship can also be considered as an abstract definition, i can consider myself as friend of a Rezidor employee, even if he doesn't consider me as I've a real rezidor friend, so not my case!).

I can agree with you that there's a mis-using on how to book this rate, since it should be booked in another way, but all criteria are quite respected.
At least until proven otherwise.
So if you consider this as a fraud, i would say you're a little bit exagerating.
And legally speaking, pls consider that accuse someone of fraud, could be considered enough to sue you to the court (this is not the case obv.).

This just because you're invoking some legal concepts...
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:21 am
Suspended

that's right, family and FRIENDS OF THE EMPLOYEE, not the reverse as you propose........

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
why are you so obsessed by a fraud prosecution?!

T&C are very clear: family AND friends,so since the friendship can also be considered as an abstract definition, i can consider myself as friend of a Rezidor employee, even if he doesn't consider me as I've a real rezidor friend, so not my case!).

I can agree with you that there's a mis-using on how to book this rate, since it should be booked in another way, but all criteria are quite respected.
At least until proven otherwise.
So if you consider this as a fraud, i would say you're a little bit exagerating.
And legally speaking, pls consider that accuse someone of fraud, could be considered enough to sue you to the court (this is not the case obv.).

This just because you're invoking some legal concepts...
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
that's right, family and FRIENDS OF THE EMPLOYEE, not the reverse as you propose........
assuming Mr. Jack is a Rez. employee, and I'm his friend (doesn't care how strong our friendship is), where's the problem?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:11 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Hey all,

Let's keep the topic on focus and about the Carlson Family & Friends program.

There are many threads on Flyertalk that discuss the ethics of using corporate codes if you wish to delve deeper into that topic.

Thanks!

MileageAddict
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:03 pm
Suspended

to further clarify this matter which IMO is purrrrrrfectly clear, it is the Rez employees family and the Rez employees friends........ not your family or your friends.......

assuming Mr. Jack is a Rez. employee, and I'm his friend (doesn't care how strong our friendship is), where's the problem?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:15 am

to further clarify this matter which IMO is purrrrrrfectly clear, it is the Rez employees family and the Rez employees friends........ not your family or your friends.......
Last post, just for clarify and make it purrrrrrrfectly clear......
I've a real Rez. friend
and
the problem is that Rez. created a T&C too much "tolerant" about the concept of friendship.
Well, if you have a "friend" or someone who you're going to consider as it, you're entitled to use this rate, even if i admit that the booking process should be different than the one used nowadays.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:27 pm
Suspended

congrads..............you have "a" friend, but you avoid the real question posted of whether your friend considers you his friend!!!!!!!!!

Last post, just for clarify and make it purrrrrrrfectly clear......
I've a real Rez. friend
and
the problem is that Rez. created a T&C too much "tolerant" about the concept of friendship.
Well, if you have a "friend" or someone who you're going to consider as it, you're entitled to use this rate, even if i admit that the booking process should be different than the one used nowadays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.