Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by flipper118
radisson USC in LA is great, booked one night and they let me continue my stay at the same rate for another 5 nights. great staff
^^^

i can't say the same for Radisson Royal DXB..
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:42 am

Just stayed for 3 nights in 2 rooms at Radisson Harbourfront in Toronto. No question asked whatsoever. The (extremely helpful) front desk staff actually assumed that I was working for Carlson after I apologised for requesting 3 times to move rooms (the area is a huge building site which can be very noisy) whilst paying a heavily discounted rate.
No upgrade/freebies (no sure whether wifi is usually free or not) but very nice rooms as far away as possible from the main street where the building work is taking place.
Only (minor) drawback: was told by Concierge it would take maximum an hour to reach Pearson airport in rush hour which is about 1/2 the time actually needed. We nearly missed our flight as a result.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:20 pm

Travel Time

Only (minor) drawback: was told by Concierge it would take maximum an hour to reach Pearson airport in rush hour which is about 1/2 the time actually needed. We nearly missed our flight as a result.[/QUOTE]

Wow - it is only 26km / 15 miles to the airport so I would have maxed out at an hour maximum estimate too as you can do it with no traffic in just over 20 minutes. Must have had an accident. This hotel needs some work (which they are doing) and the construction in the area makes it a real mess. As a tip, if you can fly from the Island Airport instead of YYZ it is only 5 (max. 10 minutes) away.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Two Moscow Rads

Stayed in the Radisson Slavyanskaya and the Radisson Blu Belorusskaya, one night each. Both wonderful properties, the Belorusskaya even upgraded me to a business room on request while the Slavyanskaya gave a standard room with a stunning river view. No question asked about my Carlson affiliations.

Last edited by georgebaz; Nov 4, 2013 at 9:00 am Reason: Grammar and clarity
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:46 pm

For those who booked multiple rooms, can you book them under one name only or did you do separate booking?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:50 am

F&F London rates...

Most London hotels only showing Sunday night availability. Has anyone ever booked a F&F rate then booked for a previous nights stay at the normal rate? This would still be a lot cheaper if the two dates can be "married" together.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by bill49mpr
Most London hotels only showing Sunday night availability. Has anyone ever booked a F&F rate then booked for a previous nights stay at the normal rate? This would still be a lot cheaper if the two dates can be "married" together.
in PAR and LON is quite difficult to find availability for the F&F rate.
Rarely I've seen nights availability in LON (except of Sunday night I mean).
Sometimes it's easier to find availab. with other rates: 241 and 342.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by lavedder
For those who booked multiple rooms, can you book them under one name only or did you do separate booking?
Booked 2 rooms in 1 transaction. Specify in the search engine that you are looking for 2 rooms. You will be asked for both lead names at the confirmation stage then receive 2 emails (one for each room).
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Have anybody used the F&F rate at Country Inn & Suites Long Island City New York? I've been looking at maybe booking that hotel for a future trip, but slightly unsure whether they would ask any questions or not.

An old colleague of mine used to work at two of the Radisson Blu hotels in Stockholm. Would it perhaps work to just give them his name, etc?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by LH4116
An old colleague of mine used to work at two of the Radisson Blu hotels in Stockholm. Would it perhaps work to just give them his name, etc?
I've had to provide name and email address, but it seems they just enter it somewhere (as opposed to validating it). YMMV
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Another recent stay at one of the Radisson Blu hotels in Copenhagen.

At check-in I was asked who booked the room for me. Upon providing name and details, I was told that my friend should have used her own email-address (rather than mine) in booking and next time it would not be accepted. My reply: OK.

I was also told that they may call my room later on if they needed verification from my friend that she booked the room. My reply: OK.
No call.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by LH4116
Have anybody used the F&F rate at Country Inn & Suites Long Island City New York? I've been looking at maybe booking that hotel for a future trip, but slightly unsure whether they would ask any questions or not.

Depends, sometimes they look for the person in the database and call them in front of you just to be sure(Radisson Blu Nantes, June). couldn't be bothered so used the travel agent rate instead
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Another recent stay at one of the Radisson Blu hotels in Copenhagen.

At check-in I was asked who booked the room for me. Upon providing name and details, I was told that my friend should have used her own email-address (rather than mine) in booking and next time it would not be accepted. My reply: OK.

I was also told that they may call my room later on if they needed verification from my friend that she booked the room. My reply: OK.
No call.
They either didn't know the rate rules or were playing a game with you to see your reaction. I suspect a bit of both goes on.

It reminds of the time I checked into the LHR Novotel with my wife. When asked by the young Australian gap year type female desk agent how I would be paying I replied by transferred Accor points vouchers. I handed a pile over - she went through them asked me why they weren't in my name then rather loudly accused me of fraud.
I replied telling her she obviously didn't know the voucher t&c's and after a chat with a colleague she backed down and gave us our room. An email to the hotel management advising them of what had happened followed and we were suitably compensated and assured the staff member in question would be retrained.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: Alaska mvp G, AA Exec Plat, Marriott/SPG platinum, United Silver, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond
these rates dont seem much cheaper than expedia rates... am i missing somthing?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zerodegre
these rates dont seem much cheaper than expedia rates... am i missing somthing?
Hmm I have found that these rates are usually quite a bit cheaper, but even when they're fairly close the F&F rates are worth it because they include breakfast and are flexible/cancellable vs. expedia rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.