Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

2.5 hours enough for transit through HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

I've read through the HKG airport threads, and I'm pretty sure that 2.5 is enough to transit through the airport but wanted to just confirm with those who are more experienced.

We are flying in on SQ F at 6:35 AM and flying out on CX F at 9:10 AM. We will be checking in a couple of bags, so we'll need to clear customers, retrieve our bags, check-in & clear customer again to catch our CX F flight. Is 2.5 hours enough to clear customs, retrieve our bag & check in again? We are flying F in both SQ & CX flights. I'm also hoping that our transit will be expedited since we're flying F?

Last edited by Cynnamin; Apr 13, 2009 at 4:03 pm
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
There's no reason why SQ won't check your bags all the way through. At HKG, you just follow the transfer sign to the transfer desk and go through security. No need to go through HK immigration or claim bags.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
There's no reason why SQ won't check your bags all the way through. At HKG, you just follow the transfer sign to the transfer desk and go through security. No need to go through HK immigration or claim bags.

I wasn't sure if SQ would or could check them all the way to NRT since our SQ & CX tickets are two separate tickets. SQ is part of our RTW tickets and CX is a separate ticket from HKG to NRT.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Yes, they will. The two have interline baggage agreement. Doesn't matter if you're on separate tickets. Just tell and show SQ's agent when checking-in your CX itinerary. They can confirm it and tag it to NRT.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Yes, they will. The two have interline baggage agreement. Doesn't matter if you're on separate tickets. Just tell and show SQ's agent when checking-in your CX itinerary. They can confirm it and tag it to NRT.

Thank you very much. This info was exactly what I was looking for. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.