Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

HK Arrivals

Arriving in on QF97 from Brisbane 1745. Have friends arriving same day CX549 from Narita 1945. Is it possible to move between gates and meet up before arrivals/immmigration.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
You can move between gates, but there is nothing around the gates, just a couple of seats. There really isn't a lot to do in the arrivals hall, before immigration, either. With two hours difference it would be much more convenient to go through immigration and go look at the shops and go to one of the many restaurants. There are some nice restaurants in the level above the Check-in area. Personally, I after a 8hr flight, I would meet at the hotel.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:20 pm

Two hrs isn't too much time to sit around and wait, but yea, there's not much in arrivals, most of the shops are in departures. I don't know where you will stay but I'd follow the advice above and go check in and take a nap or something. It's boring at the airport.

You could always go to the arrivals lounge and take a shower, surf the net or whatever. Or grab a bite to eat at Burger King, Aji Ichiban, etc. Or if you're so inclined, there's outlets at Citygate which is abt $30 HKD cab ride away, or a few $ by bus. Go walk around and look at the stores, you can keep your luggage in HKIA and come back and meet your friend.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Noodlesz
Citygate which is abt $30 HKD cab ride away, or a few $ by bus.
HK$2.50 by bus (S1) that will drop you off in the busterminal right under the Citygate. Buses run frequently during the day (one every 10 minutes or so).
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
There are more shops and eateries at Terminal 2, a short walk over from arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.