Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plaza Premium Lounge(s) at HK Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:08 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by theclubsq
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-1/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

please be aware that there are TWO arrivals lounges at HKG, one provided by Cathy Pacific, the other by Plaza Premium.

For CX's one there is enough coverage on this forum, so I will save it.

For PP's arrivals, CX Amex Elite can check one person in, I think the same as Amex Plat. No guest is allowed for free. Also, the lounge has no cooked food or alcohol license yet, so no buffet or bar atm... I would not go there unless I am stuck at HKIA...

Sorry but are you sure about the no cooked food/alcohol? I was there in December and there was definitely both.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: CX GR, SPG/MR GE, Ritz Plat, Hilton S
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Sorry but are you sure about the no cooked food/alcohol? I was there in December and there was definitely both.
Yes, are you sure you're NOT talking about Cathay's Arrivals lounge?
Old May 3, 2009, 6:48 pm

Arrivals Access

Does anyone know if the Plaza Arrivals lounge takes:

(a) Priority Pass
(b) UK-issued Amex Platinum?

It's not listed specifically on the Priority Pass website (although the airside lounges are), and I am pretty sure the HK Amex Plat is very similar in appearance to the UK version. Any successes with UK or non-HK issued Platinum cards?

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
The Arrivals lounge takes Priority Pass & Not Sure about UK Issued Plat.

But just a caveat, the arrivals lounge sucks.. there's next to no food served, and keep in mind in HK, its only 25 mins to the city from the airport.. unless u cant wait 1/2 an hour to have a shower, i'd skip this arrivals lounge completely, Unless you were in transit.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by chinatown

But just a caveat, the arrivals lounge sucks.. there's next to no food served, and keep in mind in HK, its only 25 mins to the city from the airport.. unless u cant wait 1/2 an hour to have a shower, i'd skip this arrivals lounge completely, Unless you were in transit.
Thanks for the advice!
Old May 17, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton

An alternative "just to get a shower" is the sort of spa at the Airport Regal hotel. Plus points there are the outdoor pool and sauna.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:42 am

About

Priority Pass (PP): You can use in Airside T1, gate 15,40 and 35. But not in Arrival T2 i.e. Landside.

AMEX HK issued: CX (the green) need coupon per entry. CX Elite (Greyish/Black) free for card holder but guest will be charged. Platinum/Centurian (Charge Card) can bring 1 guest FOC.

AMEX Canadian issued has got promotion too but T&C applies.

Amex issued in other areas has no promotion until this date. However, u can pay by it to use service (U know it well).

F&B:
Arrival T2 - The packages that you paid for already includes soft drinks, salad bar, sandwiches & daily soup it's self service PLUS A La Carte main menu item (If u r not served ask for it).
Airside T1 - Includes all but no A La Carte menu coz. buffet counter is setup for this.

More info can be found in: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...g_Kong_airport

http://www.plaza-ppl.com/hk_en/
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: QF SG

Can anyone confirm if PP still works (or AMEX Plat) in this lounge. I have a long transit at HKG and I'd like to have a shower before heading into town.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:23 pm

I got the following email reply:

Priority Pass cardholders are only entitled for the lounge use at The Travelers’ Lounge West and East Hall. Please kindly note that as per our contract terms, Plaza Premium Lounge at the Arrival Hall will not accept Priority Pass.

Whereas for guests who is holding an American Express credit card (Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Canada Issued), cardholder is entitled for 2 hrs of lounge use at The Travelers’ Lounge West & East Hall and The Plaza Premium Lounge Arrival Hall.

As we are only a service provider, for card entitlements and charges, guests will have to refer to the card issuing company.

I have attached our service price list and a map to show our location at the Hong Kong International Airport. Should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Whats the score with the booze in the PP lounges in HK?

We have a TK flight in September and the HKIA website suggests TK pax will get an invite to the PP West lounge.

When I tried a PP lounge in SIN some 6 years ago there was no booze available there, and the food was quite poor.

Looking at other Star lounges, the UA, SQ and TG are said to close at 2130. Is that right? I know LH directs their pax to the UA lounge, but their Munich flight leaves after 11pm, surely they're not thrown out?

Last edited by Boddingtons; Mar 28, 2011 at 6:21 pm
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Whats the score with the booze in the PP lounges in HK?

We have a TK flight in September and the HKIA website suggests TK pax will get an invite to the PP West lounge.

When I tried a PP lounge in SIN some 6 years ago there was no booze available there, and the food was quite poor.

Looking at other Star lounges, the UA, SQ and TG are said to close at 2130. Is that right? I know LH directs their pax to the UA lounge, but their Munich flight leaves after 11pm, surely they're not thrown out?
They have some basic alcohol (definitely beer, probably wine). In the large lounge (East?) they have a bar where you can pay for other drinks (e.g. spirits). The big lounge (near gate 4) is heaps better than the other lounge. They're open 24 hours but your visit is only supposed to be 2 hours and no swapping b/n lounges.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I think there's a sign saying free alcohol for airline invited guest.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Can someone tell me what is offered in the PP lounges? I see on the website that you can buy packages, however I will be using a Diners card for entry. I would like to be in the lounge from 6:45 am-8:45 am for a DL flight that leaves at 9am. Since I am not buying services what else is offered when I use a card for entry. Just food, drink, internet, seating? or something else?

Is there breakfast? Is there a start/end time? Diners is LESS than helpful when I ask them questions. Maybe I will have better luck on here

I was in the SC in NRT a few years ago before my afternoon flight and it was AMAZING!

Is there a better option where I can pay to have more comfortable lounge stay or with free card access is the pp lounge pretty good?

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by <3vacations
Can someone tell me what is offered in the PP lounges? I see on the website that you can buy packages, however I will be using a Diners card for entry. I would like to be in the lounge from 6:45 am-8:45 am for a DL flight that leaves at 9am. Since I am not buying services what else is offered when I use a card for entry. Just food, drink, internet, seating? or something else?

Is there breakfast? Is there a start/end time? Diners is LESS than helpful when I ask them questions. Maybe I will have better luck on here

I was in the SC in NRT a few years ago before my afternoon flight and it was AMAZING!

Is there a better option where I can pay to have more comfortable lounge stay or with free card access is the pp lounge pretty good?

Thanks!
The breakfast as I remember starts from 6am, free drinks and food, salad bar, seating etc are open to all as self service. Limited beer selection. Think of a reduced selection Business Class Lounge.

Plaza Premium Lounge at Gate 1 is your best choice, however it can become crowded pretty easy. The one near Gate 35 as a backup if your flight is departing at Gate 40+
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Thank you! I think I will be in the middle of both of them and my Flight leaves at 0930 so I plan on going in around 0715 hopefully its decent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.