Search

flight hkg-pek

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
flight hkg-pek

Am looking for budget, but safe flights from HKG to PEK on Feb 22
Never been in that area before. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
CX/KA do a bunch of flights throughout the day, though they are hardly budget. Might have some good promotions now and the holiday packages are often look to be decently priced.

For flight only price, CZ usually takes the cake. Though if you're really on a budget, taking the East Rail (I think) to Lo Wu and then a bus to SZX or a Ferry to SZX (can one check into SZX at Elements/Kowloon station?) will be your best bet as flights from SZX to PEK are usually significantly cheaper.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jamoldo
CX/KA do a bunch of flights throughout the day, though they are hardly budget. Might have some good promotions now and the holiday packages are often look to be decently priced.

For flight only price, CZ usually takes the cake. Though if you're really on a budget, taking the East Rail (I think) to Lo Wu and then a bus to SZX or a Ferry to SZX (can one check into SZX at Elements/Kowloon station?) will be your best bet as flights from SZX to PEK are usually significantly cheaper.
I tried that and strangely for that day the flights from SZX are more expensive
I can get a flight from HKG on CZ China Southern airlines through asiatravel.com for $190 all in. This is the cheapest that I found. Are they reliable and close to on time?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
In my limited experience I've had no problems on that leg thus far.

As for SZX, on I've tried on both elong.net and ctrip.com, and (this is assuming 1-way on 22 Feb) have gotten results ranging from 530 RMB-790 RMB, though $190 out of HKG all in sounds ok.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jamoldo
In my limited experience I've had no problems on that leg thus far.

As for SZX, on I've tried on both elong.net and ctrip.com, and (this is assuming 1-way on 22 Feb) have gotten results ranging from 530 RMB-790 RMB, though $190 out of HKG all in sounds ok.
Thanks for tip of elong.net
They have flights at the time that I want for Y 750 all in which is about $110
I'll check which is easier and cheaper to get to (HKG or SZX) from my location

Ctrip.com is not giving any info
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by badatz
Thanks for tip of elong.net
They have flights at the time that I want for Y 750 all in which is about $110
I'll check which is easier and cheaper to get to (HKG or SZX) from my location

Ctrip.com is not giving any info
http://english.ctrip.com/ is quoting RMB 700

You don't say if you are staying in HK or are just transferring through the airport. If it is the airport, there is already a long thread on how best to get from HKG to SZX, a quick search will do it. The cost is between HK$180 - 250 depending on the service so this will eat into your saving

If you are thinking of going to SZX from some other area of HK, I am not sure the best way ........paging rkkwan!!

nickyboy
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Take a bus from Hong Kong to SZX, don't take the train.

There are two services that use the Shenzhen Bay crossing. ChinaLink departs from the Elements Mall above the Kowloon AE/MTR station. Trans-Island from Kowloon Tong MTR (some with stops at Prince Edward). Both every 30 minutes. HK$100. Takes about 90 minutes.

http://www.chinalink.hk/co_service_routes16.html (Chinese only - but you get the schedule. Their waiting room is across from Starbucks inside Elements)

http://www.trans-island.com.hk/eng/china-line_szj.htm (You don't want to take those via Huanggang. Pick the ones through Shenzhen Bay only)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.