Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG hotel for roughly $200 per night?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:46 am
Original Poster

HKG hotel for roughly $200 per night?

I am looking for 2 rooms, one sleeping 2 and the other room a single. I am looking to spend about $200 per room per night from the 2nd-8th of Jan.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

200 US dollars or 200 HKG dollars?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

USD of course. Could you even find a shoe box for 200 HKD?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:36 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by 747-444
Sure. Then whip down to The Delhi Club in C Block for dinner.

For USD$ look at Asiatravel.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have stayed at the Ibis for just over 300 HKD, so I suppose you should be able to find something for 200. Not going to be any good, tho!

For US$200, I really like both the look and location of the Novotel Century (a prepaid rate of HK$1800 gets you an executive room with internet), but I've never stayed there as, whenever I go to HKG, I'm always overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options available and end up staying in somewhat cheaper places than I normally would (e.g. last time I stayed at the Cosmo for around 80 Euros per night, which incidentally wasn't bad value for money).

The Metroparks seem to have been getting good reviews here, too.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:44 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I am looking for 2 rooms, one sleeping 2 and the other room a single. I am looking to spend about $200 per room per night from the 2nd-8th of Jan.
Have you been there before? Do you care whether you stay HK side or Kowloon side?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
There are quite a few choices for about US$200 a room.

From Expedia, the best hotel right at that budget is the Langham Place - a luxury hotel in Mongkok, though you'll only be getting the smallest room for that price.

Or get the G600 Room at the Rhombus LKF just above Lan Kwai Fong in Central, a highend boutique hotel.

Other solid choices include the Regal Hong Kong, Park Lane or Metropark - all in Causeway Bay - or the Eaton in Jordan (all you can upgrade to a higher level room for $200).

But a more interesting choice is the brand new W in Western Kowloon. Just over $210. Right now, it's not the most convenient, but if you want to stay at a brand new W for not much, here's a good chance.

---

Over at Asiahotels.com, another choice in the Causeway Bay area is the Lanson Place, just under $200 average.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by rkkwan
There are quite a few choices for about US$200 a room.

From Expedia, the best hotel right at that budget is the Langham Place - a luxury hotel in Mongkok, though you'll only be getting the smallest room for that price.
But a more interesting choice is the brand new W in Western Kowloon. Just over $210. Right now, it's not the most convenient, but if you want to stay at a brand new W for not much, here's a good chance.
I would choose Langham place rather than W. Both of them are 4 stars hotels, while Langham place is on the small side, don't know how does it compare with the cheapest room in W though. Langham place is right in the heart on Mongkok, especially if you interested in the local scene, with the famous night market not too far away, also next to the MTR MongKok station. W is at nowhere, there is nothing near or right by the hotel, you have to take a cab or MTR somewhere.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: UA
There is a place I stay at when visiting Hong Kong, and it is only a little less than $200 USD total if you stay a month.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:41 am
Suspended

2 weeks ago, I spent less than $90 US per night for the Metropark in Wanchai, booked through Agoda. I was only there one night, though. I felt that the room was pretty small and the facilities pretty limited for a week long stay - but for 1 night, it was fine.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: MPC
Originally Posted by rjh
Sure. Then whip down to The Delhi Club in C Block for dinner.

For USD$ look at Asiatravel.
That's a hell hole. But the 3rd floor Block C, Delhi Club has expanded into the adjacent units, without expanding their kitchen. How about an hour's wait for you chicken tikkas? Shame, it was such a good place before.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:57 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Hm need to try Delhi Club. I've done Lahore mess, which was fantastic one time and so-so the other. Khyber Pass is pretty consistent though and I'm a fan.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:49 am

When I visit HKG, I always stay at the Metropark Causeway Bay. It is located in a predominantly residential neighbourhood (in the eastern fringe of Causeway Bay) but has excellent access to public transportation - 7~9 mins. to Tin Hau MTR (platform) and an A11 Airbus stop to the airport is almost directly outside the hotel's main entrance. Bus and tram stops are all within 5~7 minutes' leisurely pace walking distance.

This hotel offers special rate for stays of 7 consecutive nights or more. I recommend the Parlour Room.

Hotel web site: http://www.metroparkhotel.com/en/pro_rooms.php

(I do not recommend the standard room which has no view. Get the Harbourview if you are not booking the Parlour.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.