Wiki Posts
Search

Is the (HK island) Ramada any good?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is the (HK island) Ramada any good?

I need to stay somewhere for one night in Jan, and their rates are pretty good (almost too good for a 4*)- (HK)$720 for a double or $1120 for a suite. By comparison, the Novotels start at about $1100 (for a standard rm).
Tripadvisor reviews seem to be rather positive. Shall I go for it, or is there anything I need to be aware of? Travelling solo and only staying a night, would you pay the extra $400 for a suite?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum
pretty sure that's where I stayed on two different occasions

First time with Mrs nickyboy was marred by a very musty room that I couldn't change. Other than that it was OK, especially for the price

Second time (a couple of months ago) somehow got a suite for the standard room price without being told, which was a nice surprise. Not sure if it's worth the extra cash though

It isn't a fancy hotel by HK standards but the facilites are OK. If I needed to stay in HK I would probably give it another try...and hope for a non-musty room

The one thing against it is that the price you quote is not the standard one. Certainly when I was there recently I was chatting to a couple of people who were going to check out as the hotel suddenly increased the HKD720 price to north of HKD1000

nickyboy
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nickyboy
The one thing against it is that the price you quote is not the standard one. Certainly when I was there recently I was chatting to a couple of people who were going to check out as the hotel suddenly increased the HKD720 price to north of HKD1000
What!
They'd better not try that with me!!!
Old Dec 9, 2008, 8:41 pm

I've stayed there before. I think its more of a 3*. The room I had was quite dark, but it served its purpose. Its a decent walk from Sheung Wan MTR station though, there should be a Ding Ding line on the street directly infront or behind though.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: MPC
haha decent walk. It's a long walk. Pay your 2 dollars on the tram instead.

It actaully looks quite grim. And you're in quite a grim bit of town. But some nice local stuff nearby. I always grab a meal on the way down from HKU.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by SirJman
I've stayed there before. I think its more of a 3*. The room I had was quite dark, but it served its purpose. Its a decent walk from Sheung Wan MTR station though, there should be a Ding Ding line on the street directly infront or behind though.
Yep - tram runs directly in front of it, making it easy to get to the MTR. We stayed there for a few days while moving to HK a couple years ago and found it to be clean and comfortable, but definitely not 4*.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.