Wiki Posts
Search

Shatin Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Shatin Hotels

I am looking to stay at he regal riverside hotel in shatin as I have some meeting in the area and will be in HK just for one night. I cant seem to find any current reviews on it. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:27 am

I've never stayed there but I have been there two times before for dimsum. It's clean and looks like a decent place to stay for the night. But it's a little out of the ways from the central Sha Tin area and train station. They should have a shuttle bus to the station but it'd be a good idea to check.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:08 pm

Have you tried www.tripadvisor.com?

A little more expensive alternative will be to stay at a hotel near a station along the East Rail line, e.g., The Royal Plaza which is atop the Mong Kok East Station or Kowlooon, Sheraton, Ambassador and the Renaissance Kowloon, which are all very near the East Tsim Sha Tsui Station.

The journey time from MKES to Shatin is about 11~14 minutes and from ETSTS is about 17~20 minutes.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: MPC
you'll be fine, it's just a short walk across the bridge to New Town Plaza and the station. Quite a pleasant walk too.

Shame the rave parties have gone.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by verix
But it's a little out of the ways from the central Sha Tin area and train station. They should have a shuttle bus to the station but it'd be a good idea to check.
The hotel provides a shuttle bus to get to New Town Plaza. Alternatively the OP can also walk there if he doesn't mind taking up approximately 10-15 minutes to get there by foot across the Shing Mun River.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
If you want to walk, and are actually taking the train rather than going to the mall, it's a shorter walk to the Sha Tin Wai station of the Ma On Shan Rail. You'll ride a couple of stops to Tai Wai and then connect to the East Rail to Kowloon.

Walk to the platform at Sha Tin is about 3/4 mile; walk to Sha Tin Wai is about 1/2 mile. You'll have to cross one major street, and I don't know how easy it is.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For malls, there is also the City One Plaza which can be reached by several buses such as 82M, 85A, 89X, etc from the Regal Riverside. You can also walk which is approximately about the same walking time as going to New Town Plaza. And if you want, you can also take a taxi which is less than $23 HKD each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.