Hong Kong removes quarantine (with some caveats), moves to 0+3/7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)

Surprised there isn’t already a thread for this, but Hong Kong has officially removed mandated quarantine for international travel effective September 26, 2022, but with some caveats.

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3193499/coronavirus-hong-kong-set-announce-friday-end

OMAAT lists out the updated restrictions pretty nicely:
  • Travelers will need to be fully vaccinated, and as of November 30, 2022, will need to be boosted as well
  • A rapid antigen or PCR test will be required prior to travel
  • A PCR test will be administered upon arrival, though you won’t need to wait for the result before entering Hong Kong
  • Additional PCR tests will be required on days two, four, and six, in Hong Kong; if you ever test positive, you’ll need to quarantine
  • Once in Hong Kong, travelers will need to undergo three days of medical surveillance, and during that time they can’t visit bars, restaurants, fitness clubs, etc.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/hong-kong-quarantine-free-travel/

Anyone making arrangements yet? I think this is huge for HK residents who want to travel (since the return won’t be a big deal now). For visitors, I think the rounds of PCR testing are still pretty daunting.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Already being discussed under the well-named HK Re-Opening to Non-Residents thread
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by maalloc
Already being discussed under the well-named HK Re-Opening to Non-Residents thread
Hmm, but the city has been reopened to non-residents for months. The quarantine was its own separate topic and thread.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by maalloc
Also here
0+3 Inbound HKG discussion
TravelLawyer likes this.

Last edited by moondog; Sep 28, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:41 pm

Great to know - I grew up there and loved it, so we are planning a trip there in a few months time!
Great places to visit: Repulse Bay for a nice beach, the Star Ferry for a traditional ferry crossing over the harbour, Stanley Market for the bargains, and TaiTam Bay for some water skiing. Of and of cource Wan Chai for general shopping buzz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.