Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrive HKG ➡️High Speed Rail ➡️ Guangzhou ➡️CAN

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Strawb
​​​​​​Sure you can! 😂 This is nothing compared to a few years back. I flew into HKG from London, arriving as usual in the afternoon. I had a connecting flight, approx 3-4hr layover, and popped into the Pier F lounge. They have these wonderful private slumber rooms and I got too comfy, dozed off and missed my flight. The last flight to MNL as well. Of course I had to book a night here in HK as well as buy a new ticket. Plus I lost my accommodation in Manila.

Then there was that time I lost my mobile phone at HKG airport...

On the topic of Mongkok, yes, not the best area but it was cheapest IHG property and I just needed a bed that's all. Nothing fancy.
​​​​​​
There's no need to be loyal to IHG in cities where they don't have desirable properties.

In HK, the Charterhouse is usually, but not always, in the same price range. And, the Brighton is as well, and happens to be on Lockhart.

The Cosmo and Cosmopolitan are also very cheap if you book on ctrip (i.e. they buy lots of rooms in bulk), but I'm not a huge fan of CB.
Strawb likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by garykung
As I have said - setting aside the immigration issue, it is absolutely stupid to choose HSR as your choice of transportation
​​​​​​OK, I get it! Show some 😍???

Thanks Moondog, advice might come handy when I get stuck in HK again. 👍
​​​​​​
Old May 5, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The only IHG hotels that works in HK are the ICs and CP..
​​​​​​
Old May 5, 2019, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by tentseller
​​​​​​
Don't have the cash after losing my airfare and hotel deposit for Vietnam. I'm cheap. Could have splurged on points but I think it's a waste as I'm not here in HK to do anything...except get to my final destination! 😂
Old May 5, 2019, 11:18 am

​​​​​​Sure you can! 😂 This is nothing compared to a few years back. I flew into HKG from London, arriving as usual in the afternoon. I had a connecting flight, approx 3-4hr layover, and popped into the Pier F lounge. They have these wonderful private slumber rooms and I got too comfy, dozed off and missed my flight.​​​​​​
I can empathize!

More than several occasions, I've overslept (can't retire early on any HK evening!) and missed early morning flights from HKG. Now, for early morning can't miss flights, I just stay overnight at the airport, set my alarm, and hope to pay someone to wake me up by 6 or 7 am.
Strawb likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Stuck in Hong Kong. All seats sold out on the HSR to Guangzhou. I have to rethink options. Lost the airfare from CAN and also 1 night accommodation in Phu Quoc. Holy smoley! 😂
yes it was the end of their so called holiday so they are all summoned by their comrades in mass numbers. 4/may and 5/may was well booked out in advance.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:33 pm
Suspended

​​​​​​
there is an indigo
Old May 5, 2019, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Don't have the cash after losing my airfare and hotel deposit for Vietnam. I'm cheap. Could have splurged on points but I think it's a waste as I'm not here in HK to do anything...except get to my final destination! 😂
so you bought a ticket to vietnam fully aware you dont have the transiting visa, not on a through ticket, and transit on a country that you cannot enter visa free....
i dont know if i should say you've seen this coming or you've got a bad choice of itinerary.

i would never transit in china because of the lack of facilities and leaves travelers SOL when there are irrops.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka
there is an indigo
Nice room decor and pool over looking QRE.
Location is not great for tourist.

We did a video shoot there in 18.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I write the screenplay of your adventures for TVB?
Originally Posted by garykung
Who watches TVB anyway?
Like all the TVB serials the is a Next Episode (下集)
> URGENT! Advice needed for connecting flight tonight!

And a Finale (大結局)
URGENT! Advice needed for connecting flight tonight! (2)
kevincrumbs and :D! like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.