Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car hire at Chep Lap Kok

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by miklcct
It is also possible to stay in a guesthouse in rural south Lantau as well. It is a popular holiday destination.
OP already stated he's here for training. He can be nostalgic about the old Lantau days but there's also reality of him attending the training every day while in HK.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
That would be the Heritage Hotel in Tai O in the old police station. But it's about a 1km walk from the nearest vehicle access, so I wouldn't recommend it as a base for commuting!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Chromie25
It would be an understatement to say that Lantau has changed over the last 20 years ago. Before the airport project there was no road leading into the island, no urban development, no MTR, no Disneyland etc.

There's actually an hotel in Tai O (forgot the name but you can google it), which might give you some of the nostalgic feel but not sure how you can/will commute from Tai O to the airport each day (or whether that's worth it).
Tai O has kept it's old Lantau charm due to the difficulty of access even now.

The Heritage Hotel is a bit of a walk into Tai O where transportation is. There are bus and ferry to Tung Chung from Tai O, from Tung Chung is a short bus ride to the airport. Tung Chung is the choice of residence for many skilled airport workers.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: N/A
Super reliable company for airport transfers in Hong Kong, called China Car Service http://www.chinacarservice.com/hong-...port-transfer/
Never had problems with them, on time and professional service.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sunshinekk
Super reliable company for airport transfers in Hong Kong, called China Car Service http://www.chinacarservice.com/hong-...port-transfer/
Never had problems with them, on time and professional service.
What is their service on Lantau like? Do they have the permits for places other than TC?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
And really that's not what the OP is considering!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: N/A
I am not sure, you can ask them directly [email protected] for details. They reply promptly 24-7.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sunshinekk
I am not sure, you can ask them directly [email protected] for details. They reply promptly 24-7.
The discussion on this thread is about Op having daily needs at HKIA Regal for training and his wishes to stay in an environment that was like old Lantau.

I don't need to ask as I am sure that they cannot serve most of Lantau as they do not have the proper access permits.

Not having seen any "rice flags" in HK in an official capacity since the last millennium I am surprised that people from UK are still pretending that they are HK experts.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cargueiro
The training is either in or next to the Regal Hotel.
The Regal at HKIA is part of the terminal building. So any transportation to HKIA would work for you.

Geographically Tai O, Mui Wo plus other old Lantau villages are on the same island getting to and from HKIA to these places will not be a simple process. Discovery Bay and Tung Chung AirBnb are just like living in any HK satellite city. Having grown up spending summers in Mui Wo I can see OP's desire for these charms but needing to be at HKIA daily makes the logistics a nightmare.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by tentseller
The Regal at HKIA is part of the terminal building.
Not exactly. The Regal is a detached building near the terminals.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Not exactly. The Regal is a detached building near the terminals.
given that its right next to the airport carpark that is connected via an elevated walkway, it would be colloquially be part of the building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.