Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

What do you do when you land and depart from HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do when you land and depart from HKG?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
uhhh, get directly on the airport express and go to my hotel?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
they should get departures security and transit security to limit entry to departures airside to 3 hours before flight like in cts
I've never been to CTS. but I can't imagine that intl-intl transit is even 0.01% of what it is at HKG. Separately, what would be the purpose of keeping transit passengers in the arrivals area of the airport, with essentially no services, until 3 hours prior to departure of their connecting flights? That makes no sense. To the extent a lounge has a crowding problem, they can address it individually with admission policies like the Amex lounge does. Plus, keeping people in the arrivals area would necessitate adding services for them - why not just expand in the departures area and have those services available to all?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Steve M
I've never been to CTS. but I can't imagine that intl-intl transit is even 0.01% of what it is at HKG. Separately, what would be the purpose of keeping transit passengers in the arrivals area of the airport, with essentially no services, until 3 hours prior to departure of their connecting flights? That makes no sense. To the extent a lounge has a crowding problem, they can address it individually with admission policies like the Amex lounge does. Plus, keeping people in the arrivals area would necessitate adding services for them - why not just expand in the departures area and have those services available to all?
nah it would address the overcrowding issues people have at departures airside.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lsquare
My understanding is that I can't visit the Centurion lounge unless I'm departing from HKG. True or not?
True.

The last couple of times I left HK, I went to the Centurion Lounge due to the great reviews and I think it lived up to the reviews that I read. I had a great experience and the food was good.
It sounds like you did not read the reviews at FT.

Does anyone here know if there is now a time limit enforced at the Centurion Lounge? Last time I was there for about 4 hours and I was able to eat breakfast and lunch before I left.
Let me put it this way - time limit is a hard policy, soft enforcement.

If (any) lounge is empty and open, I don't see why the lounge dragon does not allow you to stay. If the lounge is full, with or without time limit, you will be refused entry.

Also - keep in mind, not all airlines at HKG has the check-in counters opened for the whole day. So your access time depends on when and how you can check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.