Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Cheapish hotel which is easy to commute to Chep Lap Kok from?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat

I haven't been to Hong Kong for over 20 years but will be visiting soon. I will spend 7 days actually working at Chep Lap Kok airport but will also be there over a weekend so will have two days off for touristy things in the middle of my stay.

I generally like Hiltons as I have status but my employer will likely not stump up for Conrad! Otherwise I tend to use IHG. But I don't need to necessarily stay at a chain.

What hotels under $200 a night would you recommend that are easy to commute to airport, have good local restaurants nearby, and have easy access to MTR for at weekend?
​​​​​​
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Novotel Citygate at Tung Chung? May depend on your dates for the price.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Rosedale Kowloon.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
panda hotel, royal view hotel.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cargueiro
I haven't been to Hong Kong for over 20 years but will be visiting soon. I will spend 7 days actually working at Chep Lap Kok airport but will also be there over a weekend so will have two days off for touristy things in the middle of my stay.

I generally like Hiltons as I have status but my employer will likely not stump up for Conrad! Otherwise I tend to use IHG. But I don't need to necessarily stay at a chain.

What hotels under $200 a night would you recommend that are easy to commute to airport, have good local restaurants nearby, and have easy access to MTR for at weekend?
​​​​​​
If your work at the airport is for the CX / KA group you may be able to get access via them to the CX group hotel (the Headland Hotel) which is on the airport site and on the bus routes and an easy hop into the Tung Chung metro.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I'm not sure about cheap but the nearest hotels are the Regal Airport 2 mins walk and Novotel Tung Chung (as mentioned by Christep) is a 5 mins bus ride away.
The Royal View is in Tsing Yi but is at least a 10-15 mins bus or taxi journey from Tsing Yi MTR station, I believe they have a free shuttle bus going to/from the hotel to Tsing Yi MTR station and Tsim Sha Tsui.
The Rosedale Kowloon is in Tai Kok Tsui, the nearest MTR station is Olympic which is a 10-15 mins walk away, but they have a free hotel shuttle bus going to Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui
The Panda is in Tsuen Wan which for me the rooms are a bit run down.
You have to weigh the cost of the hotel against travelling time to and from the airport, options are the Taxi, MTR Airport Express or Bus.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:55 am

I've stayed at Novotel Citygate 5 - 7 times in the past couple years. I've always had a fine room and been well treated. The hotel is attached to the Citygate Outlet Mall with food options and direct access to the MTR giving very easy access to HKI and Kowloon. Hotel shuttle to and from the airport runs 3 times per hour and has always been very prompt in my experience. Several restaurants in the hotel vicinity although I haven't tried any myself.

As suggested above, the price of the room has been from cheap to quite reasonable to somewhat over-priced depending on my travel dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.