Wiki Posts
Search

More Newbie Questions Please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United, Hilton, IHG, Carlson, Hyatt, SPG
Angry More Newbie Questions Please

Hi, I have posted before but I feel I will always be a newbie with my questions and I have a couple.

Edited since I received my answer from AA and no longer flying RJ

Question: I have a First class award EWR-DFW-HKG-BK - the HKG BKK leg in now on CX in business. Which lounge will I be able to use - First or Business? Also, I understand you can't use Admiral's lounge in EWR even in First (no status) but since I am flying international will they allow us to use it?

Also, unrelated but a question that is stumping me after hours of looking online. I know when I transit in HKG I will have to go through security. I will have one ecig with me (trying to quit) will that be permitted or will I be in trouble for having it since it's illegal in HKG. I have read that you could vape in the smoking lounge in HKG and I've also read that you can be fined for taking it through? CX website says you can, others say you can't and I am so confused.
I am not taking additonal batteries or extra liquid or charger because as I mentioned I want to quit. Would it be the wise thing to just quit in HKG? It's like my security blanket since I was addicted to smoking for so many years.
Sorry for all the questions but I know there are very kind people in here with tons of knowledge. Appreciate any advise
Mystic

Last edited by Mystic92; Feb 1, 2019 at 10:58 am Reason: another question
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Anyone? I edited the post as I was able to get on CX from HKG-BKK but mainly interested in the lounge questions.

Many thanks
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Let me move this to our Hong Kong and Macau forum -- you're likely to get more responses there.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much - appreciate the help. Didn't even know there was a Hong Kong forum
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
In transit at HKG you will be able to use the CX F lounges simply by showing your same-day inbound F boarding pass. You won't pass through customs so I doubt that you'll have any issues with the ecig. The worst that could happen is that it will get confiscated with no further repercussions.

Last edited by christep; Feb 3, 2019 at 1:36 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Can someone please delete this post. I don't know how to delete it.

Thank you very much
Mystic
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mystic92
Can someone please delete this post. I don't know how to delete it.

Thank you very much
Mystic
I hope it's not deleted as the information might be helpful to someone else.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:07 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
AA allows AC access on qualifying international F flights. At a minimum you should have AC access at DFW as you are departing on international F. Don't know if EWR will give you AC access (I've had status based access for too many years so no personal experience). Unfortunately the AA lounge in the D terminal at DFW is closed for renovation (most international flights leave from D).

On the e-cig in transit at HKG, no problem, it is allowed. What is not allowed is bringing it through customs into Hong Kong. Use the CX Wing F lounge, be sure to try a cabana as well as eat in the dining room (will be better than the J meal to BKK).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.