Wiki Posts
Search

Airport to TST transport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Airport to TST transport

Hi,

We're a family of 4 (2AD 2CH) with 3 large suitcases. We're staying in TST and would appreciate any advice on transport from the airport. I think the HK taxi's can't fit all our luggage, so we're considering Uber 7 seater, bus or airport express. Is Uber illegal (I can't find a clear answer on this) and what other alternatives are there?

Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by whitelightning
Hi,

We're a family of 4 (2AD 2CH) with 3 large suitcases. We're staying in TST and would appreciate any advice on transport from the airport. I think the HK taxi's can't fit all our luggage, so we're considering Uber 7 seater, bus or airport express. Is Uber illegal (I can't find a clear answer on this) and what other alternatives are there?

Thanks.
Taxi: they use tie-down and bungee cord to secure the cover of the boot, 3 full size suitcase is not a problem.

Uber is operating but not legal, XL will get you a minivan.

There are buses to TST.

One can take AEx to Kowloon station and take shuttle bus or taxi to your hotel.

We can give better assistance if you let us know where exactly in TST are you staying and the day, times of your arrival.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
uber is "not exactly legal" but so far has nothing to do with passengers (the police only managed to nail uber on having no 3rd party insurance, which uber already did, in a massive pr stunt, with aia.
so now the police is hunting uber down for sth else but thats nothing to do with passengers
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks tentseller. Quite likely to be InterContinental Grand Stanford in June.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whitelightning
Thanks tentseller. Quite likely to be InterContinental Grand Stanford in June.
If you feel comfortable with the trunk lid strap down I would just taxi from airport to IC GS, or use Uber XL.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by tentseller
If you feel comfortable with the trunk lid strap down I would just taxi from airport to IC GS, or use Uber XL.
There are several options:

If not familar with HK:
* Taxi all the way
* If IC GS has shuttle service, take it

Otherwise:
* Airport Express + taxi
* Airport Express + free shuttle
* Take A21, get off HK Science Museum, and walk about 400-500m. (not encouraged unless the person is familiar with HK)
* Take the Regal shuttle to Regal TST (not free and I am uncertain if they even offer to non-Regal guests) East and walk 100m.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
There are several options:

If not familar with HK:
* Taxi all the way
* If IC GS has shuttle service, take it

Otherwise:
* Airport Express + taxi
* Airport Express + free shuttle
* Take A21, get off HK Science Museum, and walk about 400-500m. (not encouraged unless the person is familiar with HK)
* Take the Regal shuttle to Regal TST (not free and I am uncertain if they even offer to non-Regal guests) East and walk 100m.
Lots of choices
BUT
2 kids and 3 suitcases eliminates many of the options.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Lots of choices
BUT
2 kids and 3 suitcases eliminates many of the options.
Last two options are eliminated. Taxi all the way is the best option.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:04 pm

Or Klook.com (also app), where you can book a 6-seater Alphard (4 checked bags, 2 carry-ons included in price). Pricer than a taxi but...
jsn55 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Or Klook.com (also app), where you can book a 6-seater Alphard (4 checked bags, 2 carry-ons included in price). Pricer than a taxi but...
Thanks DragonSoul, that was a good option for me
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bjonil

Thanks DragonSoul, that was a good option for me
We used that twice already. Once from Stubbs Rd to HKIA and once from HKIA home.
Beats trying your chance with Uber and the XL bging large enought for your 6 bags.
At HKIA, they wait outside the doors in the terminal and helps you with you bags. This beats calling for Uber and wheeling stuff out to the waiting area.

I am a convert.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:38 pm

We used that twice already. Once from Stubbs Rd to HKIA and once from HKIA home.
Beats trying your chance with Uber and the XL bging large enought for your 6 bags.
At HKIA, they wait outside the doors in the terminal and helps you with you bags. This beats calling for Uber and wheeling stuff out to the waiting area.

I am a convert.
Last time I booked a Tesla, as it was only me but with extra baggage hence why I ordered a car. It was not waiting for me. Had no Whatsapp messages, no phone calls (had been waiting on the apron for the gate to open for 15-20 mins, plus baggage wait, and my phone was on and connected to my HK mobile provider). Checked email for a number to call when I saw an email from Klook saying they couldn't contact me (not true) and that the Telsa wasn't available so they cancelled the car and would refund the cost. Pissed I called them up and told them I wanted a vehicle. The service provider (not Klook) called me and agreed to send a car and told me where to meet it. Never got the Telsa; had the embarrassment of going home in an Alphard instead. I don't know which party cancelled my booking - Klook or service provider. Still I got home in comfort, albeit mildly pissed, and will consider using the service again. Just unlucky that time.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time I booked a Tesla, as it was only me but with extra baggage hence why I ordered a car. It was not waiting for me. Had no Whatsapp messages, no phone calls (had been waiting on the apron for the gate to open for 15-20 mins, plus baggage wait, and my phone was on and connected to my HK mobile provider). Checked email for a number to call when I saw an email from Klook saying they couldn't contact me (not true) and that the Telsa wasn't available so they cancelled the car and would refund the cost. Pissed I called them up and told them I wanted a vehicle. The service provider (not Klook) called me and agreed to send a car and told me where to meet it. Never got the Telsa; had the embarrassment of going home in an Alphard instead. I don't know which party cancelled my booking - Klook or service provider. Still I got home in comfort, albeit mildly pissed, and will consider using the service again. Just unlucky that time.
I WhatsApp the service provide both time after getting my confirmation from Klook. Within the hour I got a WhatsApp msg from someone identifying themself as my driver confirming pickupn the exact location as well as the plate number of the vehicle.
Did not used the Tesla service.
I don't have a problem of feeling embarrassed going home to Stubbs Rd in an Alphard.

As a sea turtle expat I tend to be proactive with "new service providers" .
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:26 pm

The Tesla option includes a Meet & Greet service, so I hadn't anticipated needing to WhatsApp the driver when they were supposed to be at the waiting area by McDs. Next time...

And the Alphard is the most embarrassing of all vehicles.
jsn55 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:03 pm

(Sorry for the serial posting)

Wanted to add, I've used Klook for multiple options and this was the first time I've had an issue. Customer service was easy to contact and quickly helped me out. I'm very happy to use Klook again - and 100% will be.

OP, please don't be put off by my one-off experience. And DEFINITELY make a note of the service provider's WhatsApp number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.