Choosing a hotel in Macau?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing a hotel in Macau?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by ijgordon
We booked a club level executive suite at the Sheraton - only 11.5k points (vs. 10k for a non-club regular room). Midweek. Probably one of the best deals in the system (not necessarily based on the $ value of the room, which wasn't so expensive given midweek). Very nice 1-bd suite, great lounge breakfast. Good service. Our flight was 3 hours late into HKG so we missed the evening reception, but still, nice hotel.
Youse in town? Coming over across the Zuhai strait?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickles
Youse in town? Coming over across the Zuhai strait?
lol, yes. At the W now. Leaving tomorrow for Bali. Not a work trip. :-p
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:58 am

Our Macau trip earlier this year, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Cotai Strip Macau and had Shrekfast with the kids. This isn't the most luxurious of Macau hotels, but it suited us fine.

Right across the Holiday Inn Cotai was the Venetian and we could walk over quite easily via an overhead bridge.

Somebody mentioned the Galaxy. We took a complimentary shuttle from the Holiday Inn Cotai area to the Galaxy just to look around. Also had dinner at the Tsui Wah there.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Ouch. Why is that?
Originally Posted by percysmith
They just don't - historical experience between me and my friends at SPG Gold level. I keep thinking its a franchise and the franchise operator chooses not to be nice to SPG members.
I just wanted to follow-up on my post.

I spent 8 nights at the Sheraton and managed to get what they consider an upgrade to the Cotai Strip view (I believe it costs more when you book the room.)

Any how, I could have cared less where they put me, but you are right, there was no real upgrade so to say. I can't say I like this hotel much because of the guests who do not know how to behave, and the check-in counters are a zoo and a half.

Great hotel if chasing status, but if you want to relax, forget it. I do like the beds though hahaha!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
All the more reasons why club level is the only way to go. Snack and drink while they prepare the check-in and bring the documents and keys to you.

But anyways, it's Macau. The key is to be as far from where the mainlanders (and mainland groups in particular) are as possible.

Last edited by rkkwan; Oct 27, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
When I return, I'll aim for the club level rooms in 2016. I really don't want to return to this hotel, but if I want to keep Platinum status, I have no choice. The St. Regis is out of my budget.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: BA
Stayed here a couple weeks back and had access to the club lounge.
The dinner spread is good enough to cover dinner (but food in macau is cheap anyways)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.