Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Currency question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by islandcub1
This is true. Although I suspect that there is some way to go back if you're turned away at the border, I definitely can't guarantee that you won't be thrown into some sort of immigration holding cell for refusing to pay the fee. We may have to wait for a traveller to actually make the trip, pay, and then report back to know for sure.
I'm guessing that a simple phone call could shed light on the situation.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:27 am

If they want to play rough, they have the power to fine and deport you for trying to enter China without a visa. They can also be nice if they want and arrange your return to HK without a fine. Point is, it's an administrative hassle for them to get you back to HK, and you should not show up at Luohu unless you're prepared to pay the fee, whatever it is.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There are certainly examples of people leaving HK, being refused entry to China, and returning to HK with no great extra hassle. It happened recently to someone who had taken part in the Occupy protests (but who had not been arrested or charged with anything) - she tried to enter China at Ching Ming with her family to visit an ancestor's grave and was told at the Chinese border that her entry permit had been withdrawn (unknown to the HK authorities).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by christep
There are certainly examples of people leaving HK, being refused entry to China, and returning to HK with no great extra hassle. It happened recently to someone who had taken part in the Occupy protests (but who had not been arrested or charged with anything) - she tried to enter China at Ching Ming with her family to visit an ancestor's grave and was told at the Chinese border that her entry permit had been withdrawn (unknown to the HK authorities).
Apart from the phone call idea, all it would take to confirm the current fee structure, would be for a single one of us to check out details on their next pass through a relevant checkpoint. Failing this sort of DD, be prepared to pay up if you don't want a headache.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.