Wiki Posts
Search

A 21 bus from HKIA to city - 50 % off promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
A 21 bus from HKIA to city - 50 % off promo

Visiting HKG on a MR, I discovered the A 21 bus from the airport to Hung Hom Station. Its a good service, passes by many of the major hotels in Kowloon and costs only 33 HKG $ as compared to 90 for the train. Transfer time is under an hour.

I just checked their WEB site for my rtn. journey and noticed they have a 50 % off promo for same day travel i.e. 33 out, 16.5 for the rtn:

http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/fareConces...=2&intLangID=1

A great deal if anyone has a long layover at HKIA!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; D6503 Build/23.0.1.A.0.167) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.89 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Is has been 50% off for same day return since day 1....

And if you having same day transit, my humble recommendation is stick with airport express to maximize your stay... Road traffic can be ugly sometime and busses normally include some sort of detour....
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The CityFlyer promotion is ongoing, so is the same-day return ticket on the Airport Express. Keep in mind that this is by using a Octopus only. Cityflyer also has roundtrip tickets for $55 (A21/22), and $65 (A10/11/12/29), though the discount is smaller than the same-day 50% off.

Here's my take on the bus. A21 is a slow way to get to Tsim Sha Tsui, though alright if you have the time and see it as a tour through Mong Kok. And with traffic and all, it's probably not the most reliable way to get back to airport if you are in a hurry to catch a flight.

If you want to go to Kowloon quickly on bus, A22 gets you to Jordan Road direct. Particularly useful when going back to the airport.

The buses are more useful for going to HK Island. A11 will get you to Macau Ferry in 35 minutes, which is faster than using the Airport Express and connect. Or you can connect to the MTR there, a bit slower than using the AE but cheaper.

Going back to airport, one can check real time bus arrival time at each stop using the webpage or mobile app, though you'll need internet, apparently.

Last edited by rkkwan; Feb 1, 2015 at 8:18 pm
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:37 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Visiting HKG on a MR, I discovered the A 21 bus from the airport to Hung Hom Station. Its a good service, passes by many of the major hotels in Kowloon and costs only 33 HKG $ as compared to 90 for the train. Transfer time is under an hour.

I just checked their WEB site for my rtn. journey and noticed they have a 50 % off promo for same day travel i.e. 33 out, 16.5 for the rtn
The airport express has a 100% discount for same day return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.