Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GoSh4rks
Unofficial List of FFPs eligible for e-Channel as of January 21, 2017:

1. oneworld

American Airlines (AA) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum Pro*/Executive Platinum/ConciergeKey
British Airways (BA) - Silver/Gold/Premier
Cathay Pacific/DragonAir (CX/KA) – Green#/Silver/Gold/Diamond
Finnair (AY) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/VIP
Japan Airlines (JL) - Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/JGC Card/JGC Sapphire/JGC Premier
Malaysia Airlines (MH) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Qantas Airways (QF) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum One*/Chairman’s Lounge
Qatar Airways (QR) - Gold/Platinum*
S7 Airlines (S7) - Silver/Gold/Platinum

2. SkyTeam

Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (AF/KL) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club 2000/Club 2000 Skipper
China Airlines (CI) - Gold/Emerald/Paragon
China Southern Airlines (CZ) – Silver Card/Gold Card
Delta Air Lines (DL) - Silver Medallion!/Gold Medallion!/Platinum Medallion!/Diamond Medallion!
Garuda Indonesia Airlines (GA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Korean Air (KE) - Morning Calm/Morning Calm Premium/Million Miler

3. Star Alliance

Air Canada (AC) - Prestige 25K!/Elite 35K!/Elite 50K*/Elite 75K*/Super Elite 100K!
Air China (CA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Air New Zealand (NZ) - Silver/Gold/Elite
All Nippon Airways (NH) - Bronze/Platinum/Diamond/Super Flyer Club
Asiana Airlines (OZ) - Gold/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines (ET) - Silver/Gold
EVA Airways (BR) – Silver/Gold/Diamond
Lufthansa/Swiss International Air Lines (LH/LX)@ - Frequent Traveler/Senator/HON Circle
Singapore Airlines (SQ) – KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS
South African Airways (SA)– Gold/Platinum/Lifetime Platinum
Thai Airways (TG)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Turkish Airlines (TK) - Classic Plus/Elite/Elite Plus
United Airlines (UA) - Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier 1K/ Global Services

4. Non-alliance

Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/Hong Kong Express (HU/HX/UO) - Silver Card/Gold Card/Platinum Card*
Jet Airways (9W)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Philippines Airlines (PR) - Classic#!/Elite/Premier Elite/Million Miler
Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) - Gold Elite
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS)- Silver/Gold

Key:
  • # - Base level (non-status)
  • * - New levels not included in ID's list but should be qualified.
  • ! - Current name for the status levels
  • @ - Miles & More is also the FFP for Adria/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines/Croatia Airlines/LOT Polish Airlines. They are not included in ID's list but should be qualified.

Note:
  • Please refer to Immigration Department's website for the enrollment eligibility (Select "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors"), as well as the hours and locations of the enrollment offices. As of October 2, 2018, airport hours are North Hall: 7:30a-11:00p and South Hall: 10:00a-6:00p, and Immigration Building, Wan Chai, M-F 8:45a-5p.
  • If your FFP is not included above, assume that you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership. You may be still eligible to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" if 1) you are a visitor using either HKSAR Travel Pass or APEC Business Travel Card with HKG endorsement; 2) you have entered and exited via HKG more than 3 times within last 12 months of the enrollment;
  • If you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors", you may be still eligible to enroll e-Channel Service through a qualified travel document (Australian Passport/German Passport/Singaporean Passport/ROK Passport/Mainland Exit-Entry Permit with qualified endorsements/Macau ID);
  • Kingfisher Airlines (IT) is included in ID's list but excluded above as it has ceased operation.
  • Anecdotal reports suggest a physical (i.e. non-digital) FFP membership card is REQUIRED to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership.
  • Electronic FF cards are accepted.
  • E-Channel renewals/transfers onto a new passport involve taking your old sticker off your expired passport and transferring it to the new passport. New stickers are still issued for first time enrollees.
Print Wikipost

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by beyridge
For starters, you can apply the HKIA FVC (Frequent Visitors Card). You can fill it up online and they mail you your card direct to your home. With the card, you can queue up on the FVC line, and even bring your companions (immediate family) to line up with you. LOL.
As discussed and repeated in multiple posts in this very thread, these are two different programs with different requirements. The Frequent visitor card requires that one enter HKG at least thrice per year. In contrast, the E-Channel is open even to those who enter once or twice per year. (As I mentioned upthread, I did hold a HKIA FVC for several years when I was doing multiple overnights per year plus one visit, but since then have dropped to only once or twice per year on average.)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: Platinum : Amex | Gold : EK Bonvoy Carlson Hilton
Originally Posted by beyridge
Oh is it? Thanks for the info.

I have an issue. My valid HK E-Pass (sticker) is in my expired passport. I'm entering HK next week with my new passport. Can I use my e-pass to enter (entry record will reflect old passport details), have the pass updated to my new passport, then exit with my new passport?
I'm sure you found out the answer by yourself: new passport = new application... One of my friend lost his passport, so he needs to re-apply for e-channels... and he didn't copy the stamped pages of his old passport, but hopefully he lives in Shenzhen, so it is like commuting in Futian

Another thing, people that have been 3 times already in HK can apply FVC in front of me, a familly of 4 have been kicked out because it was the third time they entered HK... in fact you need to have enter (ok, you just went thru immigration), but you also need to have left HK 3 times...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by christep
All the details are here: http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...nnel.htm#fvapc

The sign-up office is after immigration but before customs. It is the only place you can apply. I believe the pass is valid as long as your travel document. It can only be used at HK Airport.
Update as of April 2016: there is now an e-Channel enrollment office in Immigration Tower in Wan Chai:

http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/press/pre.../20160408.html

I successfully enrolled at this office yesterday. It's an easy walk from the Wan Chai MTR--just take the pedestrian walkway towards the harbor and the building it dead-ends into is Immigration Tower.

The office is on the 7th floor. Signage indicates that the elevator directly at the end of the walkway is for staff only (even though the outer pair of lifts is technically for the public), so you may need to go down to ground level first and then use the lift to get to the 7th floor. Come out of the elevator lobby, make a sharp right turn (so the glass windows for visas, etc. will be on your left) and then another right turn down a long-ish hallway (marked with "e-Channel enrolment" or similar). It's a small office down at the end, just near the escalators on the west side of the building.

Originally Posted by Thanh Viet
I'm sure you found out the answer by yourself: new passport = new application... One of my friend lost his passport, so he needs to re-apply for e-channels... and he didn't copy the stamped pages of his old passport, but hopefully he lives in Shenzhen, so it is like commuting in Futian

Another thing, people that have been 3 times already in HK can apply FVC in front of me, a familly of 4 have been kicked out because it was the third time they entered HK... in fact you need to have enter (ok, you just went thru immigration), but you also need to have left HK 3 times...
Although I've entered HK a combined 6 times in the past 12.5 months, apparently only 2 of those were full entries at the airport followed by exits in the last 12 months, so I didn't qualify on my third entry (must be a full entry and exit, as you said). I had forgotten to show my elite FF card, so I then went to the Immigration Tower office and they matched my AA GLD card up with a picture of qualifying AA cards in a notebook and quickly processed my enrollment.

I didn't catch all of the airlines in the notebook as they were flipping through it quite quickly, but it was a very extensive list, so it's possible that far more airlines than have been mentioned here on FT participate.

Sorry to bump this thread, but it seems the most on-topic and comprehensive one. Google lists dozens of threads on this subject on FT...consolidating them might be useful...

Last edited by jackal; Apr 29, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:11 am

That's useful to know. In the past I wa unable to register for a couple of years because I kept arriving at HKG when the office was closed.

Wan Chai would have been quite convenient.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, HiltonHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jackal
Update as of April 2016: there is now an e-Channel enrollment office in Immigration Tower in Wan Chai:

http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/press/pre.../20160408.html

I successfully enrolled at this office yesterday. It's an easy walk from the Wan Chai MTR--just take the pedestrian walkway towards the harbor and the building it dead-ends into is Immigration Tower.

The office is on the 7th floor. Signage indicates that the elevator directly at the end of the walkway is for staff only (even though the outer pair of lifts is technically for the public), so you may need to go down to ground level first and then use the lift to get to the 7th floor. Come out of the elevator lobby, make a sharp right turn (so the glass windows for visas, etc. will be on your left) and then another right turn down a long-ish hallway (marked with "e-Channel enrolment" or similar). It's a small office down at the end, just near the escalators on the west side of the building.

Thanks for the detailed instructions on how to use this. If my flight is delayed (like it has been the last 5 times I've tried to arrive before 11pm for the airport one) I'll hit up Wan Chai next tuesday.

Although I've entered HK a combined 6 times in the past 12.5 months, apparently only 2 of those were full entries at the airport followed by exits in the last 12 months, so I didn't qualify on my third entry (must be a full entry and exit, as you said). I had forgotten to show my elite FF card, so I then went to the Immigration Tower office and they matched my AA GLD card up with a picture of qualifying AA cards in a notebook and quickly processed my enrollment.
So I've properly entered/exited HKG 8 times in the last year. I am also ExPlat - is there any reason to choose the 3+ entry/exit version or should I use the AA ExPlat status to apply?

I didn't catch all of the airlines in the notebook as they were flipping through it quite quickly, but it was a very extensive list, so it's possible that far more airlines than have been mentioned here on FT participate.

Sorry to bump this thread, but it seems the most on-topic and comprehensive one. Google lists dozens of threads on this subject on FT...consolidating them might be useful...

--^ good point

Last edited by Prospero; May 3, 2016 at 12:46 am Reason: Separate new content from quoted content
Old May 13, 2016, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I visited the wanchai office yesterday with a colleague who I was hoping to get on board (because we often travel together, and his lack of echannel slows us down).

Notes:
-they wanted to see his physical frequent flyer card
-in absence of that, the requirement is 3 entries at hkia only (I never knew about this detail)
-there was no line at all
-I will bring him there again in two weeks (with his frequent flyer card), and report back in the event we encounter additional snags
Old May 15, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Does anyone know if they will accept entries made on resident visas when applying for the e-channel? Not sure they would accept my RJ Platinum.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Does anyone know if they will accept entries made on resident visas when applying for the e-channel?
IIRC, you are supposed to get a HKID in this case, which you will be entitled for e-channel automatically.

Not sure they would accept my RJ Platinum.
They should.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by garykung
IIRC, you are supposed to get a HKID in this case, which you will be entitled for e-channel automatically.

They should.

I have a HKID,but my resident status is expiring soon and I am therefore going to be landing as a visitor (at least for the next 6-7 months or so),so I am not sure if they would count those entries I have made under HKID. (hopefully that makes sense? )
Old May 16, 2016, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I have a HKID,but my resident status is expiring soon and I am therefore going to be landing as a visitor (at least for the next 6-7 months or so),so I am not sure if they would count those entries I have made under HKID. (hopefully that makes sense? )
Thanks for the clarification.

Since you are a RJ Platinum, if the Immigration Department recognize it, the visit limit does not apply to you.

If not, I believe that your HKID entries will not count.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by garykung
Thanks for the clarification.

Since you are a RJ Platinum, if the Immigration Department recognize it, the visit limit does not apply to you.

If not, I believe that your HKID entries will not count.
Thanks a lot for the response.

There were a few reports on here that their cards did not get "recongized" because they were not on the list held by HK Immigration Department. Presenting an RJ card/RJ BP at CX lounges creates enough shocks,so I am not too optimisitc that the Immigration Officers would have an image of the RJ cards in their booklets.

Hopefully one or the other will get accepted. Since I was on a student visa and had to go to an officer everytime (student visa does not let you use the e-channel),I got those "bus slips" every time,so hopefully if RJ card does not work,they will accept the slips.
Old May 17, 2016, 7:02 am

Thanks a lot for the response.

There were a few reports on here that their cards did not get "recongized" because they were not on the list held by HK Immigration Department. Presenting an RJ card/RJ BP at CX lounges creates enough shocks,so I am not too optimisitc that the Immigration Officers would have an image of the RJ cards in their booklets.

Hopefully one or the other will get accepted. Since I was on a student visa and had to go to an officer everytime (student visa does not let you use the e-channel),I got those "bus slips" every time,so hopefully if RJ card does not work,they will accept the slips.
If RJ isn't on their list, I would not count on the card working.

However, the guy in wanchai office last week told us that all entries via hkia qualify, regardless of whether the ID is still valid (they searched using my colleague's old and new passports).

Old May 17, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by moondog
If RJ isn't on their list, I would not count on the card working.

However, the guy in wanchai office last week told us that all entries via hkia qualify, regardless of whether the ID is still valid (they searched using my colleague's old and new passports).

Thanks for the input.

That's what I am not sure about,whether they would have RJ on the list.

Will try applying with entries under HKID when I am back in HKG and report back on here whether it works in my case.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:42 am

Thanks for the input.

That's what I am not sure about,whether they would have RJ on the list.

Will try applying with entries under HKID when I am back in HKG and report back on here whether it works in my case.
They have a poster showing all qualifying cards, and I'm guessing this info is available online as well (would be good to add to the OP or a wikpost).

Eta: The list in the following link is a bit dated, and is presumably incomplete, but is better than nothing (note: RJ is not on it):

http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-frequent...sitor-echannel

Last edited by moondog; May 17, 2016 at 8:54 am
Old May 17, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by moondog
They have a poster showing all qualifying cards, and I'm guessing this info is available online as well (would be good to add to the OP or a wikpost).

Eta: The list in the following link is a bit dated, and is presumably incomplete, but is better than nothing (note: RJ is not on it):

http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-frequent...sitor-echannel
Yeah,I also find the criteria somewhat strange,
-TG entry level seems to be eligible,but BA Bronze/Ruby is not
-LX Miles and More entry level being fine but not the LH equivalent.
-HX Express FFP??? Dragonair FFP???
-Many,many airlines operating to HKG are missing from here,okay I am not talking about RJ with it's 4 weekly flights,but how about say VN with their 2x daily? Is it that airlines pay HKIA for the e-channel,than that would make sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.