FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   Apply for E-Channel with FF status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1072576-apply-e-channel-ff-status.html)

adamak Apr 9, 2010 1:56 pm

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

According to Virgin Atlantic, I can apply for HKG's E-Channel if I'm gold.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...fits/index.jsp

You can now register for a fast-track Immigration channel at Hong Kong Airport. Once you’re set up, the e-Channel will save you time if you travel to Kong Kong frequently.

Once you arrive in Hong Kong, you will need to register for the service by visiting the Frequent Visitor e-Channel Facilities in the Arrivals Hall. You will need to present your Flying Club membership card, and a valid travel document such as passport and or multiple visit visa. The enrolment process will include fingerprint and photograph capture, and document verification.

Once completed, you will simply be able to scan your travel document, submit your fingerprints for verification, then collect a label and fix it to your passport. Then you will be on your way to completing the self-service immigration and collecting your bags.

My questions -
Arrival hall facility is before or after custom? If they're closed, is there anywhere else I can apply after custom?
How long will this pass last?
Can I use E-Channel elsewhere with this pass (like Macau or China)?

christep Apr 9, 2010 11:42 pm

All the details are here: http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...nnel.htm#fvapc

The sign-up office is after immigration but before customs. It is the only place you can apply. I believe the pass is valid as long as your travel document. It can only be used at HK Airport.

anabolism Oct 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by christep (Post 13743908)

Not all the details, e.g., which airlines participate?

garykung Nov 4, 2012 2:41 am

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 19581382)
Not all the details, e.g., which airlines participate?

There is no public announcement on which one have participated.

Based on evidence at FT, at least VS and CX.

(Edited - UA seems to participate...)

AA_EXP09 Nov 4, 2012 4:41 am

deleted

anabolism Nov 4, 2012 9:40 am

There is another FT thread which has a link to the list of airlines (very helpful, especially since not all require status): OW airlines participating in HKG e-channel?

Link to list: Frequent flyers get fast-lane access at Hong Kong airport

kilo Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by christep (Post 13743908)
All the details are here: http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...nnel.htm#fvapc

The sign-up office is after immigration but before customs. It is the only place you can apply. I believe the pass is valid as long as your travel document. It can only be used at HK Airport.

The office is immediately after immigration - do not go through the double doors - if you cannot see the enrollment area ask an official to point you to the right area.

The E-channel can also be used at the Macau ferry terminal.

For those who like (collect) stamps in their passport please note with the e-channel you wont be getting any. (Are there any such people anyway?)

anabolism Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by kilo (Post 19678296)
For those who like (collect) stamps in their passport please note with the e-channel you wont be getting any. (Are there any such people anyway?)

Sure there are, and this is the place to find them :)

(Doesn't everyone study their passport stamps while waiting in line? Or notice how some agents stamp willy-nilly on a page, overlapping other stamps, while others are neat and careful?)

AA_EXP09 Nov 15, 2012 8:50 am

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 19686119)
Sure there are, and this is the place to find them :)

(Doesn't everyone study their passport stamps while waiting in line? Or notice how some agents stamp willy-nilly on a page, overlapping other stamps, while others are neat and careful?)

In HKG I actually noticed many people in the residents line playing with their phones.

garykung Nov 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 19686119)

1. We use IDs (like the national ID from Europe) to pass immigration.

2. It is not the U.S. So basically, you can do whatever you want, including Facetime.

anabolism Nov 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 19688097)
In HKG I actually noticed many people in the residents line playing with their phones.

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 19689757)
1. We use IDs (like the national ID from Europe) to pass immigration.

2. It is not the U.S. So basically, you can do whatever you want, including Facetime.

I meant lines in general, not just immigration or customs lines. You know, waiting to check in or board the next flight, that sort of thing.

garykung Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 19691549)
I meant lines in general, not just immigration or customs lines. You know, waiting to check in or board the next flight, that sort of thing.

Got you.

And trust me - they are not checking the flight status...:p

beyridge Dec 30, 2012 9:40 am

For starters, you can apply the HKIA FVC (Frequent Visitors Card). You can fill it up online and they mail you your card direct to your home. With the card, you can queue up on the FVC line, and even bring your companions (immediate family) to line up with you. LOL.

Steve M Dec 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by beyridge (Post 19943181)
For starters, you can apply the HKIA FVC (Frequent Visitors Card).

No, you can't. The program has been discontinued. Current cards are still being honored for the time being. The e-Channel automated Immigration clearance program is considered the replacement for the FVC.

beyridge Dec 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Steve M (Post 19945209)
No, you can't. The program has been discontinued. Current cards are still being honored for the time being. The e-Channel automated Immigration clearance program is considered the replacement for the FVC.

Oh is it? Thanks for the info.

I have an issue. My valid HK E-Pass (sticker) is in my expired passport. I'm entering HK next week with my new passport. Can I use my e-pass to enter (entry record will reflect old passport details), have the pass updated to my new passport, then exit with my new passport?