Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund {CHN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by A380*G
I plan on booking a stay at this hotel soon. I am Hilton Diamond and will then use the "one guest stays for free in the same room" perk.
Free breakfast is not guaranteed at any Waldorf Astoria as I understand, but is it likely that I (we) will get it?
Breakfast is generally provided for diamonds
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks, let's hope so.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:40 pm

And you'll enjoy it .. pretty setting, nice service, western and Chinese choices. We are there again next week. Can't wait.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-May. We booked a standard award room. In April, I contacted the hotel asking if it might be possible to get a river-view room. The quick reply stated that they would try. I noted on the website that the room had indeed been changed to king river-view. The hotel also provided a map and text in Mandarin for use by the taxi driver at the airport with the advice to use the back entrance. This worked out well.

On the day of arrival, I noted that we had been upgraded to a junior suite. The only downside was that this was a city-view room. I decided not to quibble about that. On arrival, we were well-treated by the front desk staff and personally shown the room. We were told that breakfast would be available in the Grand Brasserie (I'm a Diamond member).

The suite was spacious and excellently furnished. We were impressed with breakfast and the advice from the concierges during our short stay. As others have noted, this is an outstanding hotel and our first brief visit to China (transiting without visa) was very enjoyable.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
I got free breakfast for the whole family (booked two rooms) when we were there two years ago, I was only Hilton Gold then. Not sure if things has changed.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:20 pm

WA Shanghai: how do they treat Diamonds?

Any recent experiences? Is there a free breakfast, upgrades, etc?

Also, how is this property compares to Park Hyatt across the river?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Kat007
Any recent experiences? Is there a free breakfast, upgrades, etc?

Also, how is this property compares to Park Hyatt across the river?
- Yes, I am also wondering about the same thing! I have stayed at almost all Shanghai SPG properties and also HHonors hotels in the area but not the Waldorf. Is it worth the premium CNY?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
We loved the experience. Always greeted by name, great breakfast, upgrade to a suite. It was my birthday, so we had a cake. Would stay there again in an instant. Downside is no lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The wiki and posts here describe breakfast:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-thread.html
Also a number of reports from diamonds here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nd-chn-11.html
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Hi, anyone knows about new "preferred partners" rate?
PREFERRED PARTNERS 15 PCT OFF BAR/ BUFFET BFAST/10PCT COMMISSION USD100 DINING CREDIT/ USD50 SPA CREDIT
The phone agent said this is per day. However, when I directly called into hotel, the guy doesn't seem to know what I am talking about, but firmly said it's only per stay....
note: rate for 1 day is 2040, 2 days is 4080. So it makes sense to me it's per day rate. However, hotel said otherwise.
Pls advise where I can get more info on this rate. not seeing anywhere online.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Recent Experience

Hey All -

I'm going to be staying at the WA in Shanghai on April 7-10. I booked a standard king-deluxe. I'm a hilton diamond.

Can anyone provide recent experience on what rooms to expect?

Possible for me to get a river view room?

Should I push for a junior suite?

I've read much on this thread its just not recent and experiences seem to vary a good bit. Any recent accounts from stays would be helpful.

Thanks -
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:19 pm

Stayed last month and received a river view upgrade from basic room res..I am not a pay for the view kind of hotel person, but the view is awesome day and night of the river..if they have river views available I would bet as a diamond you would get one. We have stayed probably 20 or so times since the hotel has been open, had suite upgrades for a while, but not on the last 2 or 3 years. The rooms are large..you can always ask what's available

One suggestion..take the river cruise at sunset ..you can see the sunset and then the mass of lights on both sides of the river..
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:10 pm

Have any diamonds been able to book a junior suite and get upgraded to a luxury river suite?

It would appear a luxury suite is a one category upgrade, while the luxury river view suite, which is an astonishing $500 USD/night more, is the next category (if you exclude Heritage building categories).

River view is the most important factor to me.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Have any diamonds been able to book a junior suite and get upgraded to a luxury river suite?

It would appear a luxury suite is a one category upgrade, while the luxury river view suite, which is an astonishing $500 USD/night more, is the next category (if you exclude Heritage building categories).

River view is the most important factor to me.
if you booked junior suite, next catergory is "waldorf suite", then luxury suite, king waldorf river suite, "king luxury river suite", finally deluxe river suite.
So its at least 4 catergory up from junior suite to luxury river suite.
But i bet they will give u river view if they have availability.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:52 pm

So basically just book the deluxe (standard), and get the deluxe river view instead of trying to monkey with suites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.