Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by aww3583
1. Superior rooms are typically slightly larger than Deluxe rooms and/or have a better view. Some superior rooms will have a pullout sofa. No deluxe rooms will. We travel with 2 kids under 7 and always book a superior room at a minimum. This hotel does not offer rollaway beds, if I remember correctly. Most rooms are shower-only, which may be a consideration if little kids prefer bath tubs. A few superior rooms have tubs instead of showers. You may want to call ahead, day of check-in, and see if they can guarantee you a tub room, if necessary. The windows are single pane and thin. We typically avoid rooms facing outward towards Canal or Baronne. You can hear busses, sirens, cars revving their engines. Pool-facing rooms are quieter.
Interesting perspective since the Deluxe rooms were approx $20 more per night. Was trying to compare on Hilton's website and saw somewhere mentioned Deluxe was better for traveling families. Maybe I have it backwards.

Thanks for the pro-tip on avoiding outward facing rooms!
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Interesting perspective since the Deluxe rooms were approx $20 more per night. Was trying to compare on Hilton's website and saw somewhere mentioned Deluxe was better for traveling families. Maybe I have it backwards.

Thanks for the pro-tip on avoiding outward facing rooms!
I pulled my info directly from the hotel's website (not Hilton).

https://localhotelsite.therooseveltn...ans.com/rooms/
ChevyCruze likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:13 am

Overall, the Roosevelt felt mediocre. Maybe I had higher expectations going in. Generally, the hotel looked great until you notice the little details, such as inconsistency with the elevator card reader (never worked with digital key) and the floor button lighting up after pushing it. Communication from the hotel front desk was inconsistent. One employee mentioned the daily F&B credit extended to all my rooms (which was not true). Another employee mentioned that I could do 4pm check out, because I booked a certain rate. Upon following up in the morning with the front desk, the best they could do was a 1pm check out.

Had four rooms booked (split between superiors and deluxe). Was able to two of the superiors upgraded to a Jr King Suite and one of the deluxe upgraded to a Superior. The Jr. King Suite sitting area was rather small. The pull out sofa was only big enough for one adult. Barely was able to squeeze to small kids on it. Thankfully they were always tired and went to bed rather quickly. The bedroom was very spacious. The mini fridge had two doors. One for the liquors and one for normal drinks. Didn't get very cold and was very small. Did notice a wifi bridge plugged in the back which I assume is for the spring sensors on the liquor side. I don't believe it was working because an employee came around to check the mini bar.

The rooftop pool was pleasant. Did get very busy Saturday morning. Wasn't a fan of the pool bar closing at 5 or 6pm. Additionally, we had brought to the pool a po-boy from the dive bar across the street. One of the pool employees mentioned outside food wasn't allowed but was nonchalant about it since he was ready to go home. My beef is why make a rule if your rooftop pool bar is closed nor does it serve food.

Pros:
Used the $50 F&B credit every night (3 night stay) at the Sazerac Bar. Credit was applied automatically applied to final folio
Valet was quick!
Beds were comfy.

Sazerac Bar had a great environment. On Thursday night, met up with some friends and family there. Took my two small kids and the ipad. Yes - I saw the sign about 21 and up. But they sat on the couch and watched a movie. Staff never bothered or asked us to leave. Continued to check on our drinks. The bar manager did also make a small scene after one of our friends had brought in and nearly finished a Styrofoam box of fries. Again, the kitchen was closed.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:08 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Overall, the Roosevelt felt mediocre. Maybe I had higher expectations going in. Generally, the hotel looked great until you notice the little details, such as inconsistency with the elevator card reader (never worked with digital key) and the floor button lighting up after pushing it. Communication from the hotel front desk was inconsistent. One employee mentioned the daily F&B credit extended to all my rooms (which was not true). Another employee mentioned that I could do 4pm check out, because I booked a certain rate. Upon following up in the morning with the front desk, the best they could do was a 1pm check out.

Had four rooms booked (split between superiors and deluxe). Was able to two of the superiors upgraded to a Jr King Suite and one of the deluxe upgraded to a Superior. The Jr. King Suite sitting area was rather small. The pull out sofa was only big enough for one adult. Barely was able to squeeze to small kids on it. Thankfully they were always tired and went to bed rather quickly. The bedroom was very spacious. The mini fridge had two doors. One for the liquors and one for normal drinks. Didn't get very cold and was very small. Did notice a wifi bridge plugged in the back which I assume is for the spring sensors on the liquor side. I don't believe it was working because an employee came around to check the mini bar.

The rooftop pool was pleasant. Did get very busy Saturday morning. Wasn't a fan of the pool bar closing at 5 or 6pm. Additionally, we had brought to the pool a po-boy from the dive bar across the street. One of the pool employees mentioned outside food wasn't allowed but was nonchalant about it since he was ready to go home. My beef is why make a rule if your rooftop pool bar is closed nor does it serve food.

Pros:
Used the $50 F&B credit every night (3 night stay) at the Sazerac Bar. Credit was applied automatically applied to final folio
Valet was quick!
Beds were comfy.

Sazerac Bar had a great environment. On Thursday night, met up with some friends and family there. Took my two small kids and the ipad. Yes - I saw the sign about 21 and up. But they sat on the couch and watched a movie. Staff never bothered or asked us to leave. Continued to check on our drinks. The bar manager did also make a small scene after one of our friends had brought in and nearly finished a Styrofoam box of fries. Again, the kitchen was closed.
Thanks for the great trip update. Sounds like you had a mixed stay. For a long trip where someone would try to hit all of the relevant hotels (Four Seasons, Windsor Court, Ritz, etc), do you think this is even worth a stop? I hesitate to skip it because it just seems so culturally significant.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thanks for the great trip update. Sounds like you had a mixed stay. For a long trip where someone would try to hit all of the relevant hotels (Four Seasons, Windsor Court, Ritz, etc), do you think this is even worth a stop? I hesitate to skip it because it just seems so culturally significant.
If I were to stay again, it would depend on if I could
  • get below $150~175 nightly room rate
  • am traveling with or without family
  • primary purpose (Bourbon Street / Harrah's or event elsewhere such as the Superdome or Jazzfest)
I haven't stayed at the other three, but I don't think you'll miss much if you were to skip it. A quick walk through the lobby from Roosevelt Way door to the Barrone door, with a drink at the bar, and you'll have experienced everything.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:01 pm

Wonderful place to use the Amex FHR credit. Room rates can hover around $200-$400/night, and it is possible to stack the $50/day food and beverage credit for Honors Gold/Diamond with the $100 property credit + $60 breakfast credit from FHR. Check in one day, out the next. Reasonable parking across the street for $20/24 hours. FHR upgrade and Diamond upgrade (have had both) from regular King to King Suite.
comeflywme likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by chickensandwich
Wonderful place to use the Amex FHR credit. Room rates can hover around $200-$400/night, and it is possible to stack the $50/day food and beverage credit for Honors Gold/Diamond with the $100 property credit + $60 breakfast credit from FHR. Check in one day, out the next. Reasonable parking across the street for $20/24 hours. FHR upgrade and Diamond upgrade (have had both) from regular King to King Suite.
I am planning to stay there in November and am hoping you can clarify some things.

I booked an FHR rate for $350 - $200 (after the Amex Plat FHR credit) and am Diamond through the Aspire.

Are you saying the $60 breakfast credit will easily stack with the $50 F&B credit?

I had also heard that their $100 experience credit was to be used in their gift/antique shop.

Are you saying that they also allowed you to use the $100 experience credit for F&B and not in the gift shop, so you had total F&B credits of $60.00 + $50.00 + $100.00 = $210.00 total ?

Did you have to argue with them at all, over the application of credits, or was it pretty seamless?

The Roosevelt actually has a small in-house bakery that makes tasty beignets, and I may be traveling with another adult and 2 kids, so it would be fairly easy to use all the F&B for a one-night stay.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I am planning to stay there in November and am hoping you can clarify some things.

I booked an FHR rate for $350 - $200 (after the Amex Plat FHR credit) and am Diamond through the Aspire.

Are you saying the $60 breakfast credit will easily stack with the $50 F&B credit?

I had also heard that their $100 experience credit was to be used in their gift/antique shop.

Are you saying that they also allowed you to use the $100 experience credit for F&B and not in the gift shop, so you had total F&B credits of $60.00 + $50.00 + $100.00 = $210.00 total ?

Did you have to argue with them at all, over the application of credits, or was it pretty seamless?

The Roosevelt actually has a small in-house bakery that makes tasty beignets, and I may be traveling with another adult and 2 kids, so it would be fairly easy to use all the F&B for a one-night stay.

Thanks for sharing.
Booked FHR and it's showed as a $100 "property credit." Can be used for food and beverage in all capacities (including room service and minibar), except for Domenica. If you put your Honors number in while booking, then it should show up in your app.

They proactively offered it all at check in, no fuss.

Beignets at Fountain Lounge were alright - unfortunately New Orleans has coasted on beignet quality compared to other cities along the gulf coast, despite their origins.
diesteldorf likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:14 am

I'm planning a 4-night stay in November, and booked the 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom suite. The Luxury King Suite is $46 per night more, and I'm trying to figure out what the upgrades the Luxury Suite would be to see if I can justify the added cost. I can find a floor plan and lots of picture for the Luxury Suite but not as much info on the King Suite. I see it's 600 sq. ft. -> 800 sq. ft. upgrade, which is nice, but it's just 2 of us, so we probably won't really notice the extra 200 sq, ft. I care more about bathroom configuration, location (i.e. facing a quieter street), or a better work desk/chair.
I'm HH Gold only, so not holding my breath for an upgrade upon arrival.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I'm planning a 4-night stay in November, and booked the 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom suite. The Luxury King Suite is $46 per night more, and I'm trying to figure out what the upgrades the Luxury Suite would be to see if I can justify the added cost. I can find a floor plan and lots of picture for the Luxury Suite but not as much info on the King Suite. I see it's 600 sq. ft. -> 800 sq. ft. upgrade, which is nice, but it's just 2 of us, so we probably won't really notice the extra 200 sq, ft. I care more about bathroom configuration, location (i.e. facing a quieter street), or a better work desk/chair.
I'm HH Gold only, so not holding my breath for an upgrade upon arrival.
If the Luxury King Suite is only $46 more per night, I would definitely take that option. The luxury king suite bathroom is much more luxurious with a huge tub and shower, separate closed door for the toilet, and a larger sitting area with table. Is also much brighter as there are several more windows. My family member used the Luxury King Suite to get ready for her wedding. The regular 1bedroom king suite is nice but is also a lot smaller. The couch is narrow, only sleeps one, and is harder to navigate around to the main bedroom area when the couch is pulled out. (Realize that probably doesn't apply to EmpressRouge). The room feels a lot tighter because of the layout of the room (or at least the 1 king bedroom suite that we were staying in.) The luxury king suite also has two double doors entry doors vs one for the normal king suite FWIW.

For price comparison for our booking.. the luxury king suite was approx $146 more than the king bedroom suite when we stayed for the weekend back in August.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
How did recent stays go? Any issues or problems with F&B credit or anything else? TIA
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:14 am

Booked a one king bed deluxe room. Upgraded to the 1 King 1 bedroom suite in the app. So far pre arrival has been similar to Waldorf Beverly Hills. I’ve been reached out to by email, text, in the past few days and then this morning through in app messaging by concierge agents. I check in today. Will try out all the dining establishments as well as the spa and report back.
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Cryptoprophet
Booked a one king bed deluxe room. Upgraded to the 1 King 1 bedroom suite in the app. So far pre arrival has been similar to Waldorf Beverly Hills. I’ve been reached out to by email, text, in the past few days and then this morning through in app messaging by concierge agents. I check in today. Will try out all the dining establishments as well as the spa and report back.
Can you reply back with info on if the hotel bar/restaurant are enforcing the parish vax/test mandate?

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
Can you reply back with info on if the hotel bar/restaurant are enforcing the parish vax/test mandate?

Thanks
I will let you know! The first concierge email they sent to me three days ago did mention the vaccine card or test proof for hotel dining establishments
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just spent the weekend here for our birthdays. Almost nowhere required masks or checked vax cards, despite signs still being posted. Lots of texts from concierge etc. Had breakfast one day at Fountain Lounge was ok. No problem with F&B credit on checkout. Booked 1 King 1 Bedroom Suite at a reasonable rate, received no upgrade, but we enjoyed the room, bed was comfy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.