FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {US-LA}
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:56 am
ChevyCruze

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I'm planning a 4-night stay in November, and booked the 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom suite. The Luxury King Suite is $46 per night more, and I'm trying to figure out what the upgrades the Luxury Suite would be to see if I can justify the added cost. I can find a floor plan and lots of picture for the Luxury Suite but not as much info on the King Suite. I see it's 600 sq. ft. -> 800 sq. ft. upgrade, which is nice, but it's just 2 of us, so we probably won't really notice the extra 200 sq, ft. I care more about bathroom configuration, location (i.e. facing a quieter street), or a better work desk/chair.
I'm HH Gold only, so not holding my breath for an upgrade upon arrival.
If the Luxury King Suite is only $46 more per night, I would definitely take that option. The luxury king suite bathroom is much more luxurious with a huge tub and shower, separate closed door for the toilet, and a larger sitting area with table. Is also much brighter as there are several more windows. My family member used the Luxury King Suite to get ready for her wedding. The regular 1bedroom king suite is nice but is also a lot smaller. The couch is narrow, only sleeps one, and is harder to navigate around to the main bedroom area when the couch is pulled out. (Realize that probably doesn't apply to EmpressRouge). The room feels a lot tighter because of the layout of the room (or at least the 1 king bedroom suite that we were staying in.) The luxury king suite also has two double doors entry doors vs one for the normal king suite FWIW.

For price comparison for our booking.. the luxury king suite was approx $146 more than the king bedroom suite when we stayed for the weekend back in August.