Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Using Diamond Force for Hilton Honors Reward Stays: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Diamond Force for Hilton Honors Reward Stays: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:17 pm
DAL

This summer I got a week at a sold-out beach resort via diamond guarantee, then diamond csr requested hotel let it be an award, all less than 2 weeks out, then we even got one of the few suites for most of our stay!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DAL
This summer I got a week at a sold-out beach resort via diamond guarantee, then diamond csr requested hotel let it be an award, all less than 2 weeks out, then we even got one of the few suites for most of our stay!
Was this involving a property in the Americas and with the same CSR doing all of that on one call? (I ask because I have done something akin to what you did but usually done it with separate phone calls with some time in between.)
Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:18 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
More cheers for the Diamond Desk. An award booking online was not an available option for the EmBassy Suites in Myrtle Beach, SC (Cat 6) for week 2 - JULY 2006.
BUT the diamond desk could do the 6 night-175,000 point package with no sweat.

This is a major benefit of the Hilton program - no diamond blackouts.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
I don't get this. Why the heck to they make me "Specifically" Invoke the Diamond Guarantee?

Subject: RE: Waldorf=Astoria
Date: October 18, 2005 10:24:28 PM EDT
To: HepperSchepp

Dear Mr. HepperSchepp:

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced in trying to book a reservation using your HHonors points. Diamond Special Services is committed to assisting you with this process through a benefit offered exclusively to Diamond members. I have made a regular reservation at the Waldorf = Astoria for November 4, 2005. The confirmation number is XXXXXXXX. The next step is to place a request in your HHonors account for our Diamond coordinator who will work directly with the hotel to assist with booking your reward accommodations. You will be contacted within 7 to 10 days with the outcome of this request.

I am sorry for the previous confusion in regard to your reservation request.

Best regards,
Diamond Special Agent
Hilton HHonors Worldwide

---- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: 10/18/2005 1:01:32 PM
Subject: Waldorf=Astoria

I thought I could use Rewards stay with out blackouts as a diamond?

On Tuesday, October 18, 2005, at 07:34AM, Diamond <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Mr. HepperSchepp,

Thank you for contacting Diamond Special Services. The Walldorf = Astoria does not have availability for use of points for November 4th 2005. We do have availability for the same date at the Homewood Suites Edgewater NYC where you may still also use your certificates or if you'd like use 30,000 points per nights. Would you prefer to make a reservation at this hotel?

Best Regards,

Diamond Special Services
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:09 am

Programs: Free Agent
Last week, I tried to book an award stay at the Scandic Palace in Tallinn, Estonia for next July. I don't know what's going on that weekend, but the hotel was sold out. I called the Diamond Line, received a Case ID #, and received a confirmation email 7 business days later. That was my first experience with a Diamond Override and I'm impressed!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Just had my first Diamond force this week for The Inn in Philly. Worked well. ^
Old Oct 21, 2005, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Condition One
Last week, I tried to book an award stay at the Scandic Palace in Tallinn, Estonia for next July. I don't know what's going on that weekend, but the hotel was sold out. I called the Diamond Line, received a Case ID #, and received a confirmation email 7 business days later. That was my first experience with a Diamond Override and I'm impressed!
As I remember, the Scandic Palace is not that large a hotel (though it's larger than the St. Barbara). Tallinn is one of the few places where I prefer a hotel other than a Hilton Family hotel (my favorite was the Radisson SAS).
Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Ah... Just got approval for my 3rd Points stay at a sold out hotel. They are as follows.
Most Recent: 5/10/15 Cert at Waldorf=Astoria for an upcoming friday
Previous: Cat2 in NH for NASCAR
First: GLONP2 or whatever in Paris ADT during Airshow...
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:38 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Just used a "forced" one-night award.

Kudos to the Diamond Desk! ^
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Will I get Lounge Access

Seems iffy.
Will definitely try.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
sorry, dupe
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

I get the same Diamond benefits on a forced award stay as I do on any stay. The desk makes no distinction.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Its worked for me a couple of times, domestic and international. (Disney World, Conrad Dublin, another one or two.)
It definately did NOT work in Rome for Pope John Paul II's funeral last spring.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I have done well with forced rooms award stays. To include Gatlinburg, TN on New years, Indy 500, and Waldorf this year for New Years.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA GS 1K, CO PLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG PLAT, Hyatt PLAT
I have ALWAYS been given a room as a diamond looking for a freebie. I love you Hilton!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.