Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Non-Refundable Advance Reservations and Room Rates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Refundable Advance Reservations and Room Rates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
So recently with AP stays, at check-out the hotel declines to provide a folio. What gives? Last two stays I eventually managed them to do so, but I've gotten the standard lies of "we can't print it out" to "sorry, we don't do that" to "you can get a receipt with the vendor you purchased the stay from" (that was Hilton.com).

Why are hotels trying to not give out the folios showing 0 balance?

I just want to ensure it is 0, and also that my car rental points post...
when this has happened to me, i always had trouble getting the points and stay credit. i think they were trying to treat it like it was a priceline stay.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by bearkatt
when this has happened to me, i always had trouble getting the points and stay credit. i think they were trying to treat it like it was a priceline stay.
OMG! I just booked a Jan sale APR for a US hotel, first time I did an APR for the US. So did not know you don't get a folio! I hope I won't have to fight for the points (incl AMEX online bonus, ongoing problem anyway).

All my APRs were overseas. You get a folio which starts off with the credit of the APR and the room rate subtracted off until the new balance is left, even if 0. All charges are detailed on the overseas folio.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
One way to ensure these credit properly is to book an incidental purchase to your room. This virtually guarantees any advance purchase stay will credit automatically.

I had this experience with stays Jan 26,27,28. All advance purchases on North American properties, all charged to "HILTON ADVANCE PURCHAS " within a day of booking.

The stays on 26 and 28 had incidental purchases and were credited within 72 hours. The stay on the 27th was room only and still has not posted. I had to ask for a printed folio on check-out - two pages showing "Balance 0.00". The other two stays with incidentals only had the incidentals listed, no room rate.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
It's very clear who booked it. The rate plan code is different depending on where it came from.
Good to know, thanks.

Originally Posted by serfty
One way to ensure these credit properly is to book an incidental purchase to your room. This virtually guarantees any advance purchase stay will credit automatically.

I had this experience with stays Jan 26,27,28. All advance purchases on North American properties, all charged to "HILTON ADVANCE PURCHAS " within a day of booking.

The stays on 26 and 28 had incidental purchases and were credited within 72 hours. The stay on the 27th was room only and still has not posted. I had to ask for a printed folio on check-out - two pages showing "Balance 0.00". The other two stays with incidentals only had the incidentals listed, no room rate.
I do this too.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I just had an AP stay at the HGI-JFK over the weekend and the folio was slipped under my door during the night (showing $0 balance). I checked the website just now and the stay credit had posted and the folio is visible on line.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hilton HHonors
Oh, that's a really good suggestion to charge something to your room!

I usually haven't had a problem with stays crediting. Even stays where we've used Hilton points have counted. So that is pretty cool
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Hilton recently had a promotion giving a big discount and free breakfast for prepaid reservations booked by January 31, 2010. That sounded great at first...

Given the huge snowstorm that just blew through DC and the east coast, and the one about to blow through, what is Hilton doing for guests on these rates who can't make it to the hotel but have prepaid rooms? Has anyone else run into this? I'm concerned about relatives who will likely not be able to fly out of DCA on Wednesday who have prepaid reservations for Wednesday night.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Given the huge snowstorm that just blew through DC and the east coast, and the one about to blow through, what is Hilton doing for guests on these rates who can't make it to the hotel but have prepaid rooms? Has anyone else run into this? I'm concerned about relatives who will likely not be able to fly out of DCA on Wednesday who have prepaid reservations for Wednesday night.
What To Do If Snow Cancels Nonrefundable Stay

I will talk to you tomorrow morning...
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Canarsie
What To Do If Snow Cancels Nonrefundable Stay

I will talk to you tomorrow morning...
Thanks -- that's exactly the info I was looking for.

....Until the AM...
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Ivory, TK Classic Plus, Car Hrtz PC, AVIS Pref, Hotel HH Dia, ICPC Gold, Marriot Gold
15% off Hilton Weekend - Advance Purchase

I reciveved the following code in a mailshot from Tesco in the UK.

PR09TC

15% off advance purchase b&b

You must use the following website www.hilton.co.uk/clubcardoffer

Only open to Tesco clubcard holders.

Must be booked by 31/03/2010

Must stay weekends between 01 Mar - 31st Dec 2010

Does not apply in some ME countries.

Full non refundable prepayment required. Must buy at least 21 days in advance.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:35 am

canceling non refundable reservations

i have a number of bookings coming up over the summer and unfortunately my travel plans must change.

they are sale non refundable fares.

to quote the reservaton:

If you cancel for any reason, attempt to modify this reservation, or do not arrive on your specified check-in date, your payment is non-refundable.

is there anyway to turn this into a credit or something? trying not to be completely out on these!

if it helps..... im a diamond.

thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Call the hotel and see if you can negotiate. Good luck, you will need it.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:34 am

this isnt something i should try and approach through the diamond desk?

thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
They will not be able to help you. It is now between you and the property manager.

Just remember that you booked a room under strick conditions.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a lot of properties will refund these type of reservations if there is a genuine reason, like weather conditions, cancelled flights, death in the family, illness, etc....

but at the end of the day it is up to the property if they want to give you the refund....i don't think hilton honors has anything to do with this....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.