Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I can say one thing I like about Marriott is the ability to book points nights, in advance, without having the points at the time you book.

Just an FYI….Hilton is selling miles with a 90-100% points bonus right now.

TD
Are they still? I only see that they were and it ended 2/9.

edit: Ah looks like there is 100% bonus til 3/11. Didn’t have email or offer about it, but see it if go to buy points.

Last edited by TravelPointsMeow; Feb 14, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:07 pm

it it ok to tip using US dollars at the Conrad?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by nasaflyer01
it it ok to tip using US dollars at the Conrad?
Yes
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:53 pm

Pooled some points and used the point buy bonus to top off to book a stay.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Does this property ever put a Diamond in the "King/Twin Garden View Suites" that are booked into on award/point bookings? What about the next level "Lagoon View Suites"? We have 7 night on combination points (garden suites) and paid (lagoon suites) and was wondering if there's any chance we don't get a Villa. We don't need something over the water but any villa with private pool would satisfy us.
Would say depends on when you're going. I booked nine nights on points /award certs (just came home yesterday) and was upgraded twice... From the standard room to a king horizon view with a pool 3 days out then to an overwater 1 day out. I'd say occupancy was around 25% so try to go off peak season to increase chances
freppa87 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:10 pm

Is it worth the Hassel to rebook my current reservation from Garden View to Lagoon View?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Calendar wide open for the entire year

Why is that the calendar shows 89,000 points a night but then when I try to reserve five nights it says 329,000 points plus like 195,000 francs = $1800 for the reservation?

Is there a points only option?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Probably the Standard Room Reward is no longer available for that date and it changes to a premium room reward. At least around my dates most days are already gone at the Standard Reward rate of 89k per night.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:40 am

Looks like all the 89K availability is gone again.

TD
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Looks like all the 89K availability is gone again.

TD
I think they found the glitch and pulled all the Lagoon View Suite from inventory. Congrats to everyone who booked in the last 24 hrs.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blivid316
Would say depends on when you're going. I booked nine nights on points /award certs (just came home yesterday) and was upgraded twice... From the standard room to a king horizon view with a pool 3 days out then to an overwater 1 day out. I'd say occupancy was around 25% so try to go off peak season to increase chances
We are going at the end of March, so transitioning to shoulder season. We would be happy with a king horizon view with pool. Did you reach out prior to inquire about Diamond upgrades or was the upgrade 3 days out automatic on the resort's end?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was able to snag another night to tack onto the end of our Conrad Bora Bora stay at the end of March. I need to change the Air Tahiti flight and the options are a 12:40 arrival or a 6:50pm arrival for the 9:10 United departure to SFO. Would the later flight be cutting it too close, and if so, what would be some ways to kill 8ish hours on Tahiti?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was able to snag another night to tack onto the end of our Conrad Bora Bora stay at the end of March. I need to change the Air Tahiti flight and the options are a 12:40 arrival or a 6:50pm arrival for the 9:10 United departure to SFO. Would the later flight be cutting it too close, and if so, what would be some ways to kill 8ish hours on Tahiti?

I suspect that 6:50pm arrival is to the PPT. PPT is fairly small airport so 2 hour window should more than be enough needed. But if you do want to stay on the SAFER side, tahiti is a fairly big island to explore. There is a small museum and some waterfall places you can visit. Setting up a small tour would be a good option.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:52 pm

When I was there last (JUST before COVID), the outbound US flights on United didn't open the ticket window and allow entry into the international terminal until 2 hours prior to takeoff. Therefore, if you truly arrive at 6:50pm, it is almost perfect timing. However, this was pre-COVID, so maybe it is different
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I would take the later flight unless you are planning to get a car or something to travel around Tahiti for the day. The airport is small, so there isn't much to do if you decide to take the earlier flight and stick around the airport. While we were on the TN flight, which is currently the last flight out of the night, we were on the afternoon departure which was delayed by about an hour and arrived around 6 pm. When we arrived we still had about 2 hours before the check-in desks opened even with the delay. The later inbound flight, which was also delayed, had plenty of people who were outbound on the UA flight. They did not seem to be in a rush while walking over to the UA check-in desks.

The open item (and relevant for this thread) is whether the resort would allow you to stay in your villa with the afternoon flight. We were given a 4 pm checkout, which was great for a Hilton branded property. This isn't a guarantee, however, so it's possible you could get dropped off at BOB earlier. I did see something about VT (Air Tahiti) now allowing flight changes, but perhaps there would be a fare difference.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.