Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors Million Miles Promotion: United States Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Million Miles Promotion: United States Only

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by lexie
works fine for me. I fill in my name, address, phone number, hhonors number, etc.
But it was not working when I posted. Now the link works from post 1 and my email.

Originally Posted by gsupstate
Finally, SUCCESS!! Now, I hope my already-booked Doubletree stay at SEA in October will count toward this...
Yes, I was successful registering from the email and it loaded quickly.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
took me the better part of an hour with numerous page not loading errors and reloads to finally get it to work-sheesh
Old Sep 12, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by goalie
took me the better part of an hour with numerous page not loading errors and reloads to finally get it to work-sheesh
worked for me ^
Old Sep 12, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Finally, it worked for me. And after how many tries over the past few days? And how much time did I spend? Grrrr.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, AA Platinum, LH Hon
CAREFUL -- If you win you need to pay taxes

I had a friend who won a tonne of points once and had to pay thousands of dollars in taxes on it. They issue a 1099 for about 1.5-2 cents per mile....thats a 20,000 to 15,000 addition to your taxes. Do the math to see if it is really worth it.

Lets say you use them for a 30K room night (Which is not that great a hotel) - and say the room would cost you $200 a night to buy outright. That's about $6500 if you paid for itself...and the tax on 20K may be more than that.

I don't think its that great a prize after the IRS gets their hands on it!! Especially as you would EARN points on rooms if you paid for itself.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Terms and conditions say winner will receive a 1099 for the "valuation" of the points at $10,000.00
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:58 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Car rent alone for entry?

The way I read the T&C, it seems u can just rent car from National to have an entry; only if u want the 250 HH bonus pnts that you must rent in conjunction w/stay. Reason I'm asking as planning on several rentals during National's 1-2 Free promotion and tying that in w/n'west's mountain of miles promo for NW miles.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Banie
Typical!

have to agree with you on this point.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FrAAmer
Terms and conditions say winner will receive a 1099 for the "valuation" of the points at $10,000.00
good to know, since I was not even thinking or looking at that.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Banie
Only open to US residents ...

Typical!
Originally Posted by acysb87
have to agree with you on this point.
It would be helpful if the poster initiating a new topic on the very infrequent Hilton promotions indicated the eligibility in the title of the thread. Just add "US only" or "Hilton Amex only" or whatever the major limitation is.

It would reduce the frustration for those of us who hold out a glimmer of hope for being able to take advantage of whatever scrap HHonors is throwing our way.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
It would be helpful if the poster initiating a new topic on the very infrequent Hilton promotions indicated the eligibility in the title of the thread. Just add "US only" or "Hilton Amex only" or whatever the major limitation is.

It would reduce the frustration for those of us who hold out a glimmer of hope for being able to take advantage of whatever scrap HHonors is throwing our way.

I edited my OP, but it only changed the small subject line just above it. I've PM'd one of the mods asking for help in this.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by aztimm
I edited my OP, but it only changed the small subject line just above it. I've PM'd one of the mods asking for help in this.
Thanks! I was thinking more about future promotions that may eventually come along. As the chances of winning this one are extremely slim (and zero for me) I wasn't too upset about this one. I still hold out hope for Hilton to surprise us with something to really get excited about, but I'm definitely NOT holding my breath.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Minor, but I'd call this more of a sweepstakes, than a promotion. Promotions give me something guaranteed for stays/nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.