FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Honors Million Miles Promotion: United States Only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/862833-honors-million-miles-promotion-united-states-only.html)

aztimm Sep 4, 2008 3:45 pm

Honors Million Miles Promotion: United States Only

I did a search that came up without anything that looked like this promotion. But if anyone finds a thread that matches this, please feel free to delete/merge threads.

A co-worker just came in my office and asked if I had registered for the Hilton/National Million Miles promotion. I hadn't heard of it. So she told me how she found it, and sure enough, here it is:

http://www.5millionreasons.com/index2.html

"Book a Hilton Family hotel stay at HiltonHHonors.com or rent a car from National Car Rental at nationalcar.com between September 1 and November 30, 2008. Complete your stay or rental by December 15, 2008, and you’ll automatically be entered in the drawing to win one of five grand prizes of one million HHonors bonus points.†"

You do need to register, and there's a button to do that from the link above (bottom right).

Banie Sep 4, 2008 4:53 pm

Only open to US residents ...

Typical!

Sabre1 Sep 5, 2008 6:48 am

I registered, though the odds of winning are probably astronomical!

mnredfox Sep 5, 2008 6:53 am

Just registered. Like all giveaways, the chance of me winning is zero.

DH Sep 5, 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 10315787)

May be close to zero not zero. :D

satori Sep 5, 2008 8:50 am

The contest rules state you can register online for the promotion up to two times per day through November 30. Earn 174 entries by starting today and diligently reregistering for the next 86 days without spending a penny.

I wrote about this sweepstakes today on my blog.

JDiver Sep 5, 2008 9:13 am

Your chances of not winning are zero if you do not register. If you register, they must be at least slightly better than zero. ;)

Originally Posted by Sabre1 (Post 10315768)
I registered, though the odds of winning are probably astronomical!

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 10315787)

Djlawman Sep 5, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks for the heads up.

There is, BTW, a Travel Sweepstakes forum under Travel & Dining.

As to zero, you can't win if you don't play. As someone who has won a trip to Paris from our PBS station, 2 AA tickets in the US from Nissan, and a trip to San Fran. from Starwood, I'll be playing.

So, thanks, to any of you who don't want to play -- improves my odds!!

Sabre1 Sep 5, 2008 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by satori (Post 10316444)
The contest rules state you can register online for the promotion up to two times per day through November 30. Earn 174 entries by starting today and diligently reregistering for the next 86 days without spending a penny.

Now that's an interesting spin on increasing the odds (ever so slightly)!

azepine00 Sep 5, 2008 1:23 pm

I opened the thread thinking hilton finally put a promo out... But I guess the marketing budget all went to olympics ads.

And you know what can really increase the winning odds? Other chains!

Hyatt: FFN
SPG: smth meaningful TBA this month
MR: Megabonus
IC: quarterly promos

HH: sweepstakes?!... :rolleyes:

gsupstate Sep 12, 2008 8:34 am

Just got my email. I get "The Page Cannot be Displayed" when I click the link....

MisterNice Sep 12, 2008 8:51 am

Originally Posted by gsupstate (Post 10357624)
Just got my email. I get "The Page Cannot be Displayed" when I click the link....

Same here. Why not have it work as advertised. Crappy CS and IT.

MisterNice

cynicalflyer Sep 12, 2008 8:52 am

Originally Posted by gsupstate (Post 10357624)

My link lead to http://www.5millionreasons.com/index5.html but I could not get a page to come up.

Phil2016 Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am

Originally Posted by MisterNice (Post 10357733)
Same here. Why not have it work as advertised. Crappy CS and IT.

MisterNice

Me too. I LOVE Hhonors IT!

gsupstate Sep 12, 2008 9:06 am

Originally Posted by satori (Post 10316444)

...but you're only entered when you book & stay (or drive I guess). Why would multiple registrations matter much?