Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

ROKU KYOTO, LXR Hotels & Resorts {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexusCFX
Diamond Benefits:
  • Complimentary breakfast.
  • Priority free upgrade.
    • As per reservations via email "Room upgrade is up to Premier Deluxe Room based on Diamond member benefit at ROKU KYOTO."
  • You get Experience Credit 10,000JPY for the first night and 5,000JPY per each nights after second night.
Print Wikipost

ROKU KYOTO, LXR Hotels & Resorts {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios
Arrow ROKU KYOTO, LXR Hotels & Resorts {JPN}

For anyone travelling to Osaka/Kyoto for next year Sakura season, the ROKU KYOTO is now bookable with miles at 95K or standard weekend certificate. I have booked 3 nights for end of March 2022 using weekend certificates.The CPM is off the charts as the king room I booked was a staggering $1,734.00US per night.Is this the best CPM redemption out there for Hilton right now??
Old Apr 24, 2021, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Opening Fall 2021

Hi,

Looks like a very good use of points IMO.

The website has some beautiful pictures

https://lxrhotels3.hilton.com/lxr/roku-kyoto/

Opens on 16th September per

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...th-roku-kyoto/

I was looking at prices for November ( fall colours) and the hotel wants Y164k ( GBP 1100 or c $1400 per night ( or 95k HH points). Apart from maybe some island resorts this must be one of the better value points ( the Conrad Osaka is the same price in points but is only Y52k pn) so the Roku Kyoto is 3x the value. ( even the Hilton Osaka is 70k points per night)

It is in the north western part of Kyoto in the Shozan resort area and relatively close to the kinkaju-ki golden temple ( maybe 1k to 1.5k by quick looking at a map) but maybe a little far from railway lines

Regards

TBS
lsquare and Tilto007 like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 24, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I noticed this hotel when it popped up a couple of days ago. We are thinking of trying for a 3rd time lucky attempt next Spring, in which case I think I would happily add this hotel at 95k per night to our schedule if it allows. The standard rooms also allow for 3 guests, which is good for us travelling with a child. I'll just need to factor in the additional person charge for a 3rd guest, which isn't stated on the website at present.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It looks like the property has removed their standard room from inventory for the time being. They've also removed the far in the future rates they were listing at some sort of very low default rate. I made bookings through to 2023.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It looks like the property has removed their standard room from inventory for the time being. They've also removed the far in the future rates they were listing at some sort of very low default rate. I made bookings through to 2023.
Yeah, the hotel started playing game.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:52 am

Kicking myself so hard

This hotel has been on my radar for a year, and I’ve been stalking it to see if it would a 95,000 property. When booking opened, my dates were all available, and since I had a big points stay coming up rather than purchase the points I’d need to book my 5 nights here, I thought I’d wait and see. Now there’s not a single night. Just my luck. Anyone care to check their crystal ball to tell me if the standard rooms might come back? We were looking at the first week of April. I know. So
stupid of me. I should’ve booked as soon as I saw it. But it’s looking like I might need brain surgery and didn’t want to splash out for points if there was a chance we couldn’t go.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:13 am
Original Poster

I booked right away as I knew once people compared the cash rate to 95K points , the redemption price of 95K nightly looked really cheap. I am thinking that they will open up some dates at the 95K rate again but it will probably be close in bookings when they can be assured of no chance of cash stays. One thing that I have learned using points is that when something appears to be a very good deal book it right away. It will almost certainly disappear.. You can always cancel for a full refund. With this hotel I actually booked a second room for my daughter and her husband just in case they decided to join us.I knew the 95k would not last long with cash rates over 1700USD per night for my late March 2022 stay.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Tilto007
I booked right away as I knew once people compared the cash rate to 95K points , the redemption price of 95K nightly looked really cheap. I am thinking that they will open up some dates at the 95K rate again but it will probably be close in bookings when they can be assured of no chance of cash stays. One thing that I have learned using points is that when something appears to be a very good deal book it right away. It will almost certainly disappear.. You can always cancel for a full refund. With this hotel I actually booked a second room for my daughter and her husband just in case they decided to join us.I knew the 95k would not last long with cash rates over 1700USD per night for my late March 2022 stay.
You’re so right. I knew I should’ve jumped on it. Now I hate myself. Oh well. We may still have to cancel our trip regardless, so it’ll hurt less if it ends up being a moot point. And if I did just blow this once-in-a-lifetime chance, I guess I can blame the brain tumor.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by April Dae Jimmeye
You’re so right. I knew I should’ve jumped on it. Now I hate myself. Oh well. We may still have to cancel our trip regardless, so it’ll hurt less if it ends up being a moot point. And if I did just blow this once-in-a-lifetime chance, I guess I can blame the brain tumor.
I am sure you will get a chance to book again at the 95k rate, Good luck with your surgery
Old May 7, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
I was able to book 12/31-1/4 when it first became available, soon to find out all the standard rate is either gone or taken away purposely. Now just hoping Japan will open up by end of this year.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:51 pm

How is the location of this place for Kyoto? I know the Park Hyatt Kyoto is right in the middle of some famous buildings and sites, and this is not in the same location. Will it still be easy to navigate around Kyoto?
Old May 7, 2021, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by blackzarg
How is the location of this place for Kyoto? I know the Park Hyatt Kyoto is right in the middle of some famous buildings and sites, and this is not in the same location. Will it still be easy to navigate around Kyoto?
It's near Kinkaku-ji, which is to say it's not close to what one might call the denser core of Kyoto like the Park Hyatt is. If you go any further north or west you basically hit undeveloped area that is still hills/mountains. That is part of the appeal for some folks, it's very much a resort property and you'll find similar in the area such as Aman Kyoto which is just up the road.

However, as a tourist, Kyoto is easily traversed by taxi which are plentiful and inexpensive. When traveling as 2 or 3 people you'll find that a taxi is often competitive with transit for medium distances due to it being a flat rate vs per-person bus/train fares.

You can even use the Uber app to get a taxi from any arbitrary point A to B (unless Uber has pulled out of Japan since I was there last year) which can be helpful when trying to get to some arcane ramen shop located on a random street, or trying to get picked up in a less busy area, or if you're not comfortable communicating where you're trying to go to the driver.

In summary, I don't think it will have any dramatic impact on your ability to tour Kyoto. However, naturally, it has an impact on the feeling of the surrounding area which will not be built-up and as busy as the immediate surroundings of the Park Hyatt and the Ritz-Carlton. This isn't exactly a great comparison but the area is going to feel closer in its vibe to Suiran Kyoto than to those other luxury properties.
Tilto007 likes this.

Last edited by nexusCFX; May 7, 2021 at 10:59 pm
Old May 13, 2021, 6:16 pm

It looks like 95k award availability is open again. I just booked 5 nights for 380k in late March 2022. Cash nights would have been $1200 each, so a great deal!
Old May 14, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It's near Kinkaku-ji, which is to say it's not close to what one might call the denser core of Kyoto like the Park Hyatt is. If you go any further north or west you basically hit undeveloped area that is still hills/mountains. That is part of the appeal for some folks, it's very much a resort property and you'll find similar in the area such as Aman Kyoto which is just up the road.

However, as a tourist, Kyoto is easily traversed by taxi which are plentiful and inexpensive. When traveling as 2 or 3 people you'll find that a taxi is often competitive with transit for medium distances due to it being a flat rate vs per-person bus/train fares.

You can even use the Uber app to get a taxi from any arbitrary point A to B (unless Uber has pulled out of Japan since I was there last year) which can be helpful when trying to get to some arcane ramen shop located on a random street, or trying to get picked up in a less busy area, or if you're not comfortable communicating where you're trying to go to the driver.

In summary, I don't think it will have any dramatic impact on your ability to tour Kyoto. However, naturally, it has an impact on the feeling of the surrounding area which will not be built-up and as busy as the immediate surroundings of the Park Hyatt and the Ritz-Carlton. This isn't exactly a great comparison but the area is going to feel closer in its vibe to Suiran Kyoto than to those other luxury properties.
Is the Uber App still working in SE Asia? I thought they pulled out well over a year ago, at least in the Philippines there is no more Uber, Grab is the only option.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:48 am

Deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.