Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mb123
Stayed here during Easter time/ Songkran =Thai New Year. Even if the hotel was fully booked, there were only 2 couples at Jahn. It was announced as a special dinner event for Songkran.
Menu attached. Food was ok, but nothing special regarding the price tag. (175$ ++) and definitely not at Michelin Star level.
Some friends currently staying there sent me their menu ( left one was their special kids menu).
They also did the elephant sanctuary and really enjoyed it with their 3,5 years old.

Gosh, Jahn is open again? We were at the Conrad KS late March/early April for 10 nights and it was closed other than for private dining with menus created in collaboration with the chef. Basically, the only evening venue available was Zest and although the restaurant and the staff were excellent, it would have been nice to have had a change of scenery although I agree with MB123 that it wasn’t Michelin standard when we ate there on a previous trip but it was certainly different and worth at least one visit. It will be interesting to hear if Jahn opened just for Songkran or if it’s now back as a permanent feature.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
During Songkran, Hotel was fully booked, i guess 90% Thai, an indian Wedding group and 2-3 western families.
Breakfast was served at Zest and despite additional tables at Ko Lounge, there were not enough tables for all guests .
Azure was also open for dinner, same menu all day.
Jahn open every day, but needed 24hrs advance reservation.
Abidjan, PlaneSpeaking and DFW1003 like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:51 am

Thanks for posting the menu!
While not Michelin quality, the menu looks interesting enough, that I think it'll be worth it to change things up one night and dine at Jahn!

We've got several Michelin starred reservations lined up in Singapore (and hopefully also in Bangkok -- too early to book), so we will get the opportunity to see how Jahn compares to Sorn and Le Du (assuming the Waldorf Astoria concierge team can get us in to both of those restaurants!).

Thanks again for posting! I'm sure the menu will change by July and I'm guessing that's why Ms. Amy at the Conrad KS didn't send me a menu.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:25 am
G4L

Dumb question but which suite do you guys recommend me booking:
  • 1 Bedroom Premium Ocean View Pool Villa
  • 1-Bedroom Five Islands View Pool Villa
  • 1-Bedroom Ocean View Infinity Pool Villa
Based on what I've read on this thread, it looks like the 3rd level has the best view so I'm leaning towards the Five Islands villa. What do you guys recommend between the 3 villas?
Old May 11, 2022, 11:18 am

Noticed that all award availability was suddenly removed from August 1 onwards. Not even premium award availability showing, just so no rooms available when searching on points. Seems unusual.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:11 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by partsunknown
Noticed that all award availability was suddenly removed from August 1 onwards. Not even premium award availability showing, just so no rooms available when searching on points. Seems unusual.
Nothing available in June or July as well..
Old May 19, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by jxd
Nothing available in June or July as well..
Check again. June and July are wide open - standard award avail every day (screenshot of July below). Meanwhile, still nothing starting on August 1. Must be intentional, and not actually booked up, given the lack of any sort of award avail for all those months (standard, premium, etc). Hilton has no clue either.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:46 pm

Is the property going to be closing or being sold or not affiliated with Hilton?
Old May 20, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
why would you be asking?
Old May 21, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
why would you be asking?
Due to completely removing HH award inventory. I think its unlikely, but its odd that it has not been updated for a while now.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:27 pm

Pretty frustrating. I am going to Thailand in November and availability was wide open when I looked a month or so ago so I figured I would wait just in case any covid weirdness closed the country down again, now availability ends in July.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:44 pm

Looks like you can book longer stays. 7 days or longer for reward stays but anything shorter doesn't show up. Wonder if they will release shorter stays closer we get
Moflav likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:34 pm

Checked again today to see if they would open up August and instead see that they removed all June/July availability. I do availability for 7 night stays up until mid-November (ironically it ends the day before I'd like to arrive, not that I want to spend 7 nights here)
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:24 am

I cancelled two nights in July booked with points, hoping the room would go back to award inventory, so I can rebook using free night certs. The nights never became available. The hotel must have done something to disable award booking, not because of availability of standard rooms.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:13 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
This hotel is now playing games with award availability. Standard rooms are not showing as available when booking points no matter which date you use. Contact the Diamond line to report this + send the email to the diamond desk. This really needs to stop.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.