Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Bayfront {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Bayfront {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Anyone have trouble using the MVP rate at this property?

Claims "SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED" & would like to make sure since I'm booking for someone else.

Last edited by jacobguo; Apr 14, 2016 at 3:51 am
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I just completed a weeklong stay at this property. The building is very modern with stunning views in every direction. Great pool and conference areas.

No upgrade as a HH Diamond. Welcome amenity is two bottles of water. Additional bottles are $3.75. Requested foam pillows at online check in, but none were in the room. It took two more calls to get the pillows. Service generally inattentive. I received daily email solicitations from their sales department as well as unwanted phone calls from their time-share saleswoman.

Vela, the only restaurant inside the building was closed for lunch the entire week. There is a Fox Sports Grill outside the building. Self parking is now $35/night.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Tanic
No upgrade as a HH Diamond.
I know they were sold out on Wednesday night, as were virtually all the properties around the conference center.

But doesn't sound like Diamond gets you much here.

For such a nice city, SD really lacks in good hotel options.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any recent stays? How's Diamond breakfast benefit?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
My stay was back in August, but underwhelming breakfast benefit at the onsite restaurant - free continental buffet, $10 "upgrade" to full buffet. They did also let you use your coupon for ~ $10 in free stuff at the onsite Starbucks, which actually was kind of nice because there were no time restrictions and the Starbucks had decent packaged food.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any recent stays? How's Diamond breakfast benefit?
Just stayed their last week for work. Nice property and in my case I had a nice view on the 20th floor. The breakfast thing is something Im getting used to, but I expense the difference so it is what it is. The only gripe I had was the bacon, not at all crispy, but everything else was fine. Forewarned, the line at Starbucks can be long.

i like being within walking distance to touristy stuff and this hotel delivers.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks everybody. Same kinda deal as Gaslamp, where I always stay when my choice.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The line at Starbucks can be long is an understatement! Yesterday it stretched so far I could not see the end. We did not use our coupons.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Stayed here last week and don't think I'll be back. As said not really any diamond recognition, long lines at check-in (even as a diamond), underwhelming breakfast. Views from my room where basically over a huge truck parking lot with a couple of oil containers and the Coronado bridge looming further away.

The final letdown was (i) first ca $1,000 pending charge on my card, and (ii) they tried to charge me around $150 more for my stay than what my rate stated. When I noted the difference at check-out got mainly the comment that it's good that I noticed. No apologies at all. Oh yeah, and also the flush on my toilet was broken.

I liked San Diego as a city but it was not because of my stay at the Hilton.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Sounds like a place to avoid given the option. Whos had better luck at other properties. Gaslamp has been my go to and I've stayed three times in the last two months so I was ready for something new for next week. Bringing my 8 yo so like to have things nearby to do and gotta say breakfast is a dealbreaker for me. Even the gaslamp has the 10$ upcharge for a subpar breakfast and last time they accidentally put ground meat in my vegetarian omlet.....no words.

Any experience with La Jolla or other properties?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by dealOCD
Sounds like a place to avoid given the option. Whos had better luck at other properties. Gaslamp has been my go to and I've stayed three times in the last two months so I was ready for something new for next week. Bringing my 8 yo so like to have things nearby to do and gotta say breakfast is a dealbreaker for me. Even the gaslamp has the 10$ upcharge for a subpar breakfast and last time they accidentally put ground meat in my vegetarian omlet.....no words.

Any experience with La Jolla or other properties?
My stays at the HGI Bayside have been good. Breakfast was definitely a step up from the standard HGI breakfast. Little Italy area right behind the hotel. Easy access to downtown and airport. It has a nice courtyard area with some decent happy hour deals, hotel restaurant is expensive otherwise. I like the Gaslamp when I stayed there but the breakfast was pretty poor and refused to pay extra. This property looked like someplace I didnt want to stay at purely do to size and while "just across the street" from all that is the GaLamp area it seemed out of the way. Just my two cents.....
dealOCD likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Any other recent stays? I will be staying there for a few days after Xmas. This is our first time to San Diego.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Booked this property for the weekend after Thanksgiving, have been infrequently checking the rates as I've gotten lucky sometimes and been able to rebook at lower prices at other properties.

This property appears to now be adding a $35 "Urban Destination" charge per night. The details suggest you get a $35 credit for on site F&B. Nonetheless that is an absolute nonsense that is forcing you to eat on site. Having booked a rate before they introduced this there will be mega DYKWIA should they attempt to levy that on check in.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:24 pm

Hilton San Diego Bayfront

Has anyone stayed here recently? Would you recommend it or a different Hilton property in San Diego central (I don't want to stay in Coronado). What are they providing for Diamonds for breakfast? I was reading some reviews that say it's really hard to get a reservation for a spot at the pool. My kid really wants to swim...
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:10 am

I returned from a stay here. The hotel seemed quiet (low occupancy). We enjoyed our stay. The pool area is fabulous and we had no problem getting a reservation to use it for the next day in the 4pm to 6pm time slot. The staff were universally nice and friendly. We got an upgrade to a room with a great view of the bay for being Diamond.
Cons - the rooms are a little dated and could use new carpets. The bathroom was decent though.
Diamond breakfast - $15 a day per room. Starbucks is closed so you have to use it in the Odyssey restaurant. All you can get for that is two coffees. A latte or a capuccino is $7.50, tax and tip additional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.