Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:15 pm

Do award nights book up that quickly during ski season, or does the hotel block standard rooms? They don’t have a single night available from January through mid-March.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Do award nights book up that quickly during ski season, or does the hotel block standard rooms? They don’t have a single night available from January through mid-March.
That's what I'm also trying to find out (similar question 2 posts above).
I know it is possible to get standard award during ski season, since I have a firsthand experience of doing so in Feb.
But it could be that this property does not release such inventory until a week or two prior.
It'd be nice to get a more definitive info on that, though.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone stayed here on a Fine Hotels and Resorts booking and if so what breakfast benefits and upgrades are offered?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
To answer my own question above, the FHR breakfast credit is $30 per person for two people.

I recently stayed here, I thought the property was quite nice.

They charge a $40 a day resort fee, which they say includes WIFI, valet parking, fitness center access, in town shuttle, tea and coffee in lobby and nightly smores.

Due to COVID, there is no in town shuttle, no tea and coffee in lobby, no smores. The front desk said there was coffee in the restaurant and I did see a coffee machine and cups by the hostess podium, so maybe there is still free coffee of some sort. Fitness center is still open 24 hours but by appointment only. So there may be a basis to argue for reduction of the resort fee if you're inclined, I didn't attempt this.

Some of the rooms are on ground level (4th floor), I think you want 5th floor or above.

Note that if you order room service they tack on a delivery fee and a 20ish percent service charge, that's not well advertised. And your room service bill with service charge included will say "gratuity not included."

No service charge if you eat in the restaurant.

Drove to Mirror Lake, thought it was beautiful.

Drove to Strawberry Reservoir, saw some dead fish.

Ate at Baan Thai restaurant and 501 on Main in town, both very good. Easy free parking just off main street at the "Flagpole Lot" which is on Google Maps.

Last edited by jphripjah; Oct 30, 2020 at 9:37 pm
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:30 am

I finally spoke to a knowledgeable individual at the resort who informed me that they do not offer standard awards during ski season, as they combine their standards rooms with other rooms to create larger suites (lockouts). Accordingly, they do not sell standard rooms from December 15th through April 10th.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by TTT103
I finally spoke to a knowledgeable individual at the resort who informed me that they do not offer standard awards during ski season, as they combine their standards rooms with other rooms to create larger suites (lockouts). Accordingly, they do not sell standard rooms from December 15th through April 10th.
I don’t think your source is 100% accurate. I was just able to book a long weekend on NYE on points.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ngalliance
I don’t think your source is 100% accurate. I was just able to book a long weekend on NYE on points.
I was also able to get a five night award over Martin Luther King weekend so they are definitely available.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by charliew24
I was also able to get a five night award over Martin Luther King weekend so they are definitely available.
I also booked a 5 night reservation over MLK. Platinum member, was told by concierge that they will upgrade me to a 1 bed suite. They couldn't guarantee me early check in and said latest check out would be 2PM.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:50 pm

Seems everything's different this year.
Standard awards really cheap and now much more readily available.
Only 63k pts! Last year was like 87k.
(Doubletree Yarrow's only 42k... last year was 60k)
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:19 pm

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Waldorf for MLK weekend. They were charging 63k HH a night which seemed cheaper than normal especially considering it’s peak season and a holiday weekend (but no Sundance). Paid 252k for four nights and got the fifth free. Prior to my final booking, the hotel kept shifting around standard room availability, which was pretty annoying.

As a Diamond member I got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, with the breakfast credit as well. One night we tried to order room service at midnight and somehow they were out of sandwiches (????) and only had 4 different types of salads available. The next day when we got back to the room the hotel had left us a bottle of champagne as an apology. Hotel had unlimited smores every night and the hot tub and pool were both open.

My one complaint would probably be the location — since it’s located in Canyons Village as opposed to the main Park City area, there are limited options for food unless you take the shuttle. Also, the gondola that takes you to the base of the mountain is excruciatingly slow so it doesn’t feel like a true ski in/ski out experience. Granted, the Canyons area is much nicer skiing and less crowded IMO. The ski valet was super convenient and they warmed my boots every morning which was very very nice. If I could do it again I probably would have requested to stay on the side facing the pool area, the other side doesn't have as nice of a view.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by mister.donut

My one complaint would probably be the location — since it’s located in Canyons Village as opposed to the main Park City area, there are limited options for food unless you take the shuttle. Also, the gondola that takes you to the base of the mountain is excruciatingly slow so it doesn’t feel like a true ski in/ski out experience. Granted, the Canyons area is much nicer skiing and less crowded IMO. The ski valet was super convenient and they warmed my boots every morning which was very very nice. If I could do it again I probably would have requested to stay on the side facing the pool area, the other side doesn't have as nice of a view.
Note, this property is not near the Canyons village, it's nearly a mile away (by car, closer as the crow flies, or one can walk in summer but not winter). And, it's no where near a bus stop. Really bad location except in winter when the Waldorf gondola is operating (it doesn't in summer).
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: A few
Just made a booking here for early March. Does the hotel ever upgrade lowly Golds at all? Curious if occupancy is low due to Covid whether there is any hope of getting one of the suites
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
How does the spa work currently with covid rules? Do you have to have a treatment to use the general facilities?

Staying here next weekend, was able to get a fantastic value on points/FNC. Celebrating a birthday so I wonder if calling them ahead will increase the likelihood of an upgrade?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Waldorf Astoria Park City - What to expect as a Diamond?

Hi Everyone,

Before you flame me, I already searched and couldn't find any recent results on the topic. I'll be staying at the Waldorf Park City for three nights from Sunday - Tuesday. I'm a Hilton Diamond. Anyone have recent experience staying there during the pandemic? Specifically, wondering about the facilities that are open / closed (e.g. is the shuttle still running to downtown Park City? - inconsistent information online about that), can you ski down to the gondola across the street? What's the ski service like? Any reviews on rooms, amenities, upgrades, free breakfast for Diamonds, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Hi Everyone,

Before you flame me, I already searched and couldn't find any recent results on the topic. I'll be staying at the Waldorf Park City for three nights from Sunday - Tuesday. I'm a Hilton Diamond. Anyone have recent experience staying there during the pandemic? Specifically, wondering about the facilities that are open / closed (e.g. is the shuttle still running to downtown Park City? - inconsistent information online about that), can you ski down to the gondola across the street? What's the ski service like? Any reviews on rooms, amenities, upgrades, free breakfast for Diamonds, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I do not have experience during winter but I stayed there late summer last year in pandemic times. From my recollection, everything was opened but with restrictions (for example you had to make an appointment for the gym), and the shuttle was not running while I was there. You would have to walk to the gondola across the street to take it up to the base, but you’ll be able to ski back down to the hotel through the golf course I believe. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite for my 5 night stay, which if you can swing it I would highly recommend. It had tons of space, full kitchen with everything you would need, bar seating, living room, dining table, two full bathrooms, washer/dryer, etc. Breakfast credit was $25 per person per day, but since it was just myself they gave me the whole $50 which was great, otherwise I would have gone over the allotment each day as it was only a la carte due to pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.