Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai The Walk {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've never had an issues with the Exec lounge access as Diamond, and I've always had decent upgrades as well.

Though of course the Conrad used to be a great property as well, and look at that now, so I hope there's no truth in the rumours at The Walk...
What rumors about the walk? I can tell you that I just got back Oct 1 stay at Conrad and it was horrible. The exec lounge was bad. The room was okay I guess. It was not a Conrad.

Then staye at the Walk Oct 15th and was really wowed! I don’t want to stay anywhere else in Dubai anymore.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Any recent experiences of this Hotel? Considering a week here later this spring.

Lounge access/quality, diamond treatment etc.?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Any recent experiences of this Hotel? Considering a week here later this spring.

Lounge access/quality, diamond treatment etc.?
Top of the line. Michael Mundia the GM goes above and beyond for diamonds and will upgrade you to almost whatever room you like. The lounge has amazing amenities and the shift managers on duty always check up on their diamonds to make sure they’re having a pleasant stay.

This is the only place to stay over in Dubai in my opinion. Especially as a Diamond.
Dambus likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Top of the line. Michael Mundia the GM goes above and beyond for diamonds and will upgrade you to almost whatever room you like. The lounge has amazing amenities and the shift managers on duty always check up on their diamonds to make sure they’re having a pleasant stay.

This is the only place to stay over in Dubai in my opinion. Especially as a Diamond.
Great to hear. Any benefit is mailing the hotel before arrival re upgrades or just trust and leave until check-in?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Great to hear. Any benefit is mailing the hotel before arrival re upgrades or just trust and leave until check-in?
Yes, as a diamond you should email the GM, Michael Mundia before arrival. He will upgrade you and give ensure you are looked after. They also have a pretty good discounted deal on car transfers to/from the airport. They’ve offered diamonds 150 Dirhams round trip. Mr. Mundia is the most flexible and generous GM I have found in the Hilton family. In fact he’s told me to give out his email.

Best Hilton property in Dubai bar-none.

Michael Mundia: [email protected]

Last edited by NWplatinum; Feb 17, 2020 at 3:30 am
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
That's probably a stretch, but certainly for lounge and upgrades it's up there. It's getting older now and it's starting to show; and there aren't enough lifts for the amount of rooms so when occupancy is high you can wait forever for a lift.

That said, it remains my go-to hotel when with the family. When on my own for business, the very idea of having to get on/off JBR in the evening is enough to steer me clear of any property down there.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Yes, as a diamond you should email the GM, Michael Mundia before arrival. He will upgrade you and give ensure you are looked after. They also have a pretty good discounted deal on car transfers to/from the airport. They’ve offered diamonds 150 Dirhams round trip. Mr. Mundia is the most flexible and generous GM I have found in the Hilton family. In fact he’s told me to give out his email.

Michael Mundia: [email protected]
Very timely - I just booked our 4 nights points stay after seeing your message - we are Diamonds..

How much in advance did you email? 2 weeks maybe?

We are flying emirates A380 first class from US-DXB with 4 nights stopover in DXB before continuing on to Seychelles
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Very timely - I just booked our 4 nights points stay after seeing your message - we are Diamonds..

We are flying emirates A380 first class from US-DXB with 4 nights stopover in DXB before continuing on to Seychelles
Flying EK F you don't need to arrange a transfer with the hotel as you'll get the EK chauffeur service for your stopover (unless it's a miles ticket?).

I've never emailed the property unless I've been arriving very early or very late, and I've always had good service and upgrades.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Flying EK F you don't need to arrange a transfer with the hotel as you'll get the EK chauffeur service for your stopover (unless it's a miles ticket?).

I've never emailed the property unless I've been arriving very early or very late, and I've always had good service and upgrades.
AS miles ticket so I'm guessing I won't be able to get chauffeur - although - my wife has her AS # attached, but I managed to attach my EK number. I wonder if that would enable transfer.

We'll be landing around 7:45 pm and I need to determine if I try to just take taxi or arrange transfer through emirates or through the hotel.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I agree Michael Mundia is a great GM.
He is very accommodating and goes above and beyond
we have had many nice stays at Hilton Dubai The Walk
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:27 am

AS miles ticket so I'm guessing I won't be able to get chauffeur - although - my wife has her AS # attached, but I managed to attach my EK number. I wonder if that would enable transfer.

We'll be landing around 7:45 pm and I need to determine if I try to just take taxi or arrange transfer through emirates or through the hotel.
No - if it's miles you don't get the chauffeur. Doesn't matter what status level you are. The only exception being paid J tickets which are upgraded to F using points do still get the service.

Just take an Uber when you get to DXB.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:30 pm

Email him the sooner the better. He will see if he can do an upgrade there. Also let him know what you want if it’s just a couple, or a family they can usually arrange a two bedroom suite.
Carl Christensen likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:32 pm

Arrange transfer through the hotel. For diamonds Michael Mundia will do a 150 Dirham round trip which is peanuts plus driver will be waiting for you to whisk you to the hotel.
Carl Christensen likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Email him the sooner the better. He will see if he can do an upgrade there. Also let him know what you want if it’s just a couple, or a family they can usually arrange a two bedroom suite.
we are traveling Jan 2021 - you would email now? Or sooner?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Sooner than now?
krazykanuck likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.