Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai The Walk {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:33 am
cjd
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Dubai The Walk {ARE}

The Hilton Jumeirah Beach Residence hotel is to open September 2007. The 44-storey tower will have 371 guest rooms and apartments, each complementing different guests' needs. Apartment types range from one-bedroom right through to four-bedroom, including five loft and two penthouse apartments. Dining facilities include an all-day restaurant, a speciality cuisine restaurant as well as a bar. To complete the residential experience, the complex also offers a health club, swimming pool and garage parking. The hotel will be linked with a bridge to Hilton's existing Dubai beach property, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort.
See: http://business.maktoob.com/hotelnew...20061113060421

Last edited by cjd; Dec 18, 2006 at 8:03 am
Old Dec 21, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Was at the Manager's Cocktail Party last month at the Hilton JB. The Operations Director said that another 2 additional properties are to open with one being on the Palm Jumeirah.

Not sure if this is the one that is to be branded a Conrad.

cheers

alan
Old Dec 24, 2006, 7:57 pm

The Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort is a Cat. 6 (40k per night). Any guess as to what the Jumeirah Beach Residence will be? Will there be a new Category setup for this hotel or just 'Not Applicable' for point redemption?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Branded as a W=A

A few weeks ago, I was chatting with someone at Hilton corporate about the new resorts that'd be entering the system.... and she mentioned this property, but she also told me that it would be branded as a Waldorf=Astoria property. Perhaps something has changed since then, but that may give some guidance on how reward stays would be valued at this property.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences hotel REVIEW (opened Dec 1st)

Hello everyone,

I just got back from Dubai and I stayed in the newly opened (Dec 1st) Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences. I am a Diamond member and I used 170k pts for a stay on Saturday Dec 3 for 4 nights. I got a nice upgrade to a Kind Studio Deluxe room. Had a nice kitchen area with bar, nice seating area, balcony, nice bed etc. I had free internet and free breakfast at The Hartisan which was simply GREAT. The front desk at the resort said that I didn't get access to their executive lounge despite being Diamond...I really didn't care because throughout the day until 10pm I was out touring the city anyway.

The hotel staff was great...room service was exceptional...I got an extension to my checkout until 3pm. Walking through the lobby everyday, I literally got 4-5 hello's and good mornings from every staff member...they were quite honestly TOOO nice lol.

I spent my last day at the Mall of Emirates and the hotel held onto my luggage because my 15hr flt back to Atlanta wasn't until 11pm. I had access to the beach at the resort right across the street (the street was a single lane 1 way street so it wasn't far to walk). The connecting bridge wasn't open just yet, but walking next door took 30 seconds. Go right inside the resort lobby and head to the beach...they had a nice poolside bar as well. The Arabian sea is quite salty might I add.

I happened to lose my watch while I was laying at the beach and didnt notice until 45 min later when I was back in my room. I came back to the beach and the workers had found it and returned it to me. If this had been in the U.S.A., it wouldve been stolen...lol. Got to love the strict laws in the U.A.E.

Up until this stay, the Hilton Miami South beach was my favorite Hilton hotel, but now this takes the torch...AMAZING.

Thoughts/Opinions??

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ences/index.do

lobby

hotel restaurant

King Studio Deluxe

view from balcony

Last edited by alrvd83; Dec 11, 2011 at 1:37 pm
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Thanks alrvd83 - looks like a great addition to the Hilton fold in Dubai.

Is there a separate Exec lounge at the property? Or was the reference to the Exec lounge at the main hotel nextdoor? Either way, a bit surprising they explicity denied access.

-- Dambus
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Dambus
Thanks alrvd83 - looks like a great addition to the Hilton fold in Dubai.

Is there a separate Exec lounge at the property? Or was the reference to the Exec lounge at the main hotel nextdoor? Either way, a bit surprising they explicity denied access.

-- Dambus
Oh yea..its quite nice.

There is no exec lounge at the property. The exec lounge is at the Resort, which is right across the street. When I went over there and told them I was a diamond member staying at the residences across the street...I asked them would I get exec access anyway, and they said no. I maybe could've asked to speak to her manager, but I didn't care too much. The breakfast at the residences was great, and I had received a room upgrade with free internet anyway...
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:34 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
A senior sales manager had previously told me that Diamonds would get lounge access. They may have revised the proposed policy before opening. Or staff may not realize that Diamonds do get lounge access as the property just opened December 1st. Either way, pretty poor IMHO as surely Golds would get the same benefits as Diamonds?

Anyway, nice report and pics-thanks for posting.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
A senior sales manager had previously told me that Diamonds would get lounge access. They may have revised the proposed policy before opening. Or staff may not realize that Diamonds do get lounge access as the property just opened December 1st. Either way, pretty poor IMHO as surely Golds would get the same benefits as Diamonds?

Anyway, nice report and pics-thanks for posting.
I went over to the resort, and the people at the front desk there told me I didn't get exec lounge access despite being diamond, it was because I was staying at the Residences. If I had chose to stray at the resort, then I would have gotten it. Comparing the rooms of each, the residences is the better choice.

Regardless, I did get a room upgrade at the residences which is much better than having the lounge access. I "imagine" that diamonds would be considered more heavily when compared to a gold when it comes to a room upgrade...that may be the main difference.

Free breakfast and free internet. If you are an active tourist like myself, I only used the hotel to shower, eat breakfast and sleep. I was out touring the city from 10am to 10pm everyday lol
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:56 pm

Smile

Hi alrvd83,

I was wondering if you could tell me if the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences has it's own swimming pool or is it shared with the hotel connected to it.

Regards
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ekdxb
Hi alrvd83,

I was wondering if you could tell me if the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences has it's own swimming pool or is it shared with the hotel connected to it.

Regards
Hello,

The Residences does not have a swimming pool. You have to go next door to the Resort for the pool and beach. Its literally a 30 sec walk.

The restaurant (breakfast in particular) was the best ive had in any hilton hotel and the rooms are much bigger than the resort.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:04 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Hello,

The Residences does not have a swimming pool. You have to go next door to the Resort for the pool and beach. Its literally a 30 sec walk.

The restaurant (breakfast in particular) was the best ive had in any hilton hotel and the rooms are much bigger than the resort.
Hi All, actually this is incorrect. The Residences does have it's own pool. it is fairly modest and is within the Residences complex. I took a pic of it when I was given a tour by management before opening date. The resort pool is much nicer.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Hi All, actually this is incorrect. The Residences does have it's own pool. it is fairly modest and is within the Residences complex. I took a pic of it when I was given a tour by management before opening date. The resort pool is much nicer.
John, I must have missed that completely. My mistake. I do remember the gym and another restaurant not open just yet as well.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Any recent upgrade experiences for Diamonds at this property? We, a family of four, will be at this hotel in December on a 14 night reward stay and hope to get an upgrade with two bedrooms.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:21 am
NoY

December is likely to be very busy at Jumeirah Beach, with expats & tourists. Snagging such an upgarde for 2 weeks may be ambitious. Try e-mailing the hotel in advance. You may even find acceptable cash upgrades available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.