Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Santa Clara {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I live right in this area. 20 minutes definitely sounds reasonable. Before leaving you can check a site like www.kcbs.com to check traffic.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
I agree with all of the above. The traffic from Santa Clara to the Airport area is not usually too bad. AFTER the airport...you're on your own.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
You can always call 511 on your cellphone for traffic updates. The system and its information is really good!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, ICH, Hertz
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
Thanks - 20 min is doable. Just didn't want to get into a bad situation traffic-wise.

How do you like this property? Any tips?

Thanks again.
I haven't stayed there since we closed our SC offices in 2004. It was one of the few hotels which had a decent menu. I stayed there enough that the chef would fix up some special meals for me. Since it has been almost 2 years since I stayed there YMMV.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 8:24 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
How do you like this property? Any tips?
You have PM.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:48 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Exec lounge always had an egg dish and a potato dish for breakfast. No longer. Vanished about three weeks ago. Now just cereal, bread, fruit, and yogurt.

Given that I've been staying here 50+ nights a year for the last 3-4 years, this is pretty disappointing.
So, did you consider asking the lounge staff or better the GM about it?
Old Nov 24, 2006, 7:33 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
So, did you consider asking the lounge staff or better the GM about it?
Both.

Turns out the lounge is now managed by the front desk, but will probably soon be managed by the lounge/restaurant.

Hot breakfast items may be back, but the other big change likely to happen is charging for (better) beer and wine in the PM and adding 3-4 top shelf liquors. Few US Hiltons have free drinks in their lounges. The thinking is that offering better spirits will offset the sting of paying for them.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Santa Clara vs. San Jose

Since the Santa Clara property is sold out for most of the week I will be in town, I'm considering the San Jose property - but the photos of the rooms don't look very appealing at all.

I haven't been a Hilton customer in quite some time, having moved full time to SPG, but since their local hotels are also sold out for part of my stay, I decided to mix'n'match as I am on-target to requal for SPG Plat anyway.

Can any local Hilton experts give me their opinion on the current state of the SJ Hilton? How is the service and Gold recognition? Have the rooms been updated?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Weekend warning

If you stay on weekends, the Executive Level lounge is closed.

Swimming pool is outside and faces the parking lot.

Fitness Room is somewhat small.

You can walk to GA easy. You can see the park from the hotel rooms.

Parking is outdoors, no charge to park. Right across the street is the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:11 pm

Anyone stay at this property recently?

Bobette
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
My latest stay was about a year ago. I was upgraded to an exec room each stay. Upon check-in I was offered a choice of free internet, a free drink in the lounge or the hotel bar, or a free in-room movie. The internet is free on the exec level, so you would pick one of the others if you get upgraded. Rooms were fine, and quiet.

There are two light rail stations within a block of the hotel. It can take you to the airport, which I found very convenient.

There is really nothing but office buildings, the convention center, and the Hyatt within close walking distance.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
My latest stay was about a year ago. I was upgraded to an exec room each stay. Upon check-in I was offered a choice of free internet, a free drink in the lounge or the hotel bar, or a free in-room movie. The internet is free on the exec level, so you would pick one of the others if you get upgraded. Rooms were fine, and quiet.

There are two light rail stations within a block of the hotel. It can take you to the airport, which I found very convenient.

There is really nothing but office buildings, the convention center, and the Hyatt within close walking distance.
I wonder if the lounge is open during the week now. I have to go to Menlo Park and am undecided as to whether I should stay at this Hilton or at a Marriott property. I'd prefer a property that has a nice area surrounding it and restaurants nearby (if that's even possible). We will be landing at SFO and will have a car.

Bobette
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by b1513
Anyone stay at this property recently?

Bobette
Not since last week

It was about the same as always. You seldom get an upgrade to the executive floor but this time I paid for it with one of their special rates (the Visa rate). I used my MR visa to get the special rate of $163 for the executive floor. Even without the 8th floor access you get breakfast in the lounge (its as you'd expect). Hotel still very clean, comfortable. Free parking surrounding the building. Easy in and out onto Great American Parkway.

(funny when i did my OLCI the screen said "You've Been Upgraded", but of course I knew I paid for my upgrade...)

8th floor has free internet. Other floors have paid wireless and a small business lounge in the lobby with a couple of PCs and printers. CL opened 6:30a to 9:30a then 5:30p to 8:30p for snacks.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:04 am

It's been a year for me. I've always considered it overpriced with a ho-hum attitude for HH elites.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by jabez
It's been a year for me. I've always considered it overpriced with a ho-hum attitude for HH elites.
I've always said to my colleagues that diamond at this hotel gets you a "we won't spit on you...... much...." attitude.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.