Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Santa Clara {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2001, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Santa Clara {US-CA}

I'm new to this board and would like to thank you for all the great info. Now, I'd like to vent about how badly this hotel treated me. I thought they would love my biz but I guess I was wrong. I negotiated a deal w/ one of the managers for a long-term rate. It would still be considerable at 239/day mon-fri for the next 10 months(I'm thinking lots of HHonors pts). Well, it's been a nightmare. I've been kicked out of their reservation 3 times and they even tried to raise the rate. I'm tired of thinking i might not have a room every week so will leave this hotel all together. Does anybody know a good hotel(Hilton Brand) in San Jose?

Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
FlybyniteWelcome to the boards

Why not try making a long term commitment at the Homewood Suites. They offer a nice new facility with an excellent location. http://www.homewood-suites.com/Hotel...HOME&pid=SJCCA
The rates aren't the best but negotiatable hopefully

------------------
Cheers Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott the flier (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Jun 13, 2003, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hilton at Great America Santa Clara / SJC

Hilton at Great America Santa Clara / SJC

Can anyone tell me about this property?
How close is it to Great America? Can you walk ?
They have a 21 day rate for July 4th weekend and I was thinking of snagging it. $63 per night.
I am Hilton Diamond, anyone know the chances of an upgrade here.

Is there a better property in the area to stay at
Thanks for the help,
Tom

Old Jun 13, 2003, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I stayed at this property a number of times but have not been there in 2 yrs

It is about 2 yrs old - walking distance - nice - really nothing to get upgraded to other than the "club" floor - the rooms were the same just on the same level as the club

HTH

Janet
Old Jun 13, 2003, 8:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
FYI, there's also an Embassy Suites just on the other side of 101 from Great America (I'm there now).

But $63 sounds really good.

I'm pretty sure that you can walk to GA from the Hilton. Unless I'm mistaked the ES has a shuttle that will take you there.

edited to add: The Embassy Suites "executive" rooms are exactly the same as the regular rooms, just on the top floor. If they have your Diamond number in the reservation they'll put a bathrobe and a snack box in your room before you arrive (regardless of what floor they put you on).

[This message has been edited by pdhenry (edited 06-13-2003).]
Old Jun 16, 2003, 8:14 pm

Mr. Starrunner and I stayed there for the 4th last year. Be sure to call the hotel. The price you quote will be on the non-park side. They rent the rooms on the Great American Park side, as part of a special 4th of July package. The place was packed with families. They did a barbeque in the back parking lot. They had a live band and dancing. That was fun. The back parking area is a fenced extension of the Great American parking lot. We decided to watch the fireworks from our room instead of the parking lot. The view was fabulous. They left the club on the top floor open and several families staked out the window seats. We were told that upgrades were a no go due to the package. And they were sold out. But I would ask. We were going to go there again this year but opted to join family in Santa Barbara instead. Hope this helps and have fun.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:20 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Something New at Hilton Santa Clara

I'm a diamond. You get a little card at check-in asking what sort of treats you would like delivered to your room and when. I just got off a transcon flight and paid little attention, but just now (6:00 PM) room service delivered a bottle of beer and two warm chocolate cookies with milk. Not sure what I was thinking about mixing beer and milk, but of course chocolate goes with everything
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:56 am

Sounds a lot like Wyndham ByRequest.

lux
Old May 24, 2004, 9:34 pm

Hilton Santa Clara-Staff is the best

I stay here all the time so I know most of the staff on a first name basis, but I have to tell you they really treat me well here.

Yesterday my flight IAD-SJC was delayed 3-1/2 hours, putting me in SJC after midnight. I called the hotel from IAD and asked the front desk to have Al, who works in the lounge, have the kitchen prepare some food for me as I would arrive after 10:00 when the kitchen closes. I got to the hotel about 1:00 AM and found a wonderful crab cake dish and two glasses of my favorite wine waiting in my room, all complimentary. It was like coming home.

And tonight in the lounge I remarked to Marta, a wonderful young lady who teaches English as a second language at her other job, that I didn't get any bottled water in my room so I was going to take one from the lounge. In less than 10 minutes two bottles showed up via room service.

Letter going to Hilton ASAP, as well as talking to the manager.

Great place. Highly recommend it.
Old May 24, 2004, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Thanks for your very positive report. I'll have to give them a try the next chance that I get.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 9:16 am

Hilton Santa Clara Exec Lounge-2 Drink Limit Now Enforced

I guess it was always official policy, but this week for the first time there were two small signs, one on the exec desk and the other by the drinks, indicating only 2 per person. FYI.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:58 pm

Hilton Santa Clara-Now these folks understand customer service

I've sung the praises of the staff here before, and admittedly I've spent 55+ nights here this year, but these folks really define what customer service should be. They value my business and make my stays pleasant.

Came back to my room last night after dinner to find a small attache case, maybe 12" X 4" x 7", that looks like something from the 1940s with pebbled leather finish and brass-like reinforced corners with rivets. Had a bow on it and a holiday card with a picture of and signatures of hotel staff. Inside all sorts of goodies, truffles, spiced pecans, truffle bar, cashews, chocolates, etc. Very nice amenity. Classy staff.

Will be amusing to carry this on the plane as I only have a small bag that won't hold it.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 4:56 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Marriott, American
Santa Clara Hiton. Feedback? Upgrades?

I''ll be staying at the Santa Clara Hilton in the beginning of April and I'm wondering what to expect as far as Hilton's go? Is it nice, has it been upgraded?

I'm also wondering what my chances of getting an upgrade to their 'Concierge' or 'HHonors' floor via my Gold status. (Any helpful advice in getting the upgrade there?)

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Brentski
Old Mar 13, 2005, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by brentski
I''ll be staying at the Santa Clara Hilton in the beginning of April and I'm wondering what to expect as far as Hilton's go? Is it nice, has it been upgraded?

I'm also wondering what my chances of getting an upgrade to their 'Concierge' or 'HHonors' floor via my Gold status. (Any helpful advice in getting the upgrade there?)

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Brentski
Is it the one by Great America? If so, its pretty nice, everything from the lobby to rooms. Even the pool is somewhat nicer, even though ur view is of the Great America's Parkinglot and some of the taller rides.
-Jasper
Old Mar 13, 2005, 6:25 am

I stay here 50+ nights a year. It's a nice hotel and the staff are great--well, they do know me after all this time.

Depending on the load (it's not a very big hotel, about 150 rooms IIRC), you should get upgraded to 8th floor. You'll also get lounge access for breakfast (modest but always has a hot dish, usually eggs of some kind), as well as free beer, wine, and hor d'ouvres in the evening.

Usually packed with business travelers and sometimes convention crowds from the Santa Clara convention center across the street.

The San Francisco 49ers stay there during training camp in late summer. You can run into some very large human beings in the elevator during that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.