Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
I was supposed to stay here last night but had to cancel because the current heatwave in the uk makes it dangerous to do a 10mile Thames walk in 40c heat.
My point is that I’ve now unfortunately had to cancel 3 times due to the weather, however each time I’ve cancelled I’ve noticed I’ve been preupgraded to a junior suite.
I guess with the negativity going on currently about this hotel at least they are still doing suite upgrades here and that’s a positive.
I’ve re booked for 8th August and noticed the prices are not as crazy high as they were…… fingers crossed for good weather.

Last edited by wizla; Jul 18, 2022 at 11:17 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
You just need to get up early doesn't get too hot until about 9, so start at 5am (when it's already very bright) and you'll be back before breakfast is over
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
You just need to get up early doesn't get too hot until about 9, so start at 5am (when it's already very bright) and you'll be back before breakfast is over
Yeah but the pubs ain’t open!
Seriously though it’s the social aspect as much as the walk, I meet a bunch of friends ( who I only get to see once or twice a year ) at the anchor and hope near the flood barrier and another bunch up the road at the rose of Denmark….. by the time I get back kinda makes the executive lounge a bit pointless. 😂
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
That is indeed the Doubletree Excel, but even that is £354 per night! London prices are crazy now. And people are prepared to pay them, that’s the sad part.
I am shocked how expensive Hilton properties which could be charitably called “adequate” are this summer. Obviously someone is paying the rates but £354 for that property is absurd.

I guess we have to wait for the bubble on London hotels to burst and spend longer seeking value.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Freetotravel
I am shocked how expensive Hilton properties which could be charitably called “adequate” are this summer. Obviously someone is paying the rates but £354 for that property is absurd.

I guess we have to wait for the bubble on London hotels to burst and spend longer seeking value.
I'm not sure if this also applies to some Hilton properties however there are quite a few IHG branded properties currently housing refugees, no doubt other hotels are also participating in this scheme and this combined with leisure travel rebounding strongly is undoubtedly pushing up rates across the city.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by chrism20
I'm not sure if this also applies to some Hilton properties however there are quite a few IHG branded properties currently housing refugees, no doubt other hotels are also participating in this scheme and this combined with leisure travel rebounding strongly is undoubtedly pushing up rates across the city.

Definitley applies to Hilton Olympia. They have housed refugees since last year. The old executive lounge is used as a communal area for them.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: Air Miles
Does anyone have a recent experience of being Gold and upgraded to Executive Room, and if so, were you allowed to have breakfast in the main restaurant (as opposed to the lounge)?

Had a recent experience with Hilton Malta where I had booked an Executive Room but was told by several members of staff that I couldn't have brekkie in the main restaurant only to find out the next day from a third staff member that it was fine...

thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by rtw05
Does anyone have a recent experience of being Gold and upgraded to Executive Room, and if so, were you allowed to have breakfast in the main restaurant (as opposed to the lounge)?

Had a recent experience with Hilton Malta where I had booked an Executive Room but was told by several members of staff that I couldn't have brekkie in the main restaurant only to find out the next day from a third staff member that it was fine...

thanks!
I’m pretty sure golds are allowed to take breakfast in the main restaurant, I’m ( hopefully) there Monday/Tuesday…..will check for you.
I will do a live review so feel free to remind me Monday night.
rtw05 and Stand Free like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
This hotel doesn’t offer breakfast in the executive lounge anymore so everybody has breakfast in the restaurant.
rtw05 and wizla like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:44 am

Thank you to you both - good news. I'm actually there this weekend, so will try to report back a bit too, but I always enjoy reading others' reviews wizla!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:06 am

Thank you to you both - good news. I'm actually there this weekend, so will try to report back a bit too, but I always enjoy reading others' reviews wizla!
Thanks, it’s nice to be appreciated…. I review every Hilton I stay at and it’s nice to know folk read and appreciate my efforts….. I look forward to your comments, I should be there from 7am Monday morning.
simonsmith, NoY, rtw05 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by wizla
Thanks, it’s nice to be appreciated…. I review every Hilton I stay at and it’s nice to know folk read and appreciate my efforts….. I look forward to your comments, I should be there from 7am Monday morning.
+1 from me. I love reading your posts Wizla and look forward to them. Great blogger!! Thank you
simonsmith, rtw05, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Freetotravel
+1 from me. I love reading your posts Wizla and look forward to them. Great blogger!! Thank you
Thank you…..kind words.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:05 am

Have checked in and was upgraded to King Executive Room. I am a Gold member. When I enquired about Lounge access, I was told that because I didn't originally book an Executive Room, but rather was upgraded to it, I wouldn't be granted lounge access. It's been a while since I frequented Hilton but is that consistent with their policy? It's not how I've understood it in the past. This is from their website:

If you are an Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Have checked in and was upgraded to King Executive Room. I am a Gold member. When I enquired about Lounge access, I was told that because I didn't originally book an Executive Room, but rather was upgraded to it, I wouldn't be granted lounge access. It's been a while since I frequented Hilton but is that consistent with their policy? It's not how I've understood it in the past. This is from their website:

If you are an Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.

Hi,

The hotel's comment seems wrong to me and your understanding is correct ( ie if you were upgraded to a EL room then EL access should be granted) . I might ask again politely referring them to the website comments

Regards

TBS
rtw05 and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.