Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:22 pm

Secured a low rate for a Sunday of 116
Preupgraded 24 hrs before arrival to 1407
Hotel was very quiet
Exec Lounge was barely occupied (max maybe 10 tables) good to see regulars
Hot food was a tasty cheese tomato pasta or I think pork shoulder with mash
Very good cold items - obviously better than the usual Friday/Saturday options
Usual selection of drinks but no gin station
Nice touches preferred table reserved - Guest Relations Manager came in for a chat and offered hot food if we wanted - as both full we were given a delicious lemon tart and berries
Usual welcome gifts - Cava, bath oils ,cake and tray of biscuits
Slept very well and sauntered downstairs for breakfast at 8.30am
Very very very quiet (about 5 tables)
Service and selection was excellent - remembered our preferred drink choices and egg dishes - all bought to the table my chefs
Better selection of pastries and an excellent English Brie
Choice of smoothies though passed on the kale and apple one lol
Staff apparently will be still employed by hotel after the area changes though was informed breakfast will temporarily be in the lounge and at busy periods the conference rooms - my gist from other conversations that other changes (and lounge ) will be hapoening this year
A really memorable stay now at 130 + stays and hope changes this year dont deter me from returning
Off to Wembley next Sunday already upgraded to Exec Suite and then Hilton Beirut Dow town - with an a amazing upgrade secured there for the end of the month
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Secured a low rate for a Sunday of 116
Preupgraded 24 hrs before arrival to 1407
Hotel was very quiet
Exec Lounge was barely occupied (max maybe 10 tables) good to see regulars
Hot food was a tasty cheese tomato pasta or I think pork shoulder with mash
Very good cold items - obviously better than the usual Friday/Saturday options
Usual selection of drinks but no gin station
Nice touches preferred table reserved - Guest Relations Manager came in for a chat and offered hot food if we wanted - as both full we were given a delicious lemon tart and berries
Usual welcome gifts - Cava, bath oils ,cake and tray of biscuits
Slept very well and sauntered downstairs for breakfast at 8.30am
Very very very quiet (about 5 tables)
Service and selection was excellent - remembered our preferred drink choices and egg dishes - all bought to the table my chefs
Better selection of pastries and an excellent English Brie
Choice of smoothies though passed on the kale and apple one lol
Staff apparently will be still employed by hotel after the area changes though was informed breakfast will temporarily be in the lounge and at busy periods the conference rooms - my gist from other conversations that other changes (and lounge ) will be hapoening this year
A really memorable stay now at 130 + stays and hope changes this year don’t deter me from returning
Off to Wembley next Sunday already upgraded to Exec Suite and then Hilton Beirut Dow town - with an a amazing upgrade secured there for the end of the month
Thanks for the report, as always enjoyed reading it, I really hope they don’t move or change the lounge.
There is an outside chance I may be here myself next Monday night, I have Greenwich doubletree booked but may change.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No Exec suites at Wembley. Think you mean just corner or OBS.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
A last minute stay here Friday and Saturday. Lounge extremely busy, completely full on both nights.
On Fri one staff member who has worked here for a while and is very efficient. Food and alcohol out at 5.50pm and he never ran out of anything, super organised. He was rushed of his feet all night, but always remained courteous. Hot food were fish&chips and a huge bowl of mac&cheese which was a real crowd pleaser. Half the lounge left at 7.30pm to go to the concert at the o2.

Last night was a complete shambles. I came in at 5.45pm to find lounge full of dirty tables. People sat at them waiting to be cleaned. Staff was a guy who has worked here since last year and a manager from front of house. Neither had a clue what to do. Afternoon tea still had to be cleared at 6pm, food came slowly and alcohol even slower. The large ice bucked for wine and cava wasn’t even there yet. White wine put out warm and there was even a very nice looking bottle of rose, which unfortunately had a cork but it hadn’t been opened 🙄. People were really becoming agitated by the slow service as most were again going to a concert.
Chef obviously couldn’t decide what to make because food was the large bowl with chicken wings and small pots with gnocchi in tomato sauce.
One point which really irritated me, there was no thong for the breadbasket. Always bad, but in these corona virus times even worse. People just took the bread with their hands as patience ran out to wait for everything. No napkins either.

Another thing to mention, a family with 2 children came in at 6.15pm and the manager politely informed them of the lounge policy not to allow children and whilst not happy they left.

The hotel seems to have been hit hard by cancellations for the corona virus as a lot of staff have been asked to use their holidays now and the housekeeper told me she didn’t have to come in for 3 days. It will become a serious financial problem for many who work here I fear. Breakfast in the lounge this morning was run by the friendly Spanish receptionist and whilst doing the job to the best of his ability I find it bad management to let a guy do this on his own on a busy Sunday morning. Of course he ran out of glasses, coffee cups ect.

As I entered the lounge I noticed this outside the lounge and also on the desk. Apologies for the dodgy picture, but I can’t seem to turn it.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
A last minute stay here Friday and Saturday. Lounge extremely busy, completely full on both nights.
On Fri one staff member who has worked here for a while and is very efficient. Food and alcohol out at 5.50pm and he never ran out of anything, super organised. He was rushed of his feet all night, but always remained courteous. Hot food were fish&chips and a huge bowl of mac&cheese which was a real crowd pleaser. Half the lounge left at 7.30pm to go to the concert at the o2.

Last night was a complete shambles. I came in at 5.45pm to find lounge full of dirty tables. People sat at them waiting to be cleaned. Staff was a guy who has worked here since last year and a manager from front of house. Neither had a clue what to do. Afternoon tea still had to be cleared at 6pm, food came slowly and alcohol even slower. The large ice bucked for wine and cava wasnt even there yet. White wine put out warm and there was even a very nice looking bottle of rose, which unfortunately had a cork but it hadnt been opened 🙄. People were really becoming agitated by the slow service as most were again going to a concert.
Chef obviously couldnt decide what to make because food was the large bowl with chicken wings and small pots with gnocchi in tomato sauce.
One point which really irritated me, there was no thong for the breadbasket. Always bad, but in these corona virus times even worse. People just took the bread with their hands as patience ran out to wait for everything. No napkins either.

Another thing to mention, a family with 2 children came in at 6.15pm and the manager politely informed them of the lounge policy not to allow children and whilst not happy they left.

The hotel seems to have been hit hard by cancellations for the corona virus as a lot of staff have been asked to use their holidays now and the housekeeper told me she didnt have to come in for 3 days. It will become a serious financial problem for many who work here I fear. Breakfast in the lounge this morning was run by the friendly Spanish receptionist and whilst doing the job to the best of his ability I find it bad management to let a guy do this on his own on a busy Sunday morning. Of course he ran out of glasses, coffee cups ect.

As I entered the lounge I noticed this outside the lounge and also on the desk. Apologies for the dodgy picture, but I cant seem to turn it.
Oh dear....... sounds poor, my love/hate relationship with Hilton Canary Wharf is due to its inconsistency, when its great which to be fair is most of the time its great but when it goes wrong its annoyingly bad .
There was an outside chance I was going to stay there tomorrow night but I just cant justify 211, Im at Hilton Bankside for the same price.
Bad management here , I guess at least they enforced the under 16s policy.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:18 pm

Look forward to hearing how Bankside is dealing with the Corona virus situation as here its panic mode. Even the concierge was told not to come for work.

Tonight the food was penne in tomato sauce and spagetti bolognese. Overcooked of course.
And the same guy from yesterday now removed the alcohol at 8pm when it should have stayed out untill 10pm. I couldnt be bothered to complain, Im just glad to be leaving tomorrow.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:30 pm

Look forward to hearing how Bankside is dealing with the Corona virus situation as here its panic mode. Even the concierge was told not to come for work.

Tonight the food was penne in tomato sauce and spagetti bolognese. Overcooked of course.
And the same guy from yesterday now removed the alcohol at 8pm when it should have stayed out untill 10pm. I couldnt be bothered to complain, Im just glad to be leaving tomorrow.
Here tonight as found cheap rate for a Sunday
Preupgraded to 1305 Junior Suite
Welcome card in Suite and fruit bowl
Exec Lounge is closed for breakfast and afternoon tea items have to be requested
No staff in the lounge until 6.15pm so drinks and food late
Very limited selection of food and drinks but the hot food is salmon and a good pasta dish too
No bowls of salad
Drinks also limited
Only 5 guests currently in lounge at 7.30pm
Told food and drink finishes at 8pm
Will report back on breakfast trmw morning
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Now would be great timing for any hotel to do renovations.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Here tonight as found cheap rate for a Sunday
Preupgraded to 1305 Junior Suite
Welcome card in Suite and fruit bowl
Exec Lounge is closed for breakfast and afternoon tea items have to be requested
No staff in the lounge until 6.15pm so drinks and food late
Very limited selection of food and drinks but the hot food is salmon and a good pasta dish too
No bowls of salad
Drinks also limited
Only 5 guests currently in lounge at 7.30pm
Told food and drink finishes at 8pm
Will report back on breakfast trmw morning
I kinda expected them to stop serving food all together, no better reason than this. I was supposed to go there for Easter break but I cancelled my stay. Been told it could take up to a week before its processed.
NoY and hugolover like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:52 am

I kinda expected them to stop serving food all together, no better reason than this. I was supposed to go there for Easter break but I cancelled my stay. Been told it could take up to a week before its processed.
Went to breakfast at 8.30am
As expected very quiet 7 other guests
Three members of staff who given the current circumstances provided an excellent friendly and delicious breakfast
Hot food was cooked to order and brought to our table as theyve removed hot food section - cold food selection as usual
My heart goes out to the staff in the sector at the moment
Due to go to Doubletree Docklands London on Sunday but reviewing current travel advice in London
Stay safe everyone
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:15 am

Hotel will close soon

There’s no official announcement yet, but I have it on good authority that the hotel will close soon until further notice.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:16 am

Theres no official announcement yet, but I have it on good authority that the hotel will close soon until further notice.
Yep, now closed until further notice along with nearly all the other Hilton related hotels in the uk.......guess it was inevitable.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:15 pm

I’m here ( weather permitting) Monday night...... my first Hilton stay since early March ( Hilton Bankside ).
Plan is to do my yearly Thames walk so will be arriving early around 8am.
Obviously I won’t be around during the day and I’m kinda guessing there won’t be much to report on as lounge is closed but I will do live reports regardless to report on the procedures during Covid..
I’ve booked a double guest room and told them via email I’m happy to forfeit any upgrade for an early check in too.
I do this every year and so far have been successful with upgrade and room at 8am but I’m still aware that this is a big ask.
Will report back!
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Im here ( weather permitting) Monday night...... my first Hilton stay since early March ( Hilton Bankside ).
Plan is to do my yearly Thames walk so will be arriving early around 8am.
Obviously I wont be around during the day and Im kinda guessing there wont be much to report on as lounge is closed but I will do live reports regardless to report on the procedures during Covid..
Ive booked a double guest room and told them via email Im happy to forfeit any upgrade for an early check in too.
I do this every year and so far have been successful with upgrade and room at 8am but Im still aware that this is a big ask.
Will report back!
Enjoy your walk Wizla and Im sure an upgrade wont be a problem even at 8am given the fact their occupancy is still rock bottom. I look forward to hearing what Diamond benefits are.

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Aug 22, 2020 at 2:56 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:38 pm

Enjoy your walk Wizla and Im sure an upgrade wont be a problem even at 8am given the fact their occupancy is still rock bottom. I look forward to hearing what Diamond benefits are.
Thanks, to be honest Im not expecting anything great and it was a crazy low price of 87 too.
I will probably have room service but will see.....Im still very mindful we are in a pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.